CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So there won't be an in-game leaderboard for the top 200? That's lame.

Third party sites could most likely pull it with the API. I hope the people behind HaloTracker and HaloCharts do it. Usually their sites have far more detailed stats than Bungie or 343 provides anyway... and leaderboards in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had a Pro status in every playlist during the beta, it won't be hard for me at all.   :kappa:

Holy fuck, you're so cool.

Only 9-8 more days until we find out if Halo 5 is going to be great or good. Soooooo excited

We won't know that answer until after the honeymoon phase (~two weeks), but yeah, I'm excited too!

Third party sites could most likely pull it with the API. I hope the people behind HaloTracker and HaloCharts do it. Usually their sites have far more detailed stats than Bungie or 343 provides anyway... and leaderboards in the first place.

It looks like HaloCharts is not coming back. However the developer is starting a new leaderboards site titled HaloForce.com .

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3p43va/i_dont_think_i_have_it_in_me_to_do_halochartscom/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, found the pic that my brother took on H4's launch day with the playlists available. 

10804527_10205173734601549_1724650159_o.

Quick notes:
- Over 390 thousand people.

- There was 9 playlists on launch day.

- Team Slayer was the most popular.
- BTB, CTF and Infection were extremely popular as well.
- Slayer Pro wasn't the most popular, but it also had good numbers for a bit.

What do guys think about this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent

If you have to time to respond (or anyone else if this was already stated in this thread, I'm like 800 pages in the dark) can you please hear me out?

Now, I know you've stated several times in this thread about how much you learned from Halo 4, but I'm hoping you honestly take a nice good look at the matchmaking and at least consider making matchmaking restrictions.

There was a reason a lot of people revere Halo 3's Matchmaking system as one of the greatest of all time on consoles because the matchmaking portion of was damn near flawless.

Using your stance on a lot of decisions like adding Breakout to HCS, can you at least try matchmaking restrictions out? And if no one likes it, then stop -- Almost verbatim what your take was.

Don't take this post as cynicism because it's really not. It's purely constructive criticism by the overwhelming majority of Halo players both Casual and Competitive. 

• Teams of 4 vs Teams of 4. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. The population will be more than substantial enough to handle this should this game come out with little to no issues.
  • Teams of 3 + 1 Solo vs Teams of 3 + 1 Solo (some leniency like Teams of 3 + solo vs 2 teams of 2 would be acceptable IMO. If anyone else has thoughts, chime in).
  • Mixed Teams of 2/Solos vs Mixed teams of 2/solos.

I will say I'm not a fan of month long seasons, but for this ranking system, for it to be respected, teams of 4 cannot match random parties like you see in the Master Chief Collection. At least for ranked matches. This is by far one of the biggest reasons excluding properly skilled based matchmaking why that dodging epidemic started in MCC. The games are just too unfair and people would rather quit then get stomped. Yes, I'm aware of the ban hammer system you all have set in place and I'm happy for that! But fair matches needs to start here.

I hope you (or someone if this has been confirmed) responds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's time for a little TB throwback (For gits and shiggles). December 28th, 2014. The Little @@Moa, showing us how to download the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. :3

My-Great-Capture-Screenshot-2014-12-28-1

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys, found the pic that my brother took on H4's launch day with the playlists available.

Quick notes:

I wish that, that would be the population right now for MCC.

TL;DR for TL;DR: We need only one ranked playlist.

I'm going to politely disagree strongly. While I don't think there needs to be tons of ranked lists, at the very least there should be a 4v4 list, 2v2 list, and ffa list all ranked in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish that, that would be the population right now for MCC.

The MCC population isnt that bad for what its gone through. Still top 10 on xbl

Soooooo many people tried that game and hated it. That's what I think about this. 390,000 fucking thousand concurrent players. Down to 20,000 in the blink of an eye.

People are quick to say the MCC was 343's biggest failure. I don't know if it's that clear cut. H4 was a catastrophe.

Atleast Halo 4 matchmaking worked homie. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Im still playing the MCC a year after launch.

I traded in H4 after a couple months.

I'd rather a broken game that can be fun as opposed to a functioning game that just sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

for us Americans yeah, everyone else got shafted.

Quick notes:

I'm so happy they decided against the single gameplay playlists this time around. I can't believe there was a standalone King of the Hill playlist for day one. Halo 5's day one lineup is much better.

I think it's time for a little TB throwback (For gits and shiggles). December 28th, 2014. The Little @@Moa, showing us how to download the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. :3

My-Great-Capture-Screenshot-2014-12-28-1

I actually was looking at that menu option today wondering if it got removed. Heh.

Soooooo many people tried that game and hated it. That's what I think about this. 390,000 fucking thousand concurrent players. Down to 20,000 in the blink of an eye.

People are quick to say the MCC was 343's biggest failure. I don't know if it's that clear cut. H4 was a catastrophe.

that's the way the 4 crumbles.

I actually was looking at that menu option today wondering if it got removed. Heh.

Only grayed out. I do the same thing from time to time though.

Quick notes:

halo-4-population-day-1.png

It also apparently took a MASSIVE DIVE Day 1 for a brief period.

All of these are great points.  Hopefully after launch they will realize the error of their ways and fix it but one can only hope.  The lack of social outside of just Warzone and Weekend playlists is crazy.  Again what if you have friends who aren't as good but you still like to play with them?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surely that was a bit of sarcasm.

How would a "rank cap" in the first season discourage cheating? And even if they did do that..what would discourage cheaters in season 2?

There's no way they would do that, all that would do is piss people off and it'd turn into MCC in no time.

Didn't they do that in Halo 4? I agree that it makes ZERO sense, but thats 343's forte.

The MCC population isnt that bad for what its gone through. Still top 10 on xbl

Yea that is true. No matter how broken the game is. Us Halo fans will work through it because we love this game franchise so much.

I'm so happy they decided against the single gameplay playlists this time around. I can't believe there was a standalone King of the Hill playlist for day one. Halo 5's day one lineup is much better.

They do have dedicated Breakout and SWAT playlists however, although they will most likely be much more popular than such standalone objective game-type playlists as Oddball or King of the Hill; they could have been grouped (having similar health/shield systems) into a Team Tactical playlist, and 343i would have been able to add Team Doubles or Team Snipers and in the process maintain the same playlist count.

They do have dedicated Breakout and SWAT playlists however, although they will most likely be much more popular than such standalone objective game-type playlists as Oddball or King of the Hill; they could have been grouped (having similar health/shield systems) into a Team Tactical playlist, and 343i would have been able to add Team Doubles or Team Snipers and in the process maintain the same playlist count.

The only reason Breakout has a standalone playlist is because it is brand new and has never been done before. If it still performs well post-launch, it'll probably stick around. If not, it'll go.

SWAT is there day one because SWAT has always been popular and always will be. I'm glad they aren't having it show up in Weekend Social first.

Im still playing the MCC a year after launch.

I traded in H4 after a couple months.

I'd rather a broken game that can be fun as opposed to a functioning game that just sucks.

Well the games IN the MCC are better than Halo 4, so that makes sense. However, it just didnt have a great launch obviously.