CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343 and Microsoft are like "LAN?  Who needs fucking LAN.  We got the cloud baybay!"

I think that was more Microsofts call when designing the console. 343 is just working with the platform they are given.  :flames:

I have a question, sorry if it's already been answered.

Do we have the ability to change the damage output of individual weapons in settings?

The high-priority purpose of spectator mode is to broadcast local tournaments. 

If I want to watch a pro play matchmaking or whatever, I can watch their Twitch stream. 

If its a high end LAN tournament, capture cards are more likely to be utilized instead of spectator mode, considering that using spectator mode will make you cycle between people rather than swapping to exactly which one you want. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

If its a high end LAN tournament, capture cards are more likely to be utilized instead of spectator mode, considering that using spectator mode will make you cycle between people rather than swapping to exactly which one you want. 

Yes, and that is an expensive, difficult-to-maintain setup with no built in features that we were hoping to get rid of. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rumor has it that the CE Magnum won't be available in Forge.

If this turns out to be true then I am done with 343. I'm not banking on the CE pistol magically making the game amazing, but not giving players the freedom to play the way they want to is something I refuse to support.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

The rumor is that legendary weapons won't be available to insert into Arena maps in Forge. Seems odd to me with the Prophet's Bane being on Truth in the beta, but there hasn't been an official response about it yet, which has only made the rumor seem more credible to many people here.

Wow. Ok, this is really sad if it's true but since nobody has said anything about it, I am going to wait before I lose my mind lmao. CE pistol would be so much fun to mess around with in custom games imo

I'm not terribly confident of the prospect that this won't be beset by de-sync issues, unless they can stripe some kind of timecode into the data. 

Holmes just said that it is configurable so if we can force a 20s delay or something to give the server a little bit of wiggle room it might be acceptable. We'll see what they decide to do though.

Ah, gotcha. Is that an easy thing to do? 

Yep as long as the delay is consistent and spectator mode doesn't lag. They just have to find the right sync timing which they can do in pre-production before the stream goes live.

The only thing that will be out of sync is the people watching the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, and that is an expensive, difficult-to-maintain setup with no built in features that we were hoping to get rid of. 

For an eSports league that offers millions of dollars in prizes each year, no, that is not expensive. A capture card that is around 100 dollars would work well for any situation, and it is very easy to maintain. I should also mention that capture cards have a delay as well, they are not instant. AND twitch streams have a delay themselves. So no, this would not make a difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holmes just said that it is configurable so if we can force a 20s delay or something to give the server a little bit of wiggle room it might be acceptable. We'll see what they decide to do though.

I can set the buffer on a stream to whatever I want but it doesn't necessarily eliminate hiccups, which could be caused by anything all up and down the chain. 

For an eSports league that offers millions of dollars in prizes each year, no, that is not expensive. A capture card that is around 100 dollars would work well for any situation, and it is very easy to maintain. I should also mention that capture cards have a delay as well, they are not instant. AND twitch streams have a delay themselves. So no, this would not make a difference.

First of all, we don't even know how this money is being distributed, or if 343soft is even covering the actual expenses of the tournies themselves rather than just providing the prize pool. More than likely these tournaments are going to be run by small, independent organizations like they were before. 

Secondly, capture cards operate locally, so any latency/hiccups would be instantly accounted for by the announcers casting the match. 

given how tiny this community is, I'm honestly amazed that either of them are posting this much

Yeah I'm glad I found this place. Nice kind of small community where the dev's post sometime and a pretty competitive environment. With pretty cool staff too. 

I'll say it again, have a dev that posts here quite often is dope as hell. Thank you again @@Sal1ent

Oh by the way, any chance of gameplay on plaza map soon? I don't think we've seen any of it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

post-45645-Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-I-like-it

This is from Cosmos right? Love that show.. But I've never seen this gif and it's the best thing I've seen all day

Yeah I'm glad I found this place. Nice kind of small community where the dev's post sometime and a pretty competitive environment. With pretty cool staff too.

Second that. Best part of this place for me, was, I just sorta jumped in here, and just molded into the place, without awkwardness, or anything. Community's hyper welcoming and adaptive to new people. I just wonder why they couldn't adapt for Halo 4.  :saucey:  :lxthul::kappa:

Seriously, past that, I love this place. Love the people in it. Love what it stands for.

• Upvote (+1) 6

1. No lag.

2. Privacy settings allow you to block people from spectating but you can't limit the number.

3. It's configurable but there is a hard limit (min delay) tied to processing/data transfer. This is ~15 seconds.

For live events you would need to either use spectator for replays or time delay to sync w/ reactions.

nice

Anybody hate how inaccurate the spectator mode is generally? It's always choppy and not 100% accurate as to what the player is doing or seeing. Not even CSGO has a perfect spectator mode, and that's miles ahead of anything Halo will ever have. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope 343 reverses course on legendary weapons in forge. I know it takes away from the appeal of warzone, but there has to be a compromise.

Maybe reward forging with req packs for forge? So you can put a certain legendary/mythic weapon on a map, whether you got the card through forging, or just regular playing.

Having the CE pistol and SPNKR only in Warzone would be a travesty. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope 343 reverses course on legendary weapons in forge. I know it takes away from the appeal of warzone, but there has to be a compromise.

Maybe reward forging with req packs for forge? So you can put a certain legendary/mythic weapon on a map, whether you got the card through forging, or just regular playing.

We don't even know if Legendary Weapons not being in Forge is true or not. Prophet's Bane was on Truth, via weapon pad. It's a Legendary Weapon. Probably placed in there, via Forge.

I really hope 343 reverses course on legendary weapons in forge.

I don't think they confirmed it yet.

The Forge guy who said it changed his response from a definitive "no" to an "I don't know".

Probably a waste of time, but @@Frankie