CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I thought the post-launch content was supposed to be new stuff, not stuff taken out of the game to be put in later to stop everyone from ditching the game in the first month...

BTB

Forge

Possible gametypes

Who knows what other things aren't in the game at launch that would be expected to be.

Warzone more-or-less fulfills the same role as BTB, which itself is coming within weeks.

We can't confirm if there are any missing game-types yet. We're getting an official answer pretty soon.

So I thought the post-launch content was supposed to be new stuff, not stuff taken out of the game to be put in later to stop everyone from ditching the game in the first month...

BTB

Forge

Possible gametypes

Who knows what other things aren't in the game at launch that would be expected to be.

It's safe to assume that anything that they're refusing to talk about isn't going to be in at launch.

They did a good job with the armor in that trailer. Soothes the itch about Chief's visual appearance.

Yeah didn't Cartoon Network almost become a live series dump at one point?

CN is still in the dumps, just look at what they did to teen titans

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to punch whoever did that to such a great series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They definitely ruined teen titans. Was my favorite show back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reminder if you have a Gamestop nearby and plan on getting a new controller soon, specifically the new ones with the built-in mic jack and the soft bumpers. Until October 25th.

bZaHE8u.png

Just picked mine up as you made this post. haha The controller is pretty fuckin sick. I got the Locke one because they didn't have the MC one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because they wanted microtransactions in the main series, plain and simple.

People, don't neg this guy when he's questioning 343's intensions before the launch of a game.

Warzone more-or-less fulfills the same role as BTB, which itself is coming within weeks.

I don't know how other BTB players feel about Warzone, but I have zero interest in it. The REQ packs are eerily reminiscent of ordinance drops in the 4 which makes it seem like it's going to be a random clusterfuck of chaos. No thanks, I'll play the 4v4 playlists until the real BTB drops.

• Upvote (+1) 8

People, don't neg this guy when he's questioning 343's intensions before the launch of a game.

It's mind-numbingly simple, really.

Why not create an auxiliary game experience through a separate title altogether that could involve all the frivolous nonsense of microtransactions and a game mode that is completely contrary to everything Halo has been before? Why not make H3A, or something similar, the introduction of Warzone, similar to how Firefight was introduced in ODST?

Because it wouldn't sell as well as a game with a number on it. And less people would be there to pour dollars in. It's simply not about what's actually best for the franchise and its players and everyone knows it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point, features not mentioned shouldn't be expected to be at launch.

I can pass the forge thing because its overhaul.

But not having basic gametypes like Oddball and KOTH what the hell are they thinking?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know how other BTB players feel about Warzone, but I have zero interest in it. The REQ packs are eerily reminiscent of ordinance drops in the 4 which makes it seem like it's going to be a random clusterfuck of chaos. No thanks, I'll play the 4v4 playlists until the real BTB drops.

Yeah I want to play normal BTB. Warzone is too much like Halo 4 BTB where everyone have loadouts and all kinds of crap that you can't really prepare yourself for. Not saying I won't play it but Warzone is Warzone. Not BTB.

It's too different from Big Team Battle for anyone to consider them "the same thing" or "better".

It's mind-numbingly simple, really.

Why not create an auxiliary game experience through a separate title altogether that could involve all the frivolous nonsense of microtransactions and a game mode that is completely contrary to everything Halo has been before? Why not make H3A, or something similar, the introduction of Warzone, similar to how Firefight was introduced in ODST?

Because it wouldn't sell as well as a game with a number on it. And less people would be there to pour dollars in. It's simply not about what's actually best for the franchise and its players and everyone knows it.

These aren't your traditional micro transactions to be fair. If anything we should be happy with them, they benefit the HCS. They're just more options.

And I said it once, I'll say it again, war zone should not be judged before you play it. It's good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

These aren't your traditional micro transactions to be fair. If anything we should be happy with them, they benefit the HCS. They're just more options.

And I said it once, I'll say it again, war zone should not be judged before you play it. It's good.

It's not about whether Warzone is good or not, it's about the fact that it is quite clearly taking up the bulk of development attention at the expense of other things. They could've introduced it in a graceful way as I mentioned with Firefight, but no, it had to be crammed in there sideways to make sure it was the thing that people focused on first.

This isn't even getting into the argument over whether or not H5 is fit to be played competitively, which we don't know yet but it is my humble opinion that arena gameplay (as well as other features) didn't get the actual attention it deserved. Does anyone think Warzone would've propped up H4 during its lifetime, just by dumping money in?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm only interested in Warzone because it's the only BTB like option we have at launch. Once BTB comes out I'll probably drop Warzone altogether.

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

ETA on more HWC news? Maybe the HWC are open bracket events through MLG? Total events? Online seeding? Anything at all?

I doubt the HCS and the HWC are fully planned out yet down to every exact detail. 

I mean they have to have some sort of plan by now. Guess it's just a waiting game and I just can't take it. I NEED EVENTS! I NEED THEM! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not about whether Warzone is good or not, it's about the fact that it is quite clearly taking up the bulk of development attention at the expense of other things. They could've introduced it in a graceful way as I mentioned with Firefight, but no, it had to be crammed in there sideways to make sure it was the thing that people focused on first.

This isn't even getting into the argument over whether or not H5 is fit to be played competitively, which we don't know yet but it is my humble opinion that arena gameplay (as well as other features) didn't get the actual attention it deserved. Does anyone think Warzone would've propped up H4 during its lifetime, just by dumping money in?

honestly, even though I enjoyed the beta and expect to also enjoy the game for at least a little bit(beyond that would just be speculative)it was definitely under resourced, I feel like the direction halo is moving in has a lot of potential but because 343 wanted to also have warzone, we won't see that realized in h5. And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on warzone, but did we need this to launch with halo 5? I think warzone should've launched later, or as a separate experience, that way more time could've been put into arena.

geez.. Im so worried. So many things being delayed. (I dont care what ANYONE says but forge is being delayed. somewhere at some point 343 accepted its better off being launched later. so they low-key delayed it) and  all these gametypes not being present on launch.

So heres me thinking positive: They obviously did not have enough time and they are sacrificing such primary features which makes me think they are using this time focusing on the game to actually work. You think they really want to delay such gametypes? nah

Ill take optional req packs, that you can unlock by just playing. Than have mandatory dlc that will cost $20 each map pack.

Edit:stupidity

microtransactions/cosmetics were about the only real option for 343i at this point in terms of generating revenue post launch, map packs are pointless because you can just forge any map you wish, forge dlc is dumb because no forger would bother spending their time and money on something that only a small percentage would own besides regular folks wouldn't bother paying for it so the population would just be dismal, campaign dlc could be somewhat successful but its a coin flip and may end up being a waste.

The way they are doing dlc in 5 is the best way they could've done it really.

Why watch Greenskull when you have the all knowing HaloFollower?

I thought they were one and the same.

Given 343's history I'm about out of faith in them. In my opinion Microsoft should find or build a new studio to be put in charge of Halo. The brand isn't going anywhere but 343 don't deserve to make Halo games.

I believe Frank himself said Microsoft where their "corporate overlords", Microsoft are more responsible for halo than 343i or bungie are.

In your honest opinion how good do you all think Halo 5 will be on a scale of 1-10?

I only want to stick to one game to try to get really good at it and I'm not sure if I want to go for blops 3 or Halo 5. They both look promising. 

if SP is trash, and its a bad launch, I would say about 7-8, if SP is good, launch is flawless, and dlc provided is decent, I say about a 9/10.

Halo 5 is easily the best halo we've had in many years, in terms of quality its stands with the original trilogy.

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

Have the Pro team said anything to you about competitive settings, in particular weapon timers and placement?

teen titans was originally an anime more or less, CN doesn't like anime now for whatever reason (I assume they want to keep an E rating or something) and so they decided to make teen titans into a cartoon.

When I first saw bits of teen titans I thought it would be trash, its actually pretty funny and has great flow I think, really miss original teen titans though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watch HCS Season 3 not start until like next year. #sustainplan

That wouldn't be terrible to be honest.

1 event + online events in November

1 event +  online events in December

S3 starts in January... I wouldnt really be mad at that.

Did Jawshe post that info yet? I'm ready to just neg bomb him at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2