CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The changing region thing might work to get it a little bit earlier, it worked a few weeks ago for me when I bought FIFA but that had varying release dates. Will change region to New Zealand on Monday and hope for the best

How would that work. It releases at the same exact time across the globe.

Not true. It unlocks at the earliest midnight in your region. So for example, the US version of the game unlocks at 12:01AM EST and 9:01PM PST.

I couldn't play Destiny until like 8AM last year because I picked it up from the US store.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not true. It unlocks at the earliest midnight in your region. So for example, the US version of the game unlocks at 12:01AM EST and 9:01PM PST.

I couldn't play Destiny until like 8AM last year because I picked it up from the US store.

Ohhh gotcha, my bad

So if I changed my region to Australia...

So if I changed my region to Australia...

If you changed to Australia and pre-ordered from that store, yes. 

The game is 12 dollars more expensive, though.

And paid the steel price of Australian priced games of 150$ per copy, yes.

Would this also change the servers you are stuck playing on?

Nope. That all depends on your actual location. I know Titanfall will automatically choose one for you based on ping (and let you change it afterwards) but I believe Halo 5 will just choose the best one based on ping.

Damn... Is it possible to get refunds on digital pre-orders?

I believe not, that should be based on the IP the Xbox One is currently on.

Damn... Is it possible to get refunds on digital pre-orders?

Yes, reach out to Xbox Support and ask for a refund. I refunded my The Taken King pre-order last month so I could pre-order a different edition. 

Just be careful switching to other regions and buying stuff, though. In some cases, your game might only work on the region you buy it from.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, reach out to Xbox Support and ask for a refund. I refunded my The Taken King pre-order last month so I could pre-order a different edition. 

Just be careful, though.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

My campaign countdown is almost done. Ive been doing one mission everyday. Almost beat all 5 games on solo and co op legendary.

I just changed my region to Australia, went on the store and it seemed as if I had bought the game already (it just said manage), which I did, but in the US store. Is this normal? Could I just uninstall and install again? Do you know if that would work?

I just changed my region to Australia, went on the store and it seemed as if I had bought the game already (it just said manage), which I did, but in the US store. Is this normal? Could I just uninstall and install again? Do you know if that would work?

Have you actually bought the game already?

Have you actually bought the game already?

In the US store I did. I tried to see if I could buy it in the Australian store and where the price would be, it says 'Manage', so it seems like I already own the game, in the Australian store too.

In the US store I did. I tried to see if I could buy it in the Australian store and where the price would be, it says 'Manage', so it seems like I already own the game, in the Australian store too.

Oh yeah, once you've bought it, you can't buy it again in the Australian store. You still 'own' the game, regardless of the region.

You could try deleting and re-installing and see if it unlocks at the Aussie time.

5090466+_c2b2d55434daabdaa643661efc19f08

Not literally the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1