CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Kinda flown under the radar, but you can apparently unlock Helioskrill through REQ packs.

So if you haven't dealt with those Halo 2 jackals yet, you don't necessarily have to.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/651986464062832640

This kinda sucks. Skill-based/exclusive (non-MTX or pre-order bonus) unlocks are awesome. There should be unlocks like that which can't be obtained as a random drop. Kind of like a lot of MMOs, CoD, Destiny, etc. have weapons and skins based on an unique and often difficult criteria. I thought Helioskrill was one of them (among others) but I'm left bitter. Unlocks based on skulls, achievements, CSR (imagine a pro-exclusive armor), etc. which are otherwise impossible to obtain through REQs would give an appeal to different modes rather than just grinding whatever Matchmaking or cashing out on REQ packs. 

If not for Helioskrill, I wouldn't have gone back to complete all the MCC campaigns. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. It shows the power behind requirement-based unlocks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

@Sal1ent Hopefully you can answer this will there be H5 Canadian tournaments for HCS? or is it just USA only?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He just makes the effort to travel to the events and record footage, good for him. Not sure if it is cost effective, but either way his channel is growing and thats the goal.

I don't think people necessarily hate the guy, seems like more of an annoyance than anything. I personally haven't watch enough of his content to really pass a judgement, but when I have watched it wasn't really for me.

Ok, this makes sense. it just naturally seems like hate, thats all. Glad to be on the same page now. He isn't for me either lol.

Basically you'd export your footage and commentary separately and upload them to Youtube and then be able to select to enable or disable it like other things on videos (annotations, subtitles etc). Or they could make it so you could do the commentary within Youtube itself.

It's mostly because with separate videos people would probably split their view count between videos which I doubt they'd want to do. It's probably not a hugely requested feature given how popular commentaries seem to be, but I've seen a lot more complaints about commentary lately.

I've seen quite a few channels that do two uploads, one with commentary and one without ... if anything they'll get more total views that way, don't really see a downside

CieFaPK.gif

Maybe after the million dollar tourny

Well. Lets me know so I can start watching.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Sal1ent Hopefully you can answer this will there be H5 Canadian tournaments for HCS? or is it just USA only?

Canadian tournaments! Yes, please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-dumb ai so far

-no split screen

-fps dropping in animations in campaign

-forge in dec

-still no custom servers (and probably never will)

-no campaign matchmaking

-smg is king

but other than those this game looks very tight

for comparison H3: 8.0 HR: 6.0 The4: 5.8-2.0 (depending on my mood)

I agree with this, though I'd add poor utility weapon, short sighted abilities, slow timers, for halo 3 I'd give 6.5-8 depending on the settings/connection(as much as I love h3 it has serious consistency issues on pretty much every front), and the 4 gets a 1 for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why anyone could give a shit about GreenSkull. So he makes YouTube videos and is popular? So what!? Good for him, but why do any of us care?

Given how much people here bitch and moan about various Halo "celebrities", I'm surprised there hasn't be a several page shitstorm over a couple of forgers getting invited to 343i. Like, seriously guys, why do we care so much about other people?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand why anyone could give a shit about GreenSkull. So he makes YouTube videos and is popular? So what!? Good for him, but why do any of us care?

Given how much people here bitch and moan about various Halo "celebrities", I'm surprised there hasn't be a several page shitstorm over a couple of forgers getting invited to 343i. Like, seriously guys, why do we care so much about other people?

I didnt read this post, I just kept staring at your avatar.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I dislike the decision that X guy gets exclusive footage and proceed to talk over it for the entire gameplay.

I don't know of many other YouTube guys who got invited and do the same thing except for Greenskull. If there is, I'd say the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

though I'd add poor utility weapon,

, and the 4 gets a 1 for me.

Im undecided on the Weapon starts issue 

and LOL at the 1 

I didnt read this post, I just kept staring at your avatar.

I'm old Gregg! I'm a big scaley manfish! What you looking at fuzzy peach?

My post was late to the convo... I saw you and Green cleared everything up. Sorry for being a Johnny-come-lately.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just waiting for achievement hunter to put out lets plays in the game.

I'm just waiting for achievement hunter to put out lets plays in the game.

If Gavin is in the video, I'm not watching it. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that he messes up in every game. It's so forced to make the lets play interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

So is that pro gameplay gonna be a montage or a full gameplay? And will it be in spectator mode and have commentary over it?

If Gavin is in the video, I'm not watching it. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that he messes up in every game. It's so forced to make the lets play interesting.

He's admitted he does it on purpose recently. Sometimes it's painfully obvious and it's like "well, that wasn't needed" and other times it is genuinely hilarious. Situational I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is that pro gameplay gonna be a montage or a full gameplay? And will it be in spectator mode and have commentary over it?

Either or would be pretty sick. Hype man montage or just nice gameplay. 

I'm all for them trying to make the video more funny. There was one time where I straight up just didn't believe he was as stupid as it seemed, and that was the battlefront 2 lets play, come on, how do you know that little about Star Wars?

I'm all for them trying to make the video more funny. There was one time where I straight up just didn't believe he was as stupid as it seemed, and that was the battlefront 2 lets play, come on, how do you know that little about Star Wars?

@@Moa do you want to answer that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Either or would be pretty sick. Hype man montage or just nice gameplay. 

A montage would be pretty shitty in determining how the game plays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's admitted he does it on purpose recently. Sometimes it's painfully obvious and it's like "well, that wasn't needed" and other times it is genuinely hilarious. Situational I guess.

imo, it's funny most of the time, sometimes he also is kinda dumb, I'm pretty sure most of the worms games he is actually pretty bad.

Yeah, but after you start catching on, even if it's genuine, it doesn't feel like it. It's just a lets play and not a big deal, but it's kind of the last straw on the camel's back with the changes RT has made since RvB. Their creativity that drew me in shifted to them sitting on a couch talking about/playing games, which doesn't intrigue me. But I guess a lot of the blame goes to Halo changing as well and they're likely not enjoying them as much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anything purposefully excluding content in order to release it post-launch shows 343's own lack of confidence of their product. You wanna know how you sustain a population? Release a game that's rich in content at launch that lets players choose how they want to play, not what's approved.

• Upvote (+1) 7