CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i like the ranking system but the resets are kinda annoying... imagine getting top 200 and they reset you after a month! Hope they add something in to show the highest rank achieved or something 

i like the ranking system but the resets are kinda annoying... imagine getting top 200 and they reset you after a month! Hope they add something in to show the highest rank achieved or something 

Anyone who reaches Champion needs to get a special emblem

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neighbor popped into the chat on Walshy's charity stream and I asked him why 343 hasn't been showing more Pro Team gameplay, especially the gameplay Josh has said will be coming out. Mason said "there will be gameplay in the near future, personally thought if we were to show off a lot of the gameplay it would expose the high level metas that we have come to learn over the last few years which to me, its always nice to see the game evolve naturally in the comp scene instead of players learning day one how to do a setup comparable to the green room lockout ball strat which wasn't invented till the later years of h2."

Man, Neighbor with the multiplayer spoilers. For those of you not paying attention, he essentially just confirmed that Halo 5 will rely heavily on Teamshot and locking down the map. Hey, H1 fans who are going to buy H5, you guys pumped to stay in the same room for 5 minutes at a time putting shots on players cross map? :kappa:

Also, lol @ mason calling map setups a "high level meta". "Hey, stay in this room, and if anyone comes in here, fucking shoot at them." Woah, so high level bro

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Top 200 is worldwide by playlist. Ranking-wise, there's nothing related to server location as far as I know. You don't really have to beat the players themselves either, just beat their CSR rating. It's more about winning consistently at that level than it is an elimination process (though it's very well possible to beat someone above your ranking and pass them by doing so). 

Let's say rank 1-199 are all from the same country and rank 200 is from another country, the only way for rank 200 to progress is to beat someone at a rank above their own? That's how they made it sound from the post they released. I cannot see a player being allowed to rank up in the top 200 division by playing people out of that division only.

How big is everyones preload right now? Mines 46. 

45.2  :holmes:

Man, Neighbor with the multiplayer spoilers. For those of you not paying attention, he essentially just confirmed that Halo 5 will rely heavily on Teamshot and locking down the map. Hey, H1 fans who are going to buy H5, you guys pumped to stay in the same room for 5 minutes at a time putting shots on players cross map? :kappa:

Also, lol @ mason calling map setup a "high level meta". "Hey, stay in this room, and if anyone comes in here, fucking shoot at them." Woah, so high level bro

Lol I mean he is right and it's sort of valid. Other games that are in Dev are doing that now that have top players in the studio. They give really small glimpses but that's it

And let's be honest, day 1 is going to have a hundred ways to run the map. better for longevity to let people learn the meta game run its course.

Like there are some guns I can see players specializing in this game and a lot of players are going to not look at those guns much. Then someone is going to pull an LR top mid on Fathom and force them to basically never sprint. I could see Thruster being able to cause some glitches and tech in general.

People are going to have some wonky flag runs, people are going to run Stronghold and plan on getting 2 plots way differently than the other team, people aren't going to know spawns yet. Some people are going to abuse sprint and some won't because of Radar, someone will learn how to use the Caster very quickly, people will do really unorthodox strats that are going to make people get caught by surprise, people are going to rotate around the map differently etc.

Pretty interested for the build up for the game

• Upvote (+1) 4

Let's say rank 1-199 are all from the same country and rank 200 is from another country, the only way for rank 200 to progress is to beat someone at a rank above their own? That's how they made it sound from the post they released. I cannot see a player being allowed to rank up in the top 200 division by playing people out of that division only.

Vetoed is right on the money. It's just a global leaderboard, much like League of Legends' League names. Personally I wish Champions were regional instead.

Glad that idiotic lore circle jerk is over, I can come out of my hole finally.

Then again, @@The Sexorcist isn't online yet, so keep cautious...

so how do you guys feel about 343's approach on blue team?   :kappa:

Their armor is cool.

Also, lol @ mason calling map setup a "high level meta". "Hey, stay in this room, and if anyone comes in here, fucking shoot at them." Woah, so high level bro

MOA said that qoute was completely made up, he said 3 words and this guy turned it into two paragraphs.

MOA said that qoute was completely made up, he said 3 words and this guy turned it into two paragraphs.

Vetoed is right on the money. It's just a global leaderboard, much like League of Legends' League names. Personally I wish Champions were regional instead.

Yes I understand the rank is global, I just don't know how they intend on making it fair for players outside the US.

Had an interview yesterday that I thought went horribly but apparently not because I somehow got the job in the end. More importantly I'm now gonna be able to buy an Xbone + Halo 5! :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes I understand the rank is global, I just don't know how they intend on making it fair for players outside the US.

You're not matched against those in Champions; it's just a global leaderboard, not a global division.

LOOOOL I got to the microsoft 1 hr earlier than the store opened so i went back home. But yeah guys, the $25 microsoft promotion is still going on. I called the store and it's canon. If you guys want halo 5 free, grab a friend or two and have them come with you. I'm going with a friend so i can get $50 off on a pre order xD  (Thank you Cyren for posting about it)

You're not matched against those in Champions; it's just a global leaderboard, not a global division.

Correct. You have what is basically MMR in League of Legends. When you win games, that MMR goes up, lose games, it goes down. If you pass someone who is in Champion's MMR then you will get their rank.

Pretty simple concept.

Lol. Did I miss something but lucky I did?

You're not matched against who in champions?

Hope I don't regret this, just pre-ordered the game. But it wouldn't be a halo launch if I'm not disappointed!

tumblr_mbjok3q28Q1r2vtmeo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1