CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

given how tiny this community is, I'm honestly amazed that either of them are posting this much

It's not the size, it's the quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, no. That just isn't true, and if you think you do, you dont understand video game development.

When have you ever - EVER - heard of a device with an ethernet port that cannot communicate over a local network? 

That makes literally no sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to post a blog before launch.

Time-frame?

Thanks for answering the Spectator questions regarding live events. Are y'all confident in the accuracy of the delay to provide accurate stream audio and visuals?

given how tiny this community is, I'm honestly amazed that either of them are posting this much

I can only think that people who say this do not follow any communities for other games.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, there is weapon lowering. 

Again, I know this. My concern was with it being online, because as much as I love what they do I still have worries about them forgetting this very small community I'm part of. If it's in the game I guess I'll have to default to that judgement for the remaining 18 days but if it isn't I'm just going to be very disappointed.

Again, I know this. My concern was with it being online, because as much as I love what they do I still have worries about them forgetting this very small community I'm part of. If it's in the game I guess I'll have to default to that judgement for the remaining 18 days but if it isn't I'm just going to be very disappointed.

The game is online-only, and they have confirmed tools for Machinima so given that logic I'd assume that they have a weapon lowering feature.

Can you clarify what you mean by "with it being online?"

Yeah they are really reaching out to the community even though how niche we are 

I mean look out how our opinions largely differ from the rest of the fanbase 

I think they are legit wanna work with us to up the status of Competitive Halo 

Kind of annoying seeing this all the time, so I am going to put this here. (From our Advertise page http://teambeyond.net/advertise/ )

This graphic is kind of dated as well, the numbers now are much bigger.

90bb4324cd88ec050f701fb3da848712.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

A 15 second delay is going to be terrible for spectators.

For broadcasting LIVE events, why not use the use the current system? I am not sure how it works, 8 cap cards, yada-yada instead of using spectator mode.

It may seem impractical, but i think the current system works well....

Kind of annoying seeing this all the time, so I am going to put this here. (From our Advertise page http://teambeyond.net/advertise/ )

90bb4324cd88ec050f701fb3da848712.png

Piggy back off of that with updated numbers:

Pageviews: 42,000,000+

Users: 3,500,000+

Avg. Session Duration: 5:00+ Minutes

• Upvote (+1) 3

For broadcasting LIVE events, why not use the use the current system? I am not sure how it works, 8 cap cards, yada-yada instead of using spectator mode.

It may seem impractical, but i think the current system works well....

We could but we've asked for YEARS now for a functioning spectator mode with player outlines. We finally get it, and it has a 15 second delay :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

EDIT for Clarification: I was just saying the "Go Make Lemonade For Once" post wasn't a serious insult, I've read some of the shit said before though, which was far more unacceptable than whatever transpired that moment. 

Piggy back off of that with updated numbers:

Pageviews: 42,000,000+

Users: 3,500,000+

Avg. Session Duration: 5:00+ Minutes

post-45645-Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-I-like-it

• Upvote (+1) 4

You guys are complaining over a delay in spectator mode... what if you are spectating a game your friends are in and youre telling them where the enemies positions are? What if that was happening to you? I bet you would hate that a lot more, so stop whining :)

• Downvote (-1) 10

1. No lag.

2. Privacy settings allow you to block people from spectating but you can't limit the number.

3. It's configurable but there is a hard limit (min delay) tied to processing/data transfer. This is ~15 seconds.

For live events you would need to either use spectator for replays or time delay to sync w/ reactions.

Um, Josh, you do realize you guys are the ones putting on the major live events right?  You're shooting yourselves in the foot for the HCS with these limitations.  And I bet you know that, but you want to claim you have a spectator mode.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3