CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

no doubt ads cosmetically was intentional, it's obvious it was.

at least star wars bf didnt cave.

About the whole auto-aim and magnetism in Halo 5....

Remember in Halo 4, 343 are the kind of dev to boost magnetism to stupid levels, add auto aim and stickyness to no scope sniper rifles, and then give you a medal for it!

I'm guessing that was the only good thing you said during the interview  :kappa:

I don't think you understand how ready I was to talk about sprint, and they never asked.

:(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We need this emote for describing an "I know so much more about Halo than you"-attitude.

yhCQl9Z.png

Holy shit this is good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you understand how ready I was to talk about sprint, and they never asked.

:(

"Wow that Moa guy was such a nerd who hated Halo, did he say anything we can use?"

"...Yeah I found this little bit, kinda works, but I'll need to cut it out quickly so they can't hear the nasty bits around it"

• Upvote (+1) 1

About the whole auto-aim and magnetism in Halo 5....

Remember in Halo 4, 343 are the kind of dev to boost magnetism to stupid levels, add auto aim and stickyness to no scope sniper rifles, and then give you a medal for it!

I remember loading up an octagon second day the game was out and using a beam rifle thinking "wow I am an absolute god".

Good times. :lxthul:

oh boy

one minute in  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

negged you cause I thought you were making fun of the guy....seems like I was a bit off with that assumption...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sucks we didn't have this emote/image available for the large-ass argument relating to BM/AA a few days ago.

Legends say that they are still arguing over this.

(Sorry if this has already been posted.)

Our reviewer just got his code and instructions, and it appears as if the "day one" multiplayer patch will drop October 22nd. From 9 a.m. PDT / 4 p.m. CEST / 5p.m. BST on the 22nd reviewers will be allowed to stream the multiplayer side of the game (with the exception of most levels of the campaign co-op).

• Upvote (+1) 3

As far as I know, I was the only one there wearing one that got interviewed.

Seems like @@TheSimms has pointed out the top of his shirt literally matches this one from our store:

1.png

So that's two people I saw at EGX now who had Beyond shirts and I don't know their forum names. God dammit.

yhCQl9Z.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

When you get that sick out Pistol whilst one shot.

When she calls you Lore Master.

When you find out that H5 is in 11 days.

yhCQl9Z.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Despite my great webernet speed, it took me THIRTEEN BLOODY HOURS to download Halo 5. How's it only going to take you TWO?

i have the highest tier of my isp could give me i can download games pretty quick B)

It always makes me sad seeing a guy with 200 or so twitter followers tweeting he just got a media copy and you see some big sites not getting them for days after that. 

No idea where they get them from but I guess they're meeting someone's requirements.

Probably a self imposed requirement in there somewhere that at least 40% of the media copies shall go to people who don't know much about Halo and will go write some article for Huffington post or some shit like that.   These ignorant people and not going to be doing pistol accuracy tests on the wall.   They'll be like, oh that was a cool cutscene, this game kick ass.   Let me write a good review.   343 knows that.   And those kind of good reviews by ignorant less experienced players/ journalists are low hanging fruit.

Misconception: DL + Upload doesn't determine how good your gaming connection will be. Typically, it's your connection quality that does. That's why something like DSL is technically better than Cable for gaming.

AU just has shitty internet.

Wat.

All of it matters.

Your bandwidth matters because if you don't have enough bandwidth you can't send/receive the required amount of data resulting in lag where you teleport all around the screen and eventually lag out of the game.

Latency matters because it's the amount of time it takes data to reach the server and back. Shitty latency results in you being shot before you can even see your opponents.

Your connection quality matters because if your losing packets these packets are either lost or needs to be resent.

Typically you don't need a high bandwidth for online gaming unless you're hosting. I imagine 1Mbps download and 512Kbps upload is probably plenty for most games provided you don't have other clients on the network using bandwidth.

DSL isn't better than cable at all, it's 100% dependant on the equipment your ISP's use and all the equipment in between you and your destination. Cable is generally better for gaming since it uses fiber which can send data faster than copper resulting in lower latency and is capable of higher bandwidth.

One of these people that think because they have a great connection other peoples connection is worthless. Most people don't have a choice what internet connection they get. 97 ping is fine. It's not ideal but it is fine.

I was replying to someone that said 97 is good for gaming.

It's playable I guess, but calling 97 "fine" is a stretch. If you play against someone on equal skill at that sort of ping 90% of the game is going to come down to latency rather than accuracy.

Wait, I can still get Helioskrill with the Bandana skull and Scarab gun skull turned on?

I think so, but those skulls are only available in H2 campaign though I believe.

Wait, I can still get Helioskrill with the Bandana skull and Scarab gun skull turned on?

Any skull that has a 0.00x multiplier will not count for completion.