CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I would think you can join in an actual custom game as a spectator and be in real time but who knows

I hope so. The fact that we're only hearing about this 15-30 second delay is a little worrying. It's great that we can spectate friends but if it has a delay on LAN, it'll be weird.

Inb4 competitive spec is Forge mode with cameramen flying around.

xD you imagine forge balls flying around, getting in your way and shit?

15-30 second delay?! This is no good for LAN events. I can understand if it were brought down to 5-10 seconds.

The 15-30 second delay is literally fantastic for both curbing online cheating, but also spectating online tournaments, scrims, etc.

There should have been two versions of spectator mode, though. One as the online Theater film that is streamed through the cloud, and one that is an active member of a game lobby with no delay and more features, such as a minimap, scoreboard, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm a girl on the internet.

:333333

Wanna check out my Halo album on my MySpace?

Was that... Was that an Arby n Chief reference? Also, LOVE your sig. That's just amazing.

I was the guy that used the grenade icon to make a very.. suggestive emblem.

Ladies...  :grunt:

Stay classy~  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How will this delay work on LAN? With you guys saying the past that there is no proper 'LAN', will HCS tournaments have this 15-30 seconds delay or will you have solution to ensure it is live with the outline option?

New HCS LAN rule: Pros must wait 15-30 seconds before reacting to their sick plays, lest maximal audience immersion be tainted.

But seriously, I'm curious about this. And otherwise thrilled to hear about the spectator functionality for online play. @@Sal1ent, might there be an option to allow non-friends to spectate your matches? Or will you always need to add someone as a friend to do so?

Doesnt have much to do with Halo 5... or does it  :flames:  :prayers:

omggg.....I just want the chair, eff the money.

Too bad I'm awful at 1v1's.

269.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or will you always need to add someone as a friend to do so?

Xbox One is actually pretty unique in this regard. You first 'follow' someone, and they will appear on your list in game and on the app, but you can't join them unless they have added you back.

Therefore you could just add some of the Pro's to your Follow list and spectate them from the menu.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There should have been two versions of spectator mode, though. One as the online Theater film that is streamed through the cloud, and one that is an active member of a game lobby with no delay and more features, such as a minimap, scoreboard, etc.

This. I have no problem with there being a 15 second delay, but there needs o be some kind of workaround for LAN events.

Was that... Was that an Arby n Chief reference? Also, LOVE your sig. That's just amazing.

Hah! Yeah, it was. I'm a huge fan.

And thank ya. :D

which means that warzone is a fucked game type anyway, even if it's fun.

Its arguably the best thing they've ever done as far as dlc is concerned, if you want to make comparisons Warzone is a fiend whilst map packs (post halo 2 especially) were the devil.

Halo reach  - customizable Firefight

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops

Halo 5 - Warzone 

Mirrors call of duty's way of adding content to gain more value out of the disc

Cod Black ops - zombies

Cod Modern Warfare - spec ops

Cod AW - Aliens? (i dont know)

I'd rather have a much longer campaign than any other gimmicky game modes but they are okay

To be fair though Warzone is a lot better than the ones before

Gimmicky games modes? by that same logic buddy you might as well say MP is a gimmick.

Regardless I wouldn't compare FF (which was copied from GOW btw) with Spartans ops and Warzone.

FF/Warzone were really easy to create, Spartan ops probably took ages though (which was a waste I think)

As for just having a longer campaign I don't think that's the problem really, I mean obviously quality is more important than quantity so basically having levels that are more replayable is more important than levels that are less so. Again, I still wish they would've made it into an RPG game, would've been far more interesting than anything halo 5 has in it currently.

So.. lets say theres a Dog I want. And I cant wait to adopt her to call her Debby and buy her toys and food. But I am afraid I would get tired of her after the first month so I talk to the owner about this. He agrees so he mails me parts of the dog piece by piece to make the fun last...

I don't want a dead dog.

How is comparing animals to games reasonable in your eyes? Bad taste, bad logic.

What if the dog breeder took that month to toilet and house train the dog, teach it not to chew furniture and attack strangers and delivered it to you in good health instead of, you know, murdering it for some reason?

Your analogy would make sense if the plan was to spend a month destroying Forge.

What if the dog breeder took that month to toilet and house train the dog, teach it not to chew furniture and attack strangers and delivered it to you in good health instead of, you know, murdering it for some reason?

Your analogy would make sense if the plan was to spend a month destroying Forge.

Solid analogies all around.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Then he would get the dog a month late, but he would get the whole damn dog.

• Upvote (+1) 7

We get live spectator mode for matchmaking??? That's what I'm talking about. That's huge, I spectated friends in LOL a lot, it was a great feature that I know isn't easy to implement.

That kind of punch is what I wanted out of the Forge announcement. That's fucking great.

• Upvote (+1) 3