CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Making a good game draws in customers which just happens to be competitive.

343 is going to dumb it down further, write a new story in new locations, throw in a bunch of gimmicky gadgets and elements, and doll the graphics up.

/Halo5 summarized 

/everyone will still buy and bitch about it

• Upvote (+1) 3

what makes 3 bullets less consistent than 1?

hr dmr has bloom

zb dmr has spread

h4 dmr has bloom, tho I think no spread

the final h2 br has no spread or bloom

h3 br has spread

h4 br has spread

Technically we got a better chance of a good utility weapon with the br.

Random burst fire related spread has always been the worse of two evils relative to any of the random elements associated with the DMR or pistol. Spread is always there- bloom at least isn't always there, and Reach's bullet magnetism minimizes the DMR spread's effect on gameplay to only the longest distances; the h3 and h4 BR's consistent range makes their spread much more detrimental at any given distance by comparison.

Not to mention missing shots when everyone spawns with a single shot rifle is more punishing since burst fire allows 3 chances to inflict damage per trigger pull.

Spawning everyone with a single shot utility weapon over a burst fire weapon would maximize the game's competitive merit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 is going to dumb it down further, write a new story in new locations, throw in a bunch of gimmicky gadgets and elements, and doll the graphics up.

/Halo5 summarized 

Well I know the next UT will likely be able to satisfy my competitive Arena FPS needs, but with all the "competitive minds" and e-sport savvy people 343 has hired I think like Gandhi said that H5 could be the one(or at least better than Reach+H4).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the crazy part to imagine right now is that they probably have a early playable beta right now.  A public 2nd-3rd quarter beta release will be the best thing that 343 can do with Halo 5.  It will build so much anticipation and desire if it is good.  I think we all have bad memories of buying Halo 4 on launch week, that we still have that bad taste in our mouths. Only way to fix that and not have people start to second-guess a Halo 5 purchase will be a public beta.

If you like inconsistent gameplay then it is.

Halo 2s BR was actually pretty consistent, and despite how bad Halo 4 is, the BR is actually pretty decent.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I know the next UT will likely be able to satisfy my competitive Arena FPS needs, but with all the "competitive minds" and e-sport savvy people 343 has hired I think like Gandhi said that H5 could be the one(or at least better than Reach+H4).

dude stop

conflict of interest will render their input counterproductive

and being better than reach+4 isn't a feat at all

I think the crazy part to imagine right now is that they probably have a early playable beta right now.  A public 2nd-3rd quarter beta release will be the best thing that 343 can do with Halo 5.  It will build so much anticipation and desire if it is good.  I think we all have bad memories of buying Halo 4 on launch week, that we still have that bad taste in our mouths. Only way to fix that and not have people start to second-guess a Halo 5 purchase will be a public beta.

You mean Alpha or Pre-Alpha. Doubt that a Beta build exists.

/Halo5 summarized 

Where the hell did you get this knowledge from?

TARDIS2.png

conflict of interest will render their input counterproductive

And I thought I was a pessimist  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

No I understood. You're just saying a huge business is going to make decisions based on a tiny percentage of their customers wanting something and that's silly.

The competitive community isnt as small as you think. Most true halo fans notice something is off with the series. The small percentage are those who buy it only for the campaign.

Also its not silly to take advice from the fans that have been there since the beginning and know how halo should play.

I'm pretty sure that they wouldnt have hired halo pros if their input wasnt important. What is silly is that 343 didn’t listen to the community when they constantly tried to tell them how to revive the series.

I know this is a terrible way to look at it, but it can't really get worse

Right o.o?

Kinda agree with this.

/Halo5 summarized 

And this may be correct also. I'll just play H2A till 2024 when H2AA comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forge better come back and i hopes its a map maker and not just a editor.

We need better tools to create things from our minds. =] PLZ

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Moa I just mean anything fun that's outside of Multiplayer, Campaign and Custom Games. I have no idea what they could do though. Not a big fan of Spartan Ops.

Forge better come back and i hopes its a map maker and not just a editor.

We need better tools to create things from our minds. =] PLZ

Yeah I'd love to see some new major abilities in Forge like terrain editing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The competitive community isnt as small as you think. Most true halo fans notice something is off with the series. The small percentage are those who buy it only for the campaign.

Also its not silly to take advice from the fans that have been there since the beginning and know how halo should play.

I'm pretty sure that they wouldnt have hired halo pros if their input wasnt important. What is silly is that 343 didn’t listen to the community when they constantly tried to tell them how to revive the series.

I seem to recall a post made either on HBO or GAF a while ago (don't remember if it was from someone at 343 or Bungie) that said the majority of Halo players were, in fact, Campaign players. It wasn't Frankie's comment about the competitive community being 1% (which I think is bull), but something else that may have been in response to population. 

The fine details don't matter too much, as all portions of the community are important and need to be paid attention to. 

I have a gut feeling the story for Guardians is going to be kind of like the story for Winter Soldier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

and despite how bad Halo 4 is, the BR is actually pretty decent.

Its literally random