CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah you'll have to be actively playing if you want to keep your rank there.

Also, since there will be resets will our previous ranks be taken into account when doing the next seasons placement matches or is it all fresh every season?

So if I stop playing and I'm in Onyx will I drop to Diamond or have to do placement matches again?

You can drop from Champion to Onyx and from Onyx to Diamond 6 (I think). Now if you lose a lot you can rank down in the Diamond rank to Diamond 1. But once you are in Diamond you can not drop below that.

To be in Onyx and even more so in Champion you need to grind and win a shit tons of games every single day or you have very slim chances. Every second you dont play, your rank will drop and you will fall out of Onyx/Champ, because other people gain more CSR in that time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can drop from Champion to Onyx and from Onyx to Diamond 6 (I think). Now if you lose a lot you can rank down in the Diamond rank to Diamond 1. But once you are in Diamond you can not drop below that.

To be in Onyx and even more so in Champion you need to grind and win a shit tons of games every single day or you have very slim chances. Every second you dont play, your rank will drop and you will fall out of Onyx/Champ, because other people gain more CSR in that time.

In the beta you couldn't drop from Semi-pro to Onyx (equivalent to full game's Onyx and Diamond) so let's hope they fixed that. I agree that people should be able to lose their Onyx and Champion ranks.

I like this new ranking system but I hate the fact that I will be stressed out to keep playing tons and grinding to keep my rank.

I really hope there is some indication on my profile if I reach Champion or Onyx but then drop out. Like a "highest rank achieved this season" section.

I miss going for 50s in each playlist and being able to move to the next playlist without worrying my rank will go down.

Seriously though, how am I supposed to keep my rank if I want to grind some FFA or Swat? I hate that Ill feel forced to play one playlist exclusively.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ill let you guys have one guess at which team Im for in Halo 5

giphy.gif

Thats easy.

Fire Team Osiris.

So once I hit diamond I will not drop bellow diamond no mater what?

Yes. Every half decent Halo player will be Diamond. Calling it.

so even in the next season, after the ranks were reset, you will not be placed below diamond?

No. Every Season your CSR will be reseted completly and you have to do your 10 placing matches again.

No. Every Season your CSR will be reseted completly and you have to do your 10 placing matches again.

yes thats what I thought, but why do you think that every decent player will end up in diamond?

yes thats what I thought, but why do you think that every decent player will end up in diamond?

It was like that in the Beta. Every half decent player in my friendlist was at least Diamond (onyx back then) or close to it. All you have to do is playing the first ten games smart. (to4)

or just make sure you do your 10 games with a really good premade team. 

My premade teams in the Beta was horrendous.  I'm not a very spectacular player but the people on my team were reeeaaally bad.  I would always have 20+kills and still lose.  Hope luck is on my side this time when the game comes around lol.

Had an interview yesterday that I thought went horribly but apparently not because I somehow got the job in the end. More importantly I'm now gonna be able to buy an Xbone + Halo 5! :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Had an interview yesterday that I thought went horribly but apparently not because I somehow got the job in the end. More importantly I'm now gonna be able to buy an Xbone + Halo 5! :walshy:

Congrats!

• Upvote (+1) 3

My premade teams in the Beta was horrendous.  I'm not a very spectacular player but the people on my team were reeeaaally bad.  I would always have 20+kills and still lose.  Hope luck is on my side this time when the game comes around lol.

Sounds like you can use a new team player lol. I usually hop on with my cousin and two other friends from the old days. We just wreck. 

Absolutely marvelous. 

cwclp.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up

12675_OEM_Inttel_Sale_US_16.jpg

If you need XBL credit.

Is that for windows phones only? 

Edit: Nvm, looks like it's for iphone too. Just wondering because I have a Nexus 5. If this is canon I'll go later today. link?

I wish they kept it like Hearthstone, in the way that once you hit Legend (Champion in our case), you couldnt drop out of Legend for the rest of the Season. The more people that got to legend, the more Legend ranks there are.

Thanks, going to the store in like 30 mins to check it out. Hopefully I can use it and apply it to the reorder of halo 5 lol. If I can then it will be like buying the Digital Deluxe edition for the price of the game. I might just go digital instead of a physical copy.