CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

But Halo is a competitive game. Since it is that, I'd much rather play with and against others within my skill range. Ranked offers that far more often than social. I see COD's success more as Halo's failure. I believe that if Bungie had released a proper Halo game in 2009(2 years after H3), then Halo's success would have kept going. Now if you want to say that COD is successful because it's social, well look at Halo Reach and Halo 4, all social, and both of which have failed miserably in comparison to Halo 2 and 3.

Arena will cater to everyone. It's just that the kids without thumbs will be matching other kids without thumbs instead of getting obliterated by guys like us. Sure, stomping noobs can be fun sometimes, as are the rage messages afterwards, but I'll take a competitive matchup over that anytime.

Nobody is forcing anyone into Warzone, but if people want a casual/social playlist, then that playlist sounds perfect. Not sure why anyone would complain because Warzone is as casual as you get. Also there is the social weekend playlist too.

Halo is a competitive game to you. To other people it is something else. Halo is many different things to many different people.

-COD would have been successful no matter what Halo did.

-Reach and H4 obviously had a shit ton of things wrong with them but they also lacked a proper balance between ranked and social play. Reach/H4 were way to far over on the social side and H5 is way too far over on the ranked side. You know which games worked? H2 and H3. The games that had a balance between ranked and social.

Arena doesn't cater to everyone. Not even close. A lot of people do not like playing in a rank environment. Even if it is a lower skilled player vs other lower skilled players. It also doesn't cater at all to people in mixed skill parties.

Warzone is obviously not an adequate replacement for social playlists. Don't be stupid.

The problem right now is that H5 is catering to a very small % of it's playerbase. It's kind of catering to competitive players(all ranked but there's still sprint and other gimmicks as well as breakout in HCS). And it's kind of catering to casual big team players. That's pretty much it. And that's not a lot of people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i still think he's an alt of Yoseph lmao

Nah, dude was cut throat as fuck when it came to dat Halo: Combat Evolved. I'd say a mix of Cursed Lemon and cT in his prime.

His posts a were oddly poetic, as Imperium said. Bar after bar after bar bruh

Yoseph is a purist but a little more lenient towards the devs' incompetence i feel.

TTHM is missed for sure

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

dammit, was stuck in class and couldn't join the TB company in time :(. Looks like I'm chilling on the waiting list  RIP. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

dammit, was stuck in class and couldn't join the TB company in time :(. Looks like I'm chilling on the waiting list  RIP. 

same here oh well i can wait i have very good Patience skills

ORD making a comeback...

sZCtucv.gif

EDIT; nvm, it's borked when I try to log in >_>

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks Droid, BigShow36, IIVmuirepml, Shixon and everyone else for joining up :).

Love you careh too, I'll invite you when I can if you'd like to join.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Droid, BigShow36, IIVmuirepml, Shixon and everyone else for joining up :).

So are we a Warzone clan or what? 

We need a Beyond entertainment 2 company @@Moa
  • Upvote (+1) 1

hey could i get a invite GT: speedyswift44 i hope its not full already

We need a Beyond entertainment 2 company @@Moa

We're hoping the cap will be raised before we look into doing that.

So are we a Warzone clan or what?

Could you imagine all of us playing on one warzone team?

"Everyone use your CE Magnums...now!"

@@dipsetab I'll invite you in a bit, we have plenty of room

• Upvote (+1) 3

If the cap doesn't get raised I'm in favor of making a "The Halo Council" company instead of a BEv2 one......

Halo is a competitive game to you. To other people it is something else. Halo is many different things to many different people.

-COD would have been successful no matter what Halo did.

-Reach and H4 obviously had a shit ton of things wrong with them but they also lacked a proper balance between ranked and social play. Reach/H4 were way to far over on the social side and H5 is way too far over on the ranked side. You know which games worked? H2 and H3. The games that had a balance between ranked and social.

Arena doesn't cater to everyone. Not even close. A lot of people do not like playing in a rank environment. Even if it is a lower skilled player vs other lower skilled players. It also doesn't cater at all to people in mixed skill parties.

Warzone is obviously not an adequate replacement for social playlists. Don't be stupid.

The problem right now is that H5 is catering to a very small % of it's playerbase. It's kind of catering to competitive players(all ranked but there's still sprint and other gimmicks as well as breakout in HCS). And it's kind of catering to casual big team players. That's pretty much it. And that's not a lot of people.

Halo is objectively a competitive game. Shields, everybody starting with the same weapons, strafing, knowledge of weapon spawns and times, and securing map control make it that.

COD owes a lot of it's success to Halo's failure. Millions of Halo players left Halo for COD because Halo went to hell. COD would still be successful, but not nearly as much so if Halo would have kept releasing quality titles and doing so every 2 years.

What do you mean people don't like playing in a ranked environment? To them, I say cry me a river and build me a bridge. Halo 5's ranking system is the best we've had since Halo 2, if not better.

Warzone is a great replacement for social playlists. It's perfect for all the kids who just want to mindlessly drive around in mongooses or want to go afk for the first couple of minutes and then quit and hop onto Netflix. Halo has lost a lot of popularity since 2010, thanks to Reach, the 4, and MCC, so the Halo's population these days can't sustain a ton of social playlists like it could in the glory days of H2/H3. Besides, guests are gone so there really is no need for social anymore.

People want competitive Halo back. Halo 5's ranking system does that. Halo's playerbase currently is a very small % of what it was in the H2/H3 glory days. Millions of people left Halo as it became a joke. Advocating for social over ranked makes about as much sense as advocating for sprint.

Think about it. All dedicated servers, a deep ranking system, no more noobs and guests as teammates or opponents, quit and AFK penalties, no more armor abilities....this game is a dream come true.

Do you get a req pack every time you make a new company?

So if I make one, have four people join. Leave it. Make a new one, etc. I'll keep getting req packs?

Do you get a req pack every time you make a new company?

So if I make one, have four people join. Leave it. Make a new one, etc. I'll keep getting req packs?

Please try it. 

Could you imagine all of us playing on one warzone team?

"Everyone use your CE Magnums...now!"

@@dipsetab I'll invite you in a bit, we have plenty of room

12 scratch off tickets are better than 1.