CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone remember the postgame lobby in Halo 2?

Me to the player in pink armor: "Yo girl lemme get your myspace"

Shockingly this worked all the time. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is sad on so many levels.

Wanna check out my Halo album on my MySpace?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was the guy that used the grenade icon to make a very.. suggestive emblem.

Ladies... :grunt:

photo-249.png?_r=1443595456
That looks way too much like one of the newer pokemon

250px-583Vanillish.png

I was the guy that used the grenade icon to make a very.. suggestive emblem.

Ladies...  :grunt:

the-brain-likes.gif

@@Sal1ent, I have a question I've been dying to know the answer to. I am but a humble machinima maker and I was wondering that with splitscreen gone, is there an online weapon lowering system the same way there was in the MCC?

Online spectating sounds fine, but this could actually make it useless at live events....I hope they thought about this....

You can spectate your friends in matchmaking or customs, in Arena or Warzone. It's a live Theater save film that streams directly from the server, with all of the Theater controls & camera options (1st person, 3rd person, Free cam). You can rewind, fast forward, adjust playback speed, etc. Player outines can be toggled on or off (as they can in Theater now).

There is theoretically no limit to the number of clients that can spectate on any given session, so long as you are friends with one of the players. The is a delay of 15-30 seconds from the live gameplay because the server is writing out the save film as it simulates the session, streaming it out to attached clients which are then replaying the film from there. This delay is configurable to make it longer, but we figure that 15-30 seconds is sufficient to address concerns RE: cheating.

We'll keep augmenting spectator mode over time based on feedback from casters & TOs. Just getting it to work as a streamed save film in the cloud without any impact to server perf was a big engineering effort.

what about campaign theater?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Online spectating sounds fine, but this could actually make it useless at live events....I hope they thought about this....

Inb4 competitive spec is Forge mode with cameramen flying around.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343i (and many other game devs for that matter) are going away from putting all of their eggs into one basket and hoping it'll be a huge success, they want to offer as much content possible post launch to keep their initial audience for as long as possible, even if they have to withhold content that would've otherwise been at launch.

Call me crazy but I would rather have a game that will become great after a few months instead of a game that was doomed for failure from day 1 (I'm looking at you Halo 4)

So.. lets say theres a Dog I want. And I cant wait to adopt her to call her Debby and buy her toys and food. But I am afraid I would get tired of her after the first month so I talk to the owner about this. He agrees so he mails me parts of the dog piece by piece to make the fun last...

I don't want a dead dog.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How will this delay work on LAN? With you guys saying the past that there is no proper 'LAN', will HCS tournaments have this 15-30 seconds delay or will you have solution to ensure it is live with the outline option?

I would think you can join in an actual custom game as a spectator and be in real time but who knows

@@Sal1ent, other than the features you detailed above, can you confirm that there are no additional features or functionality to be revealed regarding Spectator mode?

Also, please answer @@Moa's question.

I would think you can join in an actual custom game as a spectator and be in real time but who knows

You would think that would be the case...
  • Upvote (+1) 1