CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, but after you start catching on, even if it's genuine, it doesn't feel like it. It's just a lets play and not a big deal, but it's kind of the last straw on the camel's back with the changes RT has made since RvB. Their creativity that drew me in shifted to them sitting on a couch talking about/playing games, which doesn't intrigue me. But I guess a lot of the blame goes to Halo changing as well and they're likely not enjoying them as much.

well that's more because they grew so much over the years, as much as I love the of stuff they used to do, they're still very good at what they do imo.

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

That's great news! Thank you for the reply. :)

Okay so Josh has stated that there will be gametypes added post launch. I think it's safe to assume that this includes things like Oddball and KOTH since they've been so silent about them. Now is it just me or is this sustain plan ass backwards? Now I get that there were time constraints but wouldn't it make sense to focus on getting all the classic gametypes in at launch and THEN add the new ones like Strongholds and maybe Breakout later on? NEW gametypes are what will keep people interested. Adding in old gametypes post launch will literally do nothing for a lot of people. "Oh, Oddball? K cool." But adding in something so new and different like Breakout post launch would be hype for a lot of people. I get that Breakout could be a solid selling point for launch but I feel like the core gameplay alone is a good enough selling point. I just don't think adding in well known gametypes post launch will excite many people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A montage would be pretty shitty in determining how the game plays.

I mean yeah that's obvious but we have played the game. I think we know how it'll play better than we did with Halo 4. 

If anything purposefully excluding content in order to release it post-launch shows 343's own lack of confidence of their product. You wanna know how you sustain a population? Release a game that's rich in content at launch that lets players choose how they want to play, not what's approved.

Didn't Josh Holmes already clarify Forge?

Damn, just realized that the Xbox One Elite controller and Halo 5 release on the same day. Can't wait to play bumper jumper with no problems since I'll assign Sprint and Thrust to the paddles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

When are we going to hear details of how the HCS/HWC are going to go down?

Animation looks great, looking forward to this story for sure

Yeah the animation reminds me of Star Wars the Clone Wars.  I'm kind of jealous of kids these days.  I wish Star Wars the Clone Wars and The Fall of Reach were around when I was kid.  Sadly i'm just a Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon kid.  Can't wait for this though.

Prediction: We'll get HCS & TS at launch, along with a changing obj. playlist every week or two.

Week 1: CTF

Week 2: Strongholds

Week 3: Oddball

Week 4: KOTH

Week 5: Extraction

Yeah the animation reminds me of Star Wars the Clone Wars.  I'm kind of jealous of kids these days.  I wish Star Wars the Clone Wars and The Fall of Reach were around when I was kid.  Sadly i'm just a Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon kid.  Can't wait for this though.

Umm.....pokemon kids FTW dude......Yu-gi-oh not so much though....in fact not at all. No thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn, just realized that the Xbox One Elite controller and Halo 5 release on the same day. Can't wait to play bumper jumper with no problems since I'll assign Sprint and Thrust to the paddles.

Button mapping will be coming to the regular controller as well...

Yeah the animation reminds me of Star Wars the Clone Wars. I'm kind of jealous of kids these days. I wish Star Wars the Clone Wars and The Fall of Reach were around when I was kid. Sadly i'm just a Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon kid. Can't wait for this though.

you know what was awesome as fuck? Star Wars clone wars from 2003, and I know @ will back me up on that.

Button mapping will be coming to the regular controller as well...

I know, but not the four paddles.

Halocanon is great except he reuploads trailers :/.

I only upload trailers made available through Xbox's media page. Trailers make up a very small percentage of my content.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Didn't Josh Holmes already clarify Forge?

I don't care what he did or did not clarify the point being is that 343's focus is not on customization, but rather they want you to play the game their way. They are literally funneling content in order to entice players to keep playing despite the fact at launch there is far less content than any previous Halo. Forge is one factor in a plan that is ass-backwards in every since of the word. Halo has always been one the kings of customization, especially for gametypes/gameplay. Infection, machinima, and Griffball are all facets of the Halo community that will most likely not exist at launch, at all. How the hell do you justify that? Do you think someone who spends their entire time playing 'Fat kid' is going to give a shit about Warzone if his favorite game mode isn't there? Most likely not, but rather stick to the game that has his options available. Why at any point ever, is it justifiable for a fan of a franchise to play an older title because the newer one has less options? 

I get that things come and go (ODST Firefight is still GOAT) but the reality of the situation is that 343 is making a game that has less options than the previous TWO installments. You can talk about REQ packs and stuff like that, but cosmetic items is not what sustains game populations. For me personally, I don't care because the majority of the time I wont see it, so its superficial at best. I would easily take less REQs, armor, or whatever if it means but more gametypes at launch but that's not 343's intent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm all for them trying to make the video more funny. There was one time where I straight up just didn't believe he was as stupid as it seemed, and that was the battlefront 2 lets play, come on, how do you know that little about Star Wars?

Gavin: "They should tell you it's a long time ago, far far away!!!"

Everyone Else: "THEY DO!!!"

I died when that occurred. That was just gold.

Kids these days don't have Looney Tunes in the mornings. They deserve our pity, not jealously.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not really, it's still a Mythic unlock, meaning, chances are, you're gonna have an easier time going through the four campaigns, over hoping on luck in the REQ's.

I am once again happy now

Kids these days don't have Looney Tunes in the mornings. They deserve our pity, not jealously.

lLf4oOa.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

you know what was awesome as fuck? Star Wars clone wars from 2003, and I know @ will back me up on that.

YOOOOO

Yeah I agree. I think like 80% of cartoons these days are garbage. I'm just saying that I would go crazy for stuff like The Fall of Reach as a kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was a serious dark period for children's cartoons around the time Nickelodeon lost their studio, but right now? Better time than ever to be a kid watching cartoons. They're funny AND smart again.