CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

After this ranking announcement, I might pass on the campaign and hop straight into arena when the game launches. This is literally the first time in 8 years a Halo game has launched with skill ranks.

It has me excited, too.

But sadly, I have to go straight into the campaign with a pad of paper and a pencil, ready to write down literally everything new and interesting I see.

I want a physical copy to avoid a huge download and because I can get a better price for a retail copy.

"Go digital" is a poor excuse when there's no competition.

the download is the same. Plus like I said above, digital allows you to split the cost of the game with a friend.

the download is the same. Plus like I said above, digital allows you to split the cost of the game with a friend.

Do you mean via game-share?

Can you both play the game at the same time though?

I plan on playing through co-op with my wife.

I want a physical copy to avoid a huge download and because I can get a better price for a retail copy.

"Go digital" is a poor excuse when there's no competition.

Okay, well that's the price you're gonna pay if you're getting a cheaper physical copy. If you buy physical, you're gonna have to install it and then download a patch. That's ultimately your choice and you shouldn't get upset about it.

Why are you worried about a huge download? Data cap?

Do you mean via game-share?

Yeah through game share, it amazes me that Xbox doesnt really tell people this. I had no idea until I watched some random YouTube video.

Okay, well that's the price you're gonna pay if you're getting a cheaper physical copy. If you buy physical, you're gonna have to install it and then download a patch.

I think that's his argument though. It is bs that we are forced to install physical games now so that we're more inclined to go digital.

Can you both play the game at the same time though?

I plan on playing through co-op with my wife.

yes you can, let me try to find a link that explains how to do it. You basically would assign your wife's account as the main account on your "home Xbox" and set your account as the main account on her home Xbox.

Me with all this lore/canon talk

Man, I love the lore/canon talk. I live for the Halo universe.

Man, I love the lore/canon talk. I live for the Halo universe.

I think quite a few of us do, but not when it's a giant circlejerk or repeated/endless argument about what legitimate cannon is or isn't.

Soo is multiplayer not playable at all right now? Someone is saying they played multiplayer tonight. I thought the MP wasn't playable til the 22nd?

I have four people playing Halo 5 on my friendslist right now. I'm as envious as you can possibly be before passing out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have four people playing Halo 5 on my friendslist right now. I'm as envious as you can possibly be before passing out.

It's like watching your crush getting proposed to by somebody else right in front of your eyes eh?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's like watching your crush getting proposed to by somebody else right in front of your eyes eh?

Let's take it a step further.

It's like watching your wife in bed with another man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And then the very next day you get a meeting from a very special...

Sangheili.

But you are slightly tsundere to the event, and realize it's all just a very weird dream, and Halo 5 is yours

Sans all the weirdness beforehand.

Let's take it a step further.

It's like watching your wife in bed with another man.

and he's playing halo 5.

You don't understand how many people's heads would roll if I saw that in this current timeframe.

Which is...

tumblr_ms65ldFnR81rhp124o1_400.gif

I can just imagine a bunch of Mantis' breaking into peoples homes at random and killing adulterers.

Used to game Halo with my brother all the time before he stopped playing during Halo 3. He now constantly says he hates Halo. I just game shared with him and started the Halo 5 install. Goal is to get him hooked like the old days!