CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In your honest opinion how good do you all think Halo 5 will be on a scale of 1-10?

I only want to stick to one game to try to get really good at it and I'm not sure if I want to go for blops 3 or Halo 5. They both look promising.

Blops 3 looks terrible.

I don't know how the private events work (I'll assume he pays for his plane ticket hotel, etc), but the guy has monetized his YouTube channel. He gets views and subsequently revenue for his exclusive H5 content. He may not be getting directly paid, but is certainly benefiting from his relationship with 343, which gives him a huge incentive to not be critical of 343.

Some developers pay you up front, or book everything for you. Microsoft however reimburses you after the fact, you provide your travel receipts, and after X amount of time they give you money. 

And yeah, RUL does not really have anything to gain by criticizing Halo. 

It is really easy to spot the "fakers" in the community, just look at any "influencer" in the community that was not outraged at MCC, or tried to defend the launch. Kind of embarrassing, but oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For live commentaries that aren't very good or just un-interesting, I just mute the sound and watch the gameplay. Not really a fantastic solution, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You can always go listen to some MLGDANKYDONUTS on SoundCloud for some real bangers over your gamplay watching experience. 

That guy is  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 3

In your honest opinion how good do you all think Halo 5 will be on a scale of 1-10?

I only want to stick to one game to try to get really good at it and I'm not sure if I want to go for blops 3 or Halo 5. They both look promising. 

despite all the complaining that I and others have done, I think H5 will be an 8 (and maybe a 9 with the right settings); Blops 3 looks mediocre imo, but then I am posting in a Halo thread on a mostly-Halo-centric website ...

You can always go listen to some MLGDANKYDONUTS on SoundCloud for some real bangers over your gamplay watching experience. 

That guy is  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

I hate when you staff members come in here talkin' smack about MLGDANKYDONUTS. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wut 

though Like you said it is entirely up to the uploader to upload a No Commentary version

Basically you'd export your footage and commentary separately and upload them to Youtube and then be able to select to enable or disable it like other things on videos (annotations, subtitles etc). Or they could make it so you could do the commentary within Youtube itself.

It's mostly because with separate videos people would probably split their view count between videos which I doubt they'd want to do. It's probably not a hugely requested feature given how popular commentaries seem to be, but I've seen a lot more complaints about commentary lately.

I'm glad someone else posted this. I was thinking about it. Not just admins though. Jealousy is disgusting. That is how it comes off. His name finds its way into the mouth of people around here quite a lot. If people really dislike his videos then you should probably not watch them. If you feel like he gets the only videos worth watching then your problem is with 343. Not the streamer/youtuber/whatever. Hes doing exactly what anyone would do in his situation that shared his opinion. All of the hate is just a bad look. I don't care who you are.

Its not jealousy.

Greenskull has been one of the most annoying halo community members dating back to his posts on bnet years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad someone else posted this. I was thinking about it. Not just admins though. Jealousy is disgusting. That is how it comes off. His name finds its way into the mouth of people around here quite a lot. If people really dislike his videos then you should probably not watch them. If you feel like he gets the only videos worth watching then your problem is with 343. Not the streamer/youtuber/whatever. Hes doing exactly what anyone would do in his situation that shared his opinion. All of the hate is just a bad look. I don't care who you are.

This will be the last thing I say about this because there is no sense in continuing to beat Greenskull down.

I don't dislike that he gets exclusive content, I'm not jealous either. What I dislike is that somehow, the guy that has nothing critical to say about 343, nothing critical to say about Halo's direction, has somehow become influential within the community. I don't want him to be the face of the community, I don't want him to speak for the casual or hardcore gamer, I don't want him to provide his opinion on game mechanics directly to 343 - which is clearly happening.

Besides the fact that he's incredibly arrogant, that's why I don't like the guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

His name finds its way into the mouth of people around here quite a lot.

Because he's a symbol of appeasement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

-dumb ai so far

-no split screen

-fps dropping in animations in campaign 

-forge in dec

-still no custom servers (and probably never will)

-no campaign matchmaking

-smg is king

but other than those this game looks very tight

for comparison H3: 8.0 HR: 6.0 The4: 5.8-2.0 (depending on my mood) 

-no campaign matchmaking

Honestly this should IMO be a plus point, playing Insane on Gears of War while being matched with a random noob is not a a pretty site especially at the points you have to take separate paths.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey man, Admins are people with opinions too! Crazy right?

I can confidently say that nobody here (especially myself) has ever been "jealous" of anyone from the Halo YouTube community. In fact I could really care less, and my post was made entirely out of boredom. I also didnt say anything you quoted, minus he is bragging, so not sure what you are reading.

If anything, we at Beyond are given the same (if not more) access and opportunities to interact with 343 than most communities. 

It is just funny sometimes how people choose to talk about themselves, just making an observation.

I wasn't just quoting you. And I know you have opinions too. I only called you guys out because I look up to you guys but there are certain statements yell the word 'HATE'.

I know you also get access too but not the gameplays hes putting. And if you did, you'd be posting gameplays with no commentary so Moa can finally relax. Say you're not jealous but if you were given the opportunity in front of you, youd take it any day.

Also, no beef. It just bothered me to see so many people here hate on him (or seem to), you know? Im not even a fan of him either. He likes warzone over arena. thats all it takes to lose my interest. But thats him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it's not.

That's how I see it, I also don't like how redundant it is 

Honestly this should IMO be a plus point, playing Insane on Gears of War while being matched with a random noob is not a a pretty site especially at the points you have to take separate paths.

If you dont wanna play with randoms then dont 

-no campaign matchmaking

Wait, do people really want this? Who wants to play the campaign with randoms?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't just quoting you. And I know you have opinions too. I only called you guys out because I look up to you guys but there are certain statements yell the word 'HATE'.

I know you also get access too but not the gameplays hes putting. And if you did, you'd be posting gameplays with no commentary so Moa can finally relax. Say you're not jealous but if you were given the opportunity in front of you, youd take it any day.

Also, no beef. It just bothered me to see so many people here hate on him (or seem to), you know? Im not even a fan of him either. He likes warzone over arena. thats all it takes to lose my interest. But thats him.

He just makes the effort to travel to the events and record footage, good for him. Not sure if it is cost effective, but either way his channel is growing and thats the goal.

I don't think people necessarily hate the guy, seems like more of an annoyance than anything. I personally haven't watch enough of his content to really pass a judgement, but when I have watched it wasn't really for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This will be the last thing I say about this because there is no sense in continuing to beat Greenskull down.

I don't dislike that he gets exclusive content, I'm not jealous either. What I dislike is that somehow, the guy that has nothing critical to say about 343, nothing critical to say about Halo's direction, has somehow become influential within the community. I don't want him to be the face of the community, I don't want him to speak for the casual or hardcore gamer, I don't want him to provide his opinion on game mechanics directly to 343 - which is clearly happening.

Besides the fact that he's incredibly arrogant, that's why I don't like the guy.

This seems fair, and I know you dont want to talk about it further, arrogant? I dont get that vibe from him, but is there anything specific that proves this?

That's how I see it, I also don't like how redundant it is 

Gamescom it was broken due to a bug.

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

So no sprint settings are a possibility then?

Yes, definitely. We've worked with Pro Team to determine the best competitive settings for this game and those are the ones we are going to start with. But if, through the HWC, we see issues and exploits and/or the pro players have feedback, we are open to change. We are in this for the long haul.

Since the playlist announcement is next week, can we expect a breakdown of each list's game types, like we saw for MCC?

Very interested to know what the day one HCS game types will be! Thanks for the responses, we appreciate it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, do people really want this? Who wants to play the campaign with randoms?

I don't why people want it either. It was pretty bad in Halo Reach.

Even if you had a good host, the sessions were too long, so people would randomly leave and you'd be down a man.