CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The crazy thing is, they could easily flip the switch and let us all play it, but you know, launch parties and marketing... 

Based 343, Please let xbox preview members play Halo 5 early.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're assuming that unranked means no skill-based matchmaking in effect. Even without visible ranks, matchmaking should be solving for like skill. And if it didn't, you're overlooking the fact that the situation you are trying to solve for your wife (having her get frustrated playing against Diamond+ skill players) is the same one you are wishing on the people she would prefer to play against with you. In that case, YOU would be the Diamond+ player romping on someone else and HIS wife, frustrating the shit out of them.

Matchmaking will do its best to find the best combination of skill between teams w/ a wide range of talent. But it's not an easy problem to solve and usually winds up with lower caliber talent getting frustrated.

I actually love your ranking system and playlist selection for Halo 5. It makes sense, because ranked offers a much better chance at getting competitive matchups. Also by not having a ton of playlists, each playlist will be heavily populated which means faster search times and more competitive matchups.

I love Big Team, but have had to endure years of "social" Big Team on Halo 3 and Halo Reach(didn't play H4). Neither of those social playlists came anywhere close to the competitiveness that was Halo 2's ranked "BTB Skirmish".  The problem with social is that matches almost always unbalanced where you have tryhards like myself and a bunch of thumbless noobs and guests. I have to search solo or very small parties, so that the other team won't quit. I can't tell you how many times I've had to play slayer on Sandtrap or Spire where there is only 1 person left on the other team. Seems like it's an unwritten Halo rule that if you're the last guy left, you have to stay for the entire game.

I have always hated social playlists, but because of my love for Big Team, I feel like I have been forced to play them with Halo 3 and Reach. Noobs, guests, and quitters galore. Back in Halo 2, I never played social since BTB was ranked then. So for Halo 5 with everything being ranked except for Warzone and the weekend social playlist, is a dream come true for me. Finally a Halo game where I won't be punished for having a high rank or k/d with noobs and guests as teammates, something I haven't had since Halo 2.

Yeah haven't you heard about the new REQ system for Lorezone?

Honestly don't see how that is a problem so meh. I always liked that they canonized Multiplayer. Its not like campaign had anything different from multiplayer anyhow

Guys I think it's time I come clean about my age.

I'm really an unborn fetus, I will born it two months, so I'm technically 0 years old.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any multiplayer footage yet? Lift your game media copy owners.

Also Josh, when can you hit us up with the pro gameplay?

Multiplayer isn't available until Thursday according to media embargos. The patch isn't even live yet.

I just started HTT today. Just finished episode 3 holy shit this is good. I need to go to sleep for class but I want to listen to the next episode :(

Edit: ...one more episode it is

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just started HTT today. Just finished episode 3 holy shit this is good. I need to go to sleep for class but I want to listen to the next episode :(

It stays good, you'll be hooked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I binge watched (listened?) to all of it in one day, that's how awesome it is. I was literally staring at nothing and closing my eyes for a whole 4 and a half hours lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I binge watched (listened?) to all of it in one day, that's how awesome it is. I was literally staring at nothing and closing my eyes for a whole 4 and a half hours lol.

honestly that's what I'm probably going to do after I have some free time lol. I've just been laying down on my bed the whole time lol. Great stuff so far

I thought the Jackal episode was really.. meh. Hopefully the next one is better. Besides that one, I've loved every single episode.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the Jackal episode was really.. meh. Hopefully the next one is better. Besides that one, I've loved every single episode.

yeah the Jackal episode wasn't as good as the other episodes were, I do t think it really needed to be all that great though, like the episode with Ben needed to be great and it was, the jackal episode seemed like filler to me.

the episode with Ben needed to be great 

It was incredible. One of those things that's gonna stick for a long time if you're a Halo fan. Keegan-Michael Key nailed it.

yeah the Jackal episode wasn't as good as the other episodes were, I do t think it really needed to be all that great though, like the episode with Ben needed to be great and it was, the jackal episode seemed like filler to me.

I liked the Jackal episode, but that could be because I like Jackals.

It will be interesting to see the day 1 population. 

I'll laugh if it will be known as the day of 1 population.

H5 better work.