CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is that one thing I dislike about you admins. Although I am a fan of you and your youtube vids (rip) I disagree completely and makes you guys look bad, or at least in my eyes. It is very unfair to say he is just 'bragging'. I saw it as a humble way of letting us know what his side is like.

I get it, were all jealous he gets access to it all. But you guys somehow turn it into hate. "Oh, his commentary is shit"  "Oh, his intro is terrible"  "Oh, he's bragging now".

Unless you show me anything he has done to harm anyone in any way, give the man a break.

He gets early access because he's a bootlicker.

Has he done "harm"? Depends on your perspective. He has a completely permissive attitude toward everything that happens to Halo (has he ever criticized ANYTHING beyond a gentle suggestion), and he's been rewarded for it. That sets a pretty shitty precedent. Nevermind that RUL's Halo content is 99% Halo current events and 1% anything of actual substance (machinima, montages, in-depth strategy/theory videos, etc.).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is that one thing I dislike about you admins. Although I am a fan of you and your youtube vids (rip) I disagree completely and makes you guys look bad, or at least in my eyes. It is very unfair to say he is just 'bragging'. I saw it as a humble way of letting us know what his side is like.

I get it, were all jealous he gets access to it all. But you guys somehow turn it into hate. "Oh, his commentary is shit" "Oh, his intro is terrible" "Oh, he's bragging now".

Unless you show me anything he has done to harm anyone in any way, give the man a break.

Everything he says is the pure concentration of the typical waypoint idiocy that forces me to have a bottle of advil(or a bottle of something else) at the ready every time I log on to that site.

Nowhere did he imply that "skill-based gameplay is a niche that only we enjoy".

All he's saying is that Team Beyond is not the only Halo community, and that they won't create a game that only caters to us.

Your claim is completely baseless, and you're doing the exact same thing Cursed Lemon got called out for.

Just because the majority of TB want's skill-based gameplay doesn't mean that making a Halo game have more skill-based gameplay is catering the game to us. That's where my "claim" stems from. More skill-based gameplay will benefit the vast majority of Halo players because it will provide much greater depth and granularity to the experience. No one expects the game to cater only us, we simply want a good Halo game (and that requires a skill-gap). Frankie acts like anytime something that furthers the skill-gap is put in the game, it's like some concession to Team Beyond that is ruining the rest of the game.

Cursed Lemon got "called out" for digging up an old quote mostly in jest, but it was a valid quote. Frankie's random butthurt posts don't concern me much.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wow so now my grind in campaign means jack shot, awesome

Not really, it's still a Mythic unlock, meaning, chances are, you're gonna have an easier time going through the four campaigns, over hoping on luck in the REQ's.

The first thing he mentions is how his YouTube channel has seen tremendous growth over the last couple of weeks, which is presumably due to the private events he's been invited to so he can record Halo 5 content for his channel. Then he has the balls to spend the next few minutes saying that he's not paid by 343 or Microsoft as he is commentating on exclusive content that is generating views and revenue for his channel.

The guy is an absolute cancer to the community and it's unfortunate he has been able to get a majority of the pre-release content for Halo 5.

I'll agree with the first part - the only reason he has seen any growth is because he is getting pre-release footage. You can compare his Halo 5 videos with exclusive footage to his regular videos and the difference is substantial.

As for him getting paid - nah, not a chance. Anyone who thinks that is silly. Dude loves Halo but I don't think I've ever seen him say any negatives about it.  

@@Sal1ent thanks for keeping us updated! Just curious, are you guys willing to be open to suggestions of HCS settings changes if needed? Like for an example, if the pros found how to abuse ground punch to the point it's really bad, would you guys consider turning it off? That's what I'm trying to ask. :)

if the pros found how to abuse ground punch to the point it's really bad, would you guys consider turning it off? \

If something game breaking was discovered, I'm sure they'd patch it out.

Then again, that is Pro Team at 343's job to discover ;)

In your honest opinion how good do you all think Halo 5 will be on a scale of 1-10?

I only want to stick to one game to try to get really good at it and I'm not sure if I want to go for blops 3 or Halo 5. They both look promising. 

In your honest opinion how good do you all think Halo 5 will be on a scale of 1-10?

I only want to stick to one game to try to get really good at it and I'm not sure if I want to go for blops 3 or Halo 5. They both look promising. 

w/ classic Gametypes at launch and good playlists: 9.5

w/o classic Gametypes and bad playlists: 7-8

Funny how both Arena and Warzone if separated could still be very successful in their own ways 

• Upvote (+1) 2

8 out of 10. Halo is the better choice, because cod competitive is focused on ps4 now.

I get it, were all jealous he gets access to it all. But you guys somehow turn it into hate. "Oh, his commentary is shit"  "Oh, his intro is terrible"  "Oh, he's bragging now".

Hey man, Admins are people with opinions too! Crazy right?

I can confidently say that nobody here (especially myself) has ever been "jealous" of anyone from the Halo YouTube community. In fact I could really care less, and my post was made entirely out of boredom. I also didnt say anything you quoted, minus he is bragging, so not sure what you are reading.

If anything, we at Beyond are given the same (if not more) access and opportunities to interact with 343 than most communities. 

It is just funny sometimes how people choose to talk about themselves, just making an observation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll agree with the first part - the only reason he has seen any growth is because he is getting pre-release footage. You can compare his Halo 5 videos with exclusive footage to his regular videos and the difference is substantial.

As for him getting paid - nah, not a chance. Anyone who thinks that is silly. Dude loves Halo but I don't think I've ever seen him say any negatives about it.  

Agreed and I would like to add that he's likely trying to build his resume to work at 343. Though all he does is take 343's side on everything and no company is in need for a yes man unless they have motivation problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad someone else posted this. I was thinking about it. Not just admins though. Jealousy is disgusting. That is how it comes off. His name finds its way into the mouth of people around here quite a lot. If people really dislike his videos then you should probably not watch them. If you feel like he gets the only videos worth watching then your problem is with 343. Not the streamer/youtuber/whatever. Hes doing exactly what anyone would do in his situation that shared his opinion. All of the hate is just a bad look. I don't care who you are.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know how the private events work (I'll assume he pays for his plane ticket hotel, etc), but the guy has monetized his YouTube channel. He gets views and subsequently revenue for his exclusive H5 content. He may not be getting directly paid, but is certainly benefiting from his relationship with 343, which gives him a huge incentive to not be critical of 343.

I'm actually surprised YouTube doesn't have a function for Creators to separate video and commentary (similar to how DVD Commentary works)

Sometimes I'll see a full play through of a game with commentary and I'd rather just have the video. I suppose they could just upload both but that messes with view counts.

Probably wouldn't be utilised a lot, but I would have certainly used it on a lot of gaming videos recently.

If something game breaking was discovered, I'm sure they'd patch it out.

Then again, that is Pro Team at 343's job to discover ;)

Yeah for sure! It's just when over 30 pros play the game, they're more likely to find something 4-6 pros did not find the whole time they were testing. :)

I'm actually surprised YouTube doesn't have a function for Creators to separate video and commentary (similar to how DVD Commentary works)

Sometimes I'll see a full play through of a game with commentary and I'd rather just have the video. I suppose they could just upload both but that messes with view counts.

Probably wouldn't be utilised a lot, but I would have certainly used it on a lot of gaming videos recently.

For live commentaries that aren't very good or just un-interesting, I just mute the sound and watch the gameplay. Not really a fantastic solution, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

w/ classic Gametypes at launch and good playlists: 9.5

w/o classic Gametypes and bad playlists: 7-8

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too woried about all the playlist, only just the competitive one.

8 out of 10. Halo is the better choice, because cod competitive is focused on ps4 now.

Thanks for the answer. I'm not worried about switching over to PS4 for bo3, that's what I was planning to do if I decided to go towards bo3 instead of Halo. 

Wut 

though Like you said it is entirely up to the uploader to upload a No Commentary version

I don't know how the private events work (I'll assume he pays for his plane ticket hotel, etc), but the guy has monetized his YouTube channel. He gets views and subsequently revenue for his exclusive H5 content. He may not be getting directly paid, but is certainly benefiting from his relationship with 343, which gives him a huge incentive to not be critical of 343.

Totally, yeah. I just find it absurd anyone thinks he is getting paid directly. I wouldn't doubt that X developer has paid X YouTuber is the past to say good things (I think this happened with Machinima with the Xbox One a while back) but Greenskull/RUL isn't being paid to say anything.

Right now I'm stuck on 7 and most of that is because of the campaign. The lack of information on maps, modes and options for Arena is worrying. If the game comes out and it turns out we have a lot of gametypes and options, then I'll go up to an 8. 

For live commentaries that aren't very good or just un-interesting, I just mute the sound and watch the gameplay. Not really a fantastic solution, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yeah I've been doing that a lot lately too, definitely not a great solution but better than listening to someone talk over the top of important moments. Just sucks to have to read dialogue off subtitles rather than hearing it.

The best Halo Youtubers: Naked Eli, Unyshek, H0lmb0m, xClicked, Kampy Snipetality, Hastings, Walshy..

I'm sorry if this comes off as biased but if you only get views from early expo videos, reuploading Halo trailers videos, or read 343i blog posts in video form, then your content is crap imo. I respect those more that actually put real effort into trying to branch our with their content.

I hope the Halo Youtube scene can pick up this Fall, it's been a dumpster fire with the bigger channels for sometime now. Just staggering unoriginal shit of no value.

Halocanon is great except he reuploads trailers :/.

Exactly. He's promoting their game for free by agreeing with every decision they make. Greenskull is 343's dream, though I don't think he understands what exactly is going on since he seems to be pushing for a job there.

• Upvote (+1) 2