CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They did a good job with the armor in that trailer. Soothes the itch about Chief's visual appearance.

Yeah didn't Cartoon Network almost become a live series dump at one point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

A montage would be pretty shitty in determining how the game plays.

T

Exactly. We need full games so we can see HOW pros play it.

Kids these days don't have Looney Tunes in the mornings. They deserve our pity, not jealously.

Thanks overly protective white mothers who think looney toons are too violent....

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was a serious dark period for children's cartoons around the time Nickelodeon lost their studio, but right now? Better time than ever to be a kid watching cartoons. They're funny AND smart again.

Gotta agree. I don't watch much, but there's definitely some high quality stuff. And back in the day, there was plenty of shit mixed in with the stuff we love to reminisce about.

If I had to pinpoint a dark period in recent times, I'd say when Cartoon Network tried to go all live action.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lLf4oOa.gif

There's a Wylie Cayote, 343 joke in there somewhere

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's cool

62b44a8dedc7ac87cbe481371c6da8d2.png

The Dew never dies... it's only missing in action.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Big fear: Halo 5 is only launching with five gametypes. It has Slayer, CTF, Breakout, Strongholds and Warzone confirmed. From their, only four can possibly be usuable for HCS. 343 is going to try this Splatoon approach and only gradually release gametypes over the course of a few months.

This is a nightmare scenario for HCS. If you thought a lack of maps was bad in H2A, can you imagine how it'll be when the HCS is basically just Slayer and CTF? Strongholds has potential, but they'll probably try to shove it down our throats like they did ricochet on Warlord.

I'm sorry to be negative here guys, but the choices made by 343 management (Bonnie Ross, Josh Holmes, Frankie, etc.) For how they handle map and gamemode releases could kill the game. Do you guys remember what launches a week after Halo? Black Ops 3. That's going to decimate the population. What comes 2 weeks after? Battlefront, another decrease there.

I think 343's approach should be to hook people at the beginning, not try to draw them back because they are releasing some new version of Ricochet on some poor remix of The Rig.

Edit: fixed two spelling errors

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reminder if you have a Gamestop nearby and plan on getting a new controller soon, specifically the new ones with the built-in mic jack and the soft bumpers. Until October 25th.

bZaHE8u.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

you know what was awesome as fuck? Star Wars clone wars from 2003, and I know @ will back me up on that.

I remember this. Very good.

Reminder if you have a Gamestop nearby and plan on getting a new controller soon, specifically the new ones with the built-in mic jack and the soft bumpers. Until October 25th.

bZaHE8u.png

What do you mean by "soft" bumpers? 

bZaHE8u.png

Awesome thanks totally going to do this. I need the mic jack badly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo 5 marketing budget must be massive.

Soccer promo

NASCAR promo

UFC promo

Needs more NBA and NFL though. Plenty of gamers in both leagues :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have that controller, the audio jack sucks with headphones, I just hear a constant beep noise.

What do you mean by "soft" bumpers? 

Not as super clickity-click when you press them. It's kinda hard to explain, but think of it as comparing a mechanical keyboard to a regular one I guess?

Not as super clickity-click when you press them. It's kinda hard to explain, but think of it as comparing a mechanical keyboard to a regular one I guess?

they don't go down as easily or as hard, rumble triggers are actually pretty nice as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You mean I've been grinding away on Halo CE legendary all for nothing?! Here I thought 343 had done something cool...what a joke.

You're not doing it for nothing. Again, it's not like Helioskrill will be common due to its REQ pack presence. It's still a Mythic item. You'd be MUCH better off, just going through Legendary, rather than betting on insane luck to get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool thanks, I assume the elite controller will feature the same?

Cool thanks, I assume the elite controller will feature the same?

I don't want to spread misinformation, but seeing how the newer model is this way and it's intended to be an upgrade, it's safe to assume so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I thought the post-launch content was supposed to be new stuff, not stuff taken out of the game to be put in later to stop everyone from ditching the game in the first month...

BTB

Forge

Possible gametypes

Who knows what other things aren't in the game at launch that would be expected to be.