CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The same source that told me about Forge has also bestowed some fresh info upon me.

Regarding gametypes and file browser.

Would you guys like to know? :)

Whether or not file browser will be in at the launch of forge, at least, and if KOTH, Oddball, and Assault are in Halo 5, not as playlists, but in the game in general. I don't need specifics, just a simple yes/no will do. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will there be trades in this game, particularly in the gun fights? This is something that has annoying the shit out of me since Reach (and since H3 with the melee trades).

The same source that told me about Forge has also bestowed some fresh info upon me.

Of course

Yes please, don't be evil and make us suffer any longer than we need to.

So content is being withheld from the game in order to keep people playing more than a month this time around. Sounds about right. How about I pay for the game in installments until I get the content was taken from it and/or promised down the road? I hate this precedence in the industry. I just want to get the game and play whatever I want, not be strung along for months and months.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Breakout gameplay on Trident. (With commentary, of course)

This is my first time seeing that map and it looks way better than the other breakout maps. They definitely should be more vertical in general and that one does a pretty good job. But the one flag objective just isn't doing it. I wish there was a gametype like Blitz from cod, or maybe extraction that we could try out instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ugh Breakout is so lame. There, I said it.

I want to see some Oddball gameplay asap.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Would I be safe in assuming @@Cursed Lemon plays guitar? You seem like the kind of person who plays guitar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do we have any ideas about what 343i could name the Mythic CE Magnum? Perhaps they could reference the history of the weapon with a name like 'Eleventh Hour Savior/Buff.' Or they could take inspiration from the ammo-forgetting source of the weapon:

Keyes_With_Pipe.png

and call it 'Keyes to Victory,' or get treacherous (I'm looking at you Magritte) and consider Keyes' other equipment, dubbing it 'Ceci n'est pas une Pipe.'

Should they wish, 343i could throw copyright law out the window and pay homage to one (really, really, ridiculously good looking) man and five syllables, with a name like, 'One Look; Three Shots,' or 'Blue Steel' (Magnum pictured below).

zoolander-5.jpg

Ugh Breakout is so lame. There, I said it.

I want to see some Oddball gameplay asap.

I would be ok if oddball holder could ground pound. No thrust or Sprint, but ground pound.

I would be ok if oddball holder could ground pound. No thrust or Sprint, but ground pound.

Get an assassination animation where you drop your skull, rip out theirs and beat them to death with it and I'll pay millions

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look at that smirk and secrecy.. Must be something good. When the bad news of forge was found out, he instantly just spit it out

This is my first time seeing that map and it looks way better than the other breakout maps. They definitely should be more vertical in general and that one does a pretty good job. But the one flag objective just isn't doing it. I wish there was a gametype like Blitz from cod, or maybe extraction that we could try out instead.

I agree, the map in the video looks great for breakout, i didn't like the map(s) they used in the beta, it was too open and didn't really allow for any rush routes or much cover. Hope they are all pretty much this design.

Upvote if you think TranzTeKk has fantasies over IcePrincess.

Don't we all? I thought romantic late night stat padding was something we were all shooting for. Hell, even @@Moa has "Warzone and Chill" as his member title.

• Upvote (+1) 3

*waiting impatiently*

Legendary magnum won't have ammo in it, you'll have to find ammo as you go.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Legendary magnum won't have ammo in it, you'll have to find ammo as you go.

Sounds like Legendary weapons won't be usable in Forge/custom games. 

343 apparently only want fans to play Halo the way they want them to. 

We should replace  :salt:  with i4.gif

Thing is. Battelfield 3 burnt me, MCC burnt me. I shouldn't be giving into this hype but I like the look of the gameplay, we have direct communication with one of the lead designers and we have the promise of tournaments. I'm still #day2masterrace but I want to play Halo again with my friends and I want this game to bring that atmosphere back.

I can see both sides of the camp, I'm just an optimist and don't want to be on the @@ABearInTheWoods side even though what he is saying is usually perfectly understandable. 

I dont want to be on my side either - I 100% wish we were in a different situation  

Sadly thats just not the case.  I dont hate anyone that instinctually purchases H5.  If this were 5-8 years ago, I would be doing the same thing, just saying "Ah screw it, its Halo, I like the way they make the guns look in this one (or any other reason) - I am going to buy it." 

My distaste for 343 is palpable here in these forums though - I own it, and it is warranted.

I want nothing more than to see Halo succeed, to be back on top of the FPS genre, for the viewership and player population to sky rocket.

I just dont see it happening within the vision that 343 has for Halo.

I hope I am wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Forge "No. It's to do with pacing content. No Win 10 features." 

Guess they want to force people into warzone. 

When I said that forge was intentionally delayed no one would believe me...

I'm pretty sure delaying Forge on purpose will do more harm than good. If you have it done just release it on launch day. Having as much content as possible at launch is important to maintaining a population. Add DLC later if you have to but let us play our custom games at launch please!

launch day is most important for selling copies, which forge clearly isn't capable of, as for maintaining population if people leave a month and a half after launch simply because forge isn't in the game that means the game itself is trash and we'll have other problems to worry about.

Yes, and you will see this post-launch support beyond just Forge with the introduction of new multiplayer content and features. Halo 5 will continue growing and evolving as an experience over time.

why does 343i use that word so often? anytime anyone in this community hears the word "evolve" we assume its for the worse, whereas if you had just said upgrading or something like that it would've sounded far better.

Exactly what are the plans for Halo 5 to "grow over time" besides maps/remixes and more skins?

Serious question.

I would absolutely love to see a SP dlc for halo for once, I know it'll never happen, but I remember RAAM's shadow from GOW3 as being the most enjoyable dlc that series has ever offered, for instance they could have dlc centered around the arbiter which I think would be cool as hell.

Breakout gameplay on Trident. (With commentary, of course)

Good lord that video intro is awful. MRt2Ufq.png

• Upvote (+1) 4