CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@dipsetab

@Vobble Wobble

Invited you both.

Scuf, a company that specializes in high-end controller modifications, has grown its presence on the eSports circuit over the past few years. The company has a series of customizable options for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (as well as Xbox 360).

Why the hell were unofficial modified controllers even allowed to be on the "pro" circuit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so the BR is still trash in another halo game? shocking..

Not really. It's a perfectly consistent line of spread that shoots up a very tiny bit. It will mean you'll have to aim around the neck area at longer ranges. No biggie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't believe we are seeing 3 (or 4?) campaign missions before that "pro gameplay" that we were promised. Or multiplayer gameplay period. I don't want to watch the campaign i'm about to play in two weeks.  :angry:

I can't believe we are seeing 3 (or 4?) campaign missions before that "pro gameplay" that we were promised. Or multiplayer gameplay period. I don't want to watch the campaign i'm about to play in two weeks. :angry:

Then don't watch it??

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then don't watch it??

:ghost: i'm not. I'm just saying it makes no sense for them to show campaign before multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:ghost: i'm not. I'm just saying it makes no sense for them to show campaign before multiplayer.

Because the multiplayer isn't out for those with the review copies yet and they want to showcase something now. We get it, you don't want to see campaign footage. Some people do.

Your pro team footage will come eventually.

Every time a new halo comes out I always say to my self campaign then multilayer but I never do, I just jump straight into matchmaking.

This time around Im just going to force my self because campaign really does look cool.

Every time a new halo comes out I always say to my self campaign then multilayer but I never do, I just jump straight into matchmaking.

This time around Im just going to force my self because campaign really does look cool.

You are not alone man I have gone through the same thing ever time. I told my brother that he had to co-op it with me at midnight so I can be held to it. Otherwise I guarantee I'm gonna play 1 mission and never look back.

Because the multiplayer isn't out for those with the review copies yet and they want to showcase something now. We get it, you don't want to see campaign footage. Some people do.

Your pro team footage will come eventually.

No shit "some people do." I don't remember saying no one did? Ya know, 343 could show us maps/multiplayer gameplay. It doesn't have to be 3rd party people/organizations showing it to us. I feel like we saw alot more of Halo 4 by this time than we have seen with Halo 5. 

I'm the same way. I usually end up hopping into multiplayer until I get sleepy, and then I play campaign til I can't stay awake any more. I'll probably do the same thing this time tbh. Especially if we do get some good game play footage before the game releases cause that'll make me more hyped to play MP. 

Not spoiling anything but my god, some of these cutscenes are corny as hell. 

Watchout, fanboys incoming with the downvotes.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not spoiling anything but my god, some of these cutscenes are corny as hell.

I never watch cutsenes my self, I skip everything! I just wanna play the game. I've played every halo campaign and I couldn't tell you anything besides I killed things.

• Upvote (+1) 6

so the BR is still trash in another halo game? shocking..

I wouldn't say trash, just not as useful at extreme ranges. It still has no spread, and the only deviation is some slight vertical recoil.

Watchout, fanboys incoming with the downvotes.

Wut? Halo fanboys on a halo website..

Terrible, we should all just hate everything!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't and don't plan on watching any of the streams of campaign footage so as to avoid spoilers, but I have a few questions for those that have:

• If at any point someone displayed the campaign menu, were there any options regarding campaign scoring and timing?
  • Were, as they seemed rather poor in all previously shown footage, the enemy AI competent?
  • What was the writing like (i.e. cutscene and in-mission dialogue)?

I just hope these physics carry over into mp. The fact that the reticles don't change in either mode is good sign.

Someone keep me updated on stuff from those H5 streams. I can't bare to watch them, the commentary is so... i dont know, but i cant watch it.

Wut? Halo fanboys on a halo website..

Terrible, we should all just hate everything!

I'm sure everyone will be back complaining once the game releases and its trash, that is how its been the past 4 years, a vicious cycle.