CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That wouldn't be terrible to be honest.

1 event + online events in November

1 event +  online events in December

S3 starts in January... I wouldnt really be mad at that.

I meant a year from now, not 2016. Agreed that the schedule you mentioned would be pretty ideal.

honestly, even though I enjoyed the beta and expect to also enjoy the game for at least a little bit(beyond that would just be speculative)it was definitely under resourced, I feel like the direction halo is moving in has a lot of potential but because 343 wanted to also have warzone, we won't see that realized in h5. And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on warzone, but did we need this to launch with halo 5? I think warzone should've launched later, or as a separate experience, that way more time could've been put into arena.

the entire point of Warzone/REQ packs is to generate revenue post launch for Halo 5, releasing later on would essentially cost them money.

geez.. Im so worried. So many things being delayed. (I dont care what ANYONE says but forge is being delayed. somewhere at some point 343 accepted its better off being launched later. so they low-key delayed it) and  all these gametypes not being present on launch.

So heres me thinking positive: They obviously did not have enough time and they are sacrificing such primary features which makes me think they are using this time focusing on the game to actually work. You think they really want to delay such gametypes? nah

343i (and many other game devs for that matter) are going away from putting all of their eggs into one basket and hoping it'll be a huge success, they want to offer as much content possible post launch to keep their initial audience for as long as possible, even if they have to withhold content that would've otherwise been at launch.

Call me crazy but I would rather have a game that will become great after a few months instead of a game that was doomed for failure from day 1 (I'm looking at you Halo 4)

I only upload trailers made available through Xbox's media page. Trailers make up a very small percentage of my content.

I know man :). You have the best content out there.

Looks like Jawshe Holmes...

*sunglasses*

...went @S1lent

I hope you guys make up over a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade.

the entire point of Warzone/REQ packs is to generate revenue post launch for Halo 5, releasing later on would essentially cost them money.

343i (and many other game devs for that matter) are going away from putting all of their eggs into one basket and hoping it'll be a huge success, they want to offer as much content possible post launch to keep their initial audience for as long as possible, even if they have to withhold content that would've otherwise been at launch.

Call me crazy but I would rather have a game that will become great after a few months instead of a game that was doomed for failure from day 1 (I'm looking at you Halo 4)

which means that warzone is a fucked game type anyway, even if it's fun.

It's mind-numbingly simple, really.

Why not create an auxiliary game experience through a separate title altogether that could involve all the frivolous nonsense of microtransactions and a game mode that is completely contrary to everything Halo has been before? Why not make H3A, or something similar, the introduction of Warzone, similar to how Firefight was introduced in ODST?

Because it wouldn't sell as well as a game with a number on it. And less people would be there to pour dollars in. It's simply not about what's actually best for the franchise and its players and everyone knows it.

Well it's true.

The key issue is we are not the target audience, the industry is about money, pleasing everybody just enough to get them to buy the game (enjoy certain aspects of it) and not to provide a skillful experience thatis timeless and will be remembered for it's stellar gameplay mechanics.

Bottom line is there will be compromise after compromise and it's probably healthier to enjoy Halo for what it is these days. I just can't take being a hardcore fan anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is no one else a bit nervous that 343 might release Halo 5 with a faulty spectator mode? This is the first Halo game to ever have it so it would be a disaster if for some reason 343 screws this up.

Is no one else a bit nervous that 343 might release Halo 5 with a faulty spectator mode? This is the first Halo game to ever have it so it would be a disaster if for some reason 343 screws this up.

Did we ever get an answer as to whether or not what we were seeing at some of the demonstrations was ACTUALLY H5's spectator mode?

Not really, even if they did I can't see people crucifying them for it. It's a spectator mode.

Plus it worked pretty well in the beta.

Did we ever get an answer as to whether or not what we were seeing at some of the demonstrations was ACTUALLY H5's spectator mode?

I don't believe so. The footage they showed when SQ were playing against I believe Epsilon looked like it was viewed through spectator mode, but for all we know, it could have been nice editing.

It's not about whether Warzone is good or not, it's about the fact that it is quite clearly taking up the bulk of development attention at the expense of other things. They could've introduced it in a graceful way as I mentioned with Firefight, but no, it had to be crammed in there sideways to make sure it was the thing that people focused on first.

This isn't even getting into the argument over whether or not H5 is fit to be played competitively, which we don't know yet but it is my humble opinion that arena gameplay (as well as other features) didn't get the actual attention it deserved. Does anyone think Warzone would've propped up H4 during its lifetime, just by dumping money in?

Halo reach  - customizable Firefight

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops

Halo 5 - Warzone 

Mirrors call of duty's way of adding content to gain more value out of the disc

Cod Black ops - zombies

Cod Modern Warfare - spec ops

Cod AW - Aliens? (i dont know)

I'd rather have a much longer campaign than any other gimmicky game modes but they are okay

To be fair though Warzone is a lot better than the ones before

Halo reach  - customizable Firefight

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops

Halo 5 - Warzone 

Mirrors call of duty's way of adding content to gain more value out of the disc

Cod Black ops - zombies

Cod Modern Warfare - spec ops

Cod AW - Aliens? (i dont know)

I'd rather have a much longer campaign than any other gimmicky game modes but they are okay

To be fair though Warzone is a lot better than the ones before

Ghosts was the one with Aliens. All AW did was add jetpacks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't believe so. The footage they showed when SQ were playing against I believe Epsilon looked like it was viewed through spectator mode, but for all we know, it could have been nice editing.

No, that was spectator mode. Spectator mode is literally theater with outlines.

The route lines were added later though, they are not part of spectator mode.

I'm assuming the spectator mode just covers custom games, and we aren't getting something like League of Legends where you can watch your friends play matchmaking?

I'm fine with a spectator mode that just allows people to run tournaments better, I just haven't hear ANY details on it.

I'm assuming the spectator mode just covers custom games, and we aren't getting something like League of Legends where you can watch your friends play matchmaking?

I'm fine with a spectator mode that just allows people to run tournaments better, I just haven't hear ANY details on it.

You could spectate friends who were playing matchmade games in the beta if I'm not remembering completely incorrectly.

I don't know how other BTB players feel about Warzone, but I have zero interest in it. The REQ packs are eerily reminiscent of ordinance drops in the 4 which makes it seem like it's going to be a random clusterfuck of chaos. No thanks, I'll play the 4v4 playlists until the real BTB drops.

100% agree with you. As a BTB player, I'll probably play warzone a few times and then just exclusively play 4v4 until BTB drops. 

Gotcha. It's still weird that there's only been 1 footage evidence of the outline feature in spectator mode. You would think they would want to show it off as much as possible in their B rolls.

The route lines were added later though, they are not part of spectator mode.

Was anyone questioning that? I just said it was theater mode with outlines. There's no instant replay ability.

I doubt the HCS and the HWC are fully planned out yet down to every exact detail.

Saying that like they're planned out at all. I'd wager their tourney structure will be garbage once again.