CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm pretty surprised at the tame reaction to a developer coming in here and telling us that Forge being delayed is a deliberate attempt at post launch content. For all the outrage over rumors, half truths, and the trivial...

Sounds like they're trying to keep people around longer than they did with Halo 4.........by slowly giving us content we had at launch in the past. 

fzrtozl.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

So we've heard about the focus on Warzone and we see all the delays and corner cutting for core features we expected.

What I don't understand is why isn't Warzone a separate game?

Launch Halo 5 this year with a full slate of gametypes, forge, improved theater, spectator mode, BTB and all the rest.

The next year launch "Halo Warzone" with more than 6 maps. Add in a short "campaign" that would just be a PvE mode with cinematics (ala Spartan Ops). Keep the REQ system but tie it in to Halo 5 arena modes retroactively. Give full access to Halo 5 MM just like ODST did.

Seems like a missed opportunity for 343. Pretty sure both sides of the community would buy the main title and almost everyone would pick up Warzone. Especially if you gave a discount for it if you have played Halo 5 before a certain date.

Just my $0.02

• Upvote (+1) 3

So we've heard about the focus on Warzone and we see all the delays and corner cutting for core features we expected.

What I don't understand is why isn't Warzone a separate game?

Launch Halo 5 this year with a full slate of gametypes, forge, improved theater, spectator mode, BTB and ask the rest.

The next year launch "Halo Warzone" with more than 6 maps. Add in a short "campaign" that works just be a PvE mode with cinematics (ala Spartan Ops). Keep the REQ system but tie it in to Halo 5 arena modes retroactively. Give full access to Halo 5 MM just like ODST did.

Seems like a missed opportunity for 343. Pretty sure both sides of the community would buy the main title and almost everyone would pick up Warzone. Especially if you gave a discount for it if you have played Halo 5 before a certain date.

Just my $0.02

They could've but call me tight, I prefer they option they're currently giving us, whereby I only have to pay for the game once and get the rest of the bit and bobs are added FOC at a later date.

Because they wanted microtransactions in the main series, plain and simple.

Exactly. Gotta make that money via REQ packs. Of course 343 will just say they're excited for people to try out the new game mode.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They could've but call me tight, I prefer they option they're currently giving us, whereby I only have to pay for the game once and get the rest of the bit and bobs are added FOC at a later date.

I don't. That works have been a great way to separate the competitive from the casual. Finally get all that Kevin Franklin shit outta the main series.

You could buy which game suited you best - unless you want the story, then you buy both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, you get 18+ DLC maps for free, right?

It's a matter of principle bro. DLC may be a shitty corporate cash grab but microtransactions are even worse.

Slippery slope too, how long till it's pay-to-win? They're already trying that with Halo Online.

I don't. That works have been a great way to separate the competitive from the casual. Finally get all that Kevin Franklin shit outta the main series.

You could buy which game suited you best - unless you want the story, then you buy both.

I suppose but I prefer to have the whole experience on offer, If I can get it all for free by being a little bit patient rather than having to buy two separate games I am all for it. Playing arena is my favourite part but some days when I am just not in a try hard mood and just want to have fun stomping casuals etc it's nice to have those things available without needing to spend the extra doe.

Anyone have some good articles on map design so I can get better at Forge? (srs)

Say it with me:

POST LAUNCH FALCON.

POST LAUNCH FALCON.

POST LAUNCH FALCON.

Pls Holmes. :( 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The biggest reason I cannot wait for launch

I'll never have to watch a greenskull video again

• Upvote (+1) 3

The biggest reason I cannot wait for launch. I'll never have to watch a Greenskull video again

You know, there're more Halo Youtubers than just Greenskull?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, you get 18+ DLC maps for free, right?

Which is great, but what if a lot of people move on to other games after the lack of content at launch? Some people will move on and never look back. 

Halo 5 is incredibly frustrating. 343 seem to be doing a lot right, but at the same time I just do not understand wtf they are doing. 

Why watch Greenskull when you have the all knowing HaloFollower?

Ill take optional req packs, that you can unlock by just playing. Then have mandatory dlc that will cost $20 each map pack.

true x100

Except he manages to get all the exclusives that have worthwhile gameplay. I don't mind the guy but I don't want to hear your commentary over everything.

Why watch Greenskull when you have the all knowing HaloFollower?

Because I'm not a masochist? :kappa:

Except he manages to get all the exclusives that have worthwhile gameplay. I don't mind the guy but I don't want to hear your commentary over everything.

Does he now? Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which is great, but what if a lot of people move on to other games after the lack of content at launch? Some people will move on and never look back. 

Halo 5 is incredibly frustrating. 343 seem to be doing a lot right, but at the same time I just do not understand wtf they are doing. 

Yeah. But it seems like they have a plan. Let's wait and hope that everything works out

Breakout gameplay on Trident. (With commentary, of course)

For whatever reason I decided to watch this video.

I got 7 minutes in before I closed out, he is just humble bragging about random internet achievements.

Actually not even humble bragging, just regular bragging.

To make it even worse, the things he is bragging about aren't very interesting either.  #1 rule, never take yourself too seriously.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2