CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hmm..any guesses on which pros get their copies early? 

Probably all of Top 8 Season 2 and maybe some extra Pros if they have the right connections.

It is redline-power-rush-hour-160579.jpg

Drank one of these before work the other day for the first time. Didn't find out til after that it was 2 servings. Liquid cocaine i tell you.

I need this bad lol 

I wonder if it will be physically possible for me to beat 1-4 campaigns on Legendary for helioskrill before Monday night? :o

Definitely possible but say goodbye to life for those two days (if you decide to do it back to back). 

Last Saturday I did Halo 3 and Halo 4 in 1 sitting then this Saturday I completed Halo 2 solo and did all of CE. Was a pain to do but I don't regret it at all. I now know that I'm not as nearly as bad as I thought I was at playing campaign. Also I finally understand Halo's story because I actually paid attention this time. It actually made me excited for Halo 5's campaign which I was going to save for later but now it will be the first thing I play.

You have plenty of time.

This stuff can floor you pretty hard. Or is it just the pill supplement that tears you up?

Someone I knew back in school said his heart raced after one of these.

EDIT: I cannot type right now for some reason.

Haven't had the pill but the drink can hit you pretty hard. I was hooked on it for a bit.

"Per night" more like, per eight hour session a day. I learned that before the beta, when I wanted Helioskrill. XP

CE took me three days and Halo 3 took me two when I had to work the whole time. I forget how long Halo 2 took me because I did that at launch but it was for sure longer. Almost done with ODST and H4 shouldn't take long at all.

Suddoth 1 just jacked some random girl's stream and is rebroadcasting it... what.

Girlfriend maybe? idk lol

febb2c06f6.png

:wutface:

This stuff can floor you pretty hard. Or is it just the pill supplement that tears you up?

I don't know about the pill but you could definitely feel your heart racing after drinking it lol. Probably won't be having these anymore, despite their effectiveness o.o

Alright well I'll be on all week try this crap if I have the patience. If anyone wants to help/needs to do it also. I'll be using the skulls you can use (bandanna skull)

I'm on The Oracle level on Halo 2 atm. Didn't do any of the other campaigns. FML, I just want Helioskrill. Gamertag is ZENl7H with an l instead of I. 7 also. If you want to do legendary campaign with someone bad, I'm your guy lol.

Alright well I'll be on all week try this crap if I have the patience. If anyone wants to help/needs to do it also. I'll be using the skulls you can use (bandanna skull) I'm on The Oracle level on Halo 2 atm. Didn't do any of the other campaigns. FML, I just want Helioskrill. Gamertag is ZENl7H with an l instead of I. 7 also. If you want to do legendary campaign with someone bad, I'm your guy lol.

Doesn't work. I tried it with one mission and never got the achievement for completing the mission so you have to play it legit. They must have patched it or something. 

CE took me three days and Halo 3 took me two when I had to work the whole time. I forget how long Halo 2 took me because I did that at launch but it was for sure longer. Almost done with ODST and H4 shouldn't take long at all.

I feel weird in saying, I was able to do all Halos in 8-9 hours, each, compared to these longer games times. Of course, my pressure to reach the goal on time might've just made me gain sicK [email protected] skills for the few days, but I never once went over 10 hours. Went in order of Halo 4>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo: CE. Was weird, seeing the story progress backwards. XP

Doesn't work. I tried it with one mission and never got the achievement for completing the mission so you have to play it legit. They must have patched it or something. 

Well if it doesn't work then fuck it lol I am not doing it. I heard it doesn't work for the achievement but for the armor it does 

I wouldn't say nothing. Halo was the most popular game in it's glory days of Halo 2/Halo 3, so about a 4-5 year run as the "go-to" game. By around 2009 Halo 3 had gotten stale and people were either ready for a new Halo game with fresh graphics, updated physics, less lag and etc or they were ready to move on to a different game. Since Reach didn't come out until 2010 and introduced gamebreaking mechanics to Halo, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people defected from Halo and moved to Call of Duty. It's kind of like when everyone left myspace for facebook. Would they have made the switch if Bungie had released Halo 3.5 in 2009? I think not.

To this day, I still have never played a Call of Duty game and still don't see any appeal in the game whatsoever. I don't understand how anyone can find a gimmick filled, random, low skill gap game addicting.

Dude, people were going to move to CoD regardless. Arena games are out of style because the barrier to entry is simply far too high for casual gamers, especially with an impatient generation that expects immediate gratification.

Look at the servers for UT, Quake and all the other Quake clones and tell me you don't see a very obvious pattern.

I can give any of my friends a control and have them jump into a server in CoD and rack up at least a few kills.

Give a controller to a friend and throw them into Halo and they get obliterated by some of the crappiest players I've ever seen.

Halo was popular for years because it was the only FPS worth playing on console. What other console FPS were even half way decent? We had the abortion that was Perfect Dark Zero, UT3 which was never going to take off on a console and dumbed down Battlefield games that were 10X's better on PC.

Then along comes CoD which runs at a smooth 60FPS, has far more complex level design, is easy as hell to pick up and play, allows you to find games incredibly quickly, ONLY rewards you and never punishes you regardless of how bad you are, gives you almost unlimited character customisation, allows joining games that are already in progress and on top of that it has an addictive progression system that was probably designed by the same people who program slot machines.

I believe Halo is the superior series, but if any of my casual gaming friends asked me which game to buy I would NEVER recommend Halo over CoD.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Went in order of Halo 4>Halo 3>Halo 2>Halo: CE. Was weird, seeing the story progress backwards. XP

Crazy, cause that's how I'm doing it too. I'm on the 9th mission of CE now, so almost done. ODST doesn't need to be completed to unlock the helmet, does it?

Well if it doesn't work then fuck it lol I am not doing it. I heard it doesn't work for the achievement but for the armor it does 

I'm pretty sure Helioskrill goes off the legend achievement but idk maybe the game hated me and decided not to give me an achievement for attempting to cheat lol.

Wait top players are getting the game early?  Wut?

Unpopular opinion but why are Pros getting an early copy on Thursday? Any early event the top players are going to have an easy early advantage. Yall complained so much on MLG Dallas 2014 when players got the game early but aren't salty about this? wtf? They're going to have a week advantage and you know these guys are going to have 24+ hours ahead the rest of the game, share info between themselves only and get easy placements once the game launches because they already figured out day 1 strategies BEFORE the game comes out. Seriously, I'm not interested in watching top players I've been seeing since fucking 2007 or so (for the most part) , it's boring as all hell. This isn't helping the players below the top 8 to get ahead. You should be helping competition grow, not let the same players who are at the top get an even MORE advantage. At least in my opinion, Halo is incredibly boring to watch. No new players, no new faces for the most part, etc. Seriously. there is barely any player growth. I mean there's some but for the most part its just the same people and you're solidifying that even more by letting them have it early? why? 

This is like letting Daigo get SFV a week before everyone else, or letting Zero grab the new smash game before the rest of the community, or Formal grabbing Black Ops 3 before the rest of the players,  etc. 

I'm happy they're getting copies early so that I get to watch good gameplay up until release. I definitely see your point though because if I was competing, I'd be furious. If you plan on competing your best bet is to watch and learn and really analyze gameplay

Crazy, cause that's how I'm doing it too. I'm on the 9th mission of CE now, so almost done. ODST doesn't need to be completed to unlock the helmet, does it?

No.

EDIT:  I cannot type right now for some reason.

That stuff ain't so bad. I used to make 8 to 12 hour road trips, and I'd down two of these every three hours.

Then again, when I finally reached my destination my body never felt too grand.

Well, just preordered Halo 5 and am downloading it now. Hopefully my phone stays cool all night so it downloads faster.

Anyone else really happy we have a ranked FFA playlist? I mean, even though Truth isn't in the playlist, at least its slayer only!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure Helioskrill goes off the legend achievement but idk maybe the game hated me and decided not to give me an achievement for attempting to cheat lol.

Ah man I'm just going to probably give up on it then.