CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Surely that was a bit of sarcasm.

How would a "rank cap" in the first season discourage cheating? And even if they did do that..what would discourage cheaters in season 2?

There's no way they would do that, all that would do is piss people off and it'd turn into MCC in no time.

Is it a spoiler if I say that the Halo 5 Campaign looks like it might be the best in the series from an exploration and collecting standpoint? Skulls, Intel, Legendary Weapons, Easter Eggs, etc.

Is it a spoiler if I say that the Halo 5 Campaign looks like it might be the best in the series from an exploration and collecting standpoint? Skulls, Intel, Legendary Weapons, Easter Eggs, etc.

STOP SPOILING IT!

:)

ek6xhqG.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Quit = derank 2 levels. Automatic, no matter if accidental or manual.

Winning, especially with less teammates on your squad, accuracy above 85%, kills and assists in the double digits, and against similar level competition should result in automatic rank up. Likelihood of advancing more than 1 level should be significantly higher if you beat a squad in these conditions, except where all opposing players have a higher rank than you. 

In the event of a tie, if you performed great, you are rewarded accordingly. If you did terrible, you should be punished.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Winning, especially with less teammates on your squad, accuracy above 85%, kills and assists in the double digits, and against similar level competition should result in automatic rank up. Likelihood of advancing more than 1 level should be significantly higher if you beat a squad in these conditions, except where all opposing players have a higher rank than you. 

In the event of a tie, if you performed great, you are rewarded accordingly. If you did terrible, you should be punished.

That's a bit much. I'd be fine with a leave penalty of 15-30 mins for consecutive quitting, and for players who stayed in game with someone who quit on their team should just get a loss forgiven with an option to surrender if the game stands no chance of winning. Not sure on how the rank penalties are atm. 

Edit: Read the arena post. Excessive negative behavior gets you a ban. Woop~

So there's like hidden weapons and whatnot if you look around enough?

So, about the ranking system I have a question:

If I play my 10 matches and get bronze 1, and my friends that hasn't placed yet searches with me, what kind of enemies will we match? Will they stay true to my rank (bronze), giving my partner and really good chance of winning his 10 placement matches? Or will they be random like normal placement and forget my personal rank in order to give fair placement? This is kinda important.

• Upvote (+1) 2

dude you can't be serious, de rank 2 levels if you lag out...that's insane.

If I play my 10 matches and get bronze 1, and my friends that hasn't placed yet searches with me, what kind of enemies will we match? Will they stay true to my rank (bronze), giving my partner and really good chance of winning his 10 placement matches? Or will they be random like normal placement and forget my personal rank in order to give fair placement? This is kinda important.

good question

I'm not sure, but if they wanted to make it as fair as possible, they'd pair you and your friends against 1 bronz, and other unplaced players to match it evenly. 

Just beat every mission on Legendary on MCC. Halo 2 wasn't even that hard at all to solo tbh, you just need patience. I don't care what you people say, Halo CE on legendary even with a partner is twice as hard as Halo 2 legendary on solo. In CE you don't have the BR + Plasma Pistol combo to baby you, not to mention those brutal checkpoints.

@@Sal1ent Please make it so those who only beat MCC on legendary gets Helioskrill. Us people grinded for days to earn that armor and I don't like how somebody can just open a REQ pack and get Helioskrill with no effort whatsoever. Please reconsider and make Helioskrill an exclusive armor piece that you actually need to work for. You have to realize that we had to suffer through missions such as The Library and Gravemind. Please reward us for the grind. Thanks and looking forward to soloing Halo 5's campaign on legendary.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

How about elaborating on them NOT working. But seriously,come on the forums the week of release and see if the posts here sounds like the ranks are working. 

People complaining on :beyond:? You can't lose this bet. :ghost: 

Seriously though, somebody will always complain about something, that doesn't mean the ranks won't work.

Okay, that establishes that Bungie and Eric are the "original authors"

Has Eric worked on Halo 4 or Halo 5?

Next time, pick a topic you actually know something about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question about ranks.

Let's say I grind and play well and win and all that shenanigans and I get into the top 200 which is Onyx? and I'm like 174th or whatever and I stop playing for like a week for school/work/personal reasons; will my rank drop and will I drop out of the top 200 or do I have to actively be playing to maintain that rank?

I've heard stuff about not being able to lose ranks and only increase. Not sure how true that is so if someone can clarify that would be amazing.

Question about ranks.

Let's say I grind and play well and win and all that shenanigans and I get into the top 200 which is Onyx? and I'm like 174th or whatever and I stop playing for like a week for school/work/personal reasons; will my rank drop and will I drop out of the top 200 or do I have to actively be playing to maintain that rank?

I've heard stuff about not being able to lose ranks and only increase. Not sure how true that is so if someone can clarify that would be amazing.

Yeah you'll have to be actively playing if you want to keep your rank there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah you'll have to be actively playing if you want to keep your rank there.

So if I stop playing and I'm in Onyx will I drop to Diamond or have to do placement matches again?