CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

SO we have a name and a new person in halo 5 and Br's

did i miss anything ?

Fill me in

I can't

tumblr_n5bsmragnr1rflk6co1_500.gif

AR confirmed too, and the new Spartan is a NEW, MALE character.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR confirmed too, and the new Spartan is a NEW, MALE character.

Also the release date has been confirmed for fall 2015 which pretty much confirms a H2A :)

Pretty happy the BR is back, just hope it doesn't sound as horrible as the Halo 4 one.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm interested to see gameplay. If I see sprint I'm gone.

Pretty much the same for me if I see Sprint/AA's in it I'm not buying it since it shows that 343 clearly doesn't care and ignored all the feedback we've given them.

But it's kind of a non issue if H2A comes out all just play on Halo there since I know it will be the classic arena style gameplay that I want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seem to recall a post made either on HBO or GAF a while ago (don't remember if it was from someone at 343 or Bungie) that said the majority of Halo players were, in fact, Campaign players. It wasn't Frankie's comment about the competitive community being 1% (which I think is bull), but something else that may have been in response to population. 

The fine details don't matter too much, as all portions of the community are important and need to be paid attention to. 

I thought that was a well known fact, that the majority of the people who buy Halo are casual, Campaign players? Look at the millions of sales for each Halo game on launch and compare that to the peak in MP at the same time. Casuals who play the Campaign for Master Chief's story dominate the Halo market. Some may hop in MP every now and again but most will play it for the storyline and move on to the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought that was a well known fact, that the majority of the people who buy Halo are casual, Campaign players? Look at the millions of sales for each Halo game on launch and compare that to the peak in MP at the same time. Casuals who play the Campaign for Master Chief's story dominate the Halo market. Some may hop in MP every now and again but most will play it for the storyline and move on to the next game.

Yea it made sense to me too, which is why the rumored collection in the other thread will be huge with or without multiplayer (though obviously H2 needs to have MP). 

which pretty much confirms a H2A :)

Don't use the word confirm. 

It heavily hints towards the H2A leaks being true.

I've been trying to quote Moa for like 8 minutes but quoting and editing posts has been lagging really bad for the past week. Anyway

Wrote an article called "Halo 5: Guardians - What We Know So Far". 

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-know-far/

Let me know what you think!

"Palmer was introduced in Halo 4′s Campaign and made infamously popular"

Yep, this was definitely written by Moa. 

Looks very concise. You didn't include the other piece of concept art that was released, but we don't really know anyhing about that other than speculation that it might be Sanghelios because of the two moons, Elite-like statue, and round alien architecture. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been trying to quote Moa for like 8 minutes but quoting and editing posts has been lagging really bad for the past week. Anyway

"Palmer was introduced in Halo 4′s Campaign and made infamously popular"

Yep, this was definitely written by Moa. 

Looks very concise. You didn't include the other piece of concept art that was released, but we don't really know anyhing about that other than speculation that it might be Sanghelios because of the suns, Elite-like statue, and round alien architecture. 

I thought that concept was posted under the 60FPS & Dedicated Server text, guess not. Let me just add that in.

And yes, you all know me too well ;)

How is it "literally" random. Please elaborate

bread-spread-butter-butter-21801565-301-

Random burst fire related spread has always been the worse of two evils relative to any of the random elements associated with the DMR or pistol. Spread is always there- bloom at least isn't always there, and Reach's bullet magnetism minimizes the DMR spread's effect on gameplay to only the longest distances; the h3 and h4 BR's consistent range makes their spread much more detrimental at any given distance by comparison.

Not to mention missing shots when everyone spawns with a single shot rifle is more punishing since burst fire allows 3 chances to inflict damage per trigger pull.

Spawning everyone with a single shot utility weapon over a burst fire weapon would maximize the game's competitive merit.

i honestly dont give a shit if a rifle is single shot or burst fire, but saying that battle rifle = inconsisent is too dumb not too correct.

also with reach zb dmr, the spread is not corrected by bullet magnetism. say you're at 35m, 5m out of rrr, if you put the crosshair on the head , the bullet can spread to the chest. Sure if it spreads up to above the head it might get attracted back to the head. Anyway it doesn't matter. I just want a utility rifle like h2's where the bullet goes where you're aiming regardless where you fire. Or be like h1's where the spread is so so so minimal it's really only affected after 2x the rrr. But I still don't see the point of adding spread

• Upvote (+1) 1

dude stop

conflict of interest will render their input counterproductive

and being better than reach+4 isn't a feat at all

Isn't saying +4 dragging down reach?

Isn't saying +4 dragging down reach?

If he was referring to reach on a competitive level yes but on a default level no, besides he's just trolling so don't worry about it.

No I understood. You're just saying a huge business is going to make decisions based on a tiny percentage of their customers wanting something and that's silly.

Then when that happens, Halo 5 won't be a competitive game....and you guessed it, it will follow the path of Halo 4.

Also the competitive side of Halo isn't as small as you think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping for a split campaign. My idea is we play as three characters: Chief, New Spartan, and Arbiter. This is all just speculation based on concept art and the knowledge that 343i is making a more choice oriented halo game. I'm hoping this does not go to the extent of an open world, but rather choice based routes to finishing a level. Basically, take the idea of ODST's city a couple steps further giving players multiple routes to a finish with different types of encounters between. I still hope Halo is more cinematic focused rather than full open world. My idea for a split campaign goes like this:

Arbiter levels mostly deal with trying to unite his people in a civil war on Sanghelios and stomp out separatists. 

The Master Chief does whatever he is doing hunting down Hasley or forerunner tech, whatever.

I have two options in my head to what the new ONI Spartan could be doing:

1) He is meddling with the civil war on Sanghelios

2) He is meddling on the same planet as Chief, either hunting Chief or searching for something else on the planet (Halsey, Artifact, Forerunner)

So I think either ONI Spartan will come into conflict with the Arbiter or Chief.

Another idea is that all three characters are on the same planet each with their own motives (Sanghelios has forerunner artifacts, Jul 'Mdama could have brought Hasley there making everyone focus in on this planet). This would really make things chaotic and interesting and create three way battles if ONI and UNSC as a whole joins in.

I don't know anything about the recent books so this could be way off.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping for a split campaign. My idea is we play as three characters: Chief, New Spartan, and Arbiter. This is all just speculation based on concept art and the knowledge that 343i is making a more choice oriented halo game. I'm hoping this does not go to the extent of an open world, but rather choice based routes to finishing a level. Basically, take the idea of ODST's city a couple steps further giving players multiple routes to a finish with different types of encounters between. I still hope Halo is more cinematic focused rather than full open world. My idea for a split campaign goes like this:

Arbiter levels mostly deal with trying to unite his people in a civil war on Sanghelios and stomp out separatists.

The Master Chief does whatever he is doing hunting down Hasley or forerunner tech, whatever.

I have two options in my head to what the new ONI Spartan could be doing:

1) He is meddling with the civil war on Sanghelios

2) He is meddling on the same planet as Chief, either hunting Chief or searching for something else on the planet (Halsey, Artifact, Forerunner)

So I think either ONI Spartan will come into conflict with the Arbiter or Chief.

Another idea is that all three characters are on the same planet each with their own motives (Sanghelios has forerunner artifacts, Jul 'Mdama could have brought Hasley there making everyone focus in on this planet). This would really make things chaotic and interesting and create three way battles if ONI and UNSC as a whole joins in.

I don't know anything about the recent books so this could be way off.

What would you think of a promethean/forerunner and maybe a flood playable character?

But yeah I doubt they would ever go full open world like with Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption but I think its likely we'll see the least linear halo game to date, maybe more in line with Bioshock or Deadspace I guess you could say.

• Upvote (+1) 1