CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hope "gametypes being post launch" doesn't mean "We're launching with Slayer, Strongholds, and CTF....then every other core gametype will be released on a month by month basis".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have a computer degree yet. So there is potential I can get one or I could just throw it out and do something else like marketing. Fuck English going back to code.

We know you meant that, I'm just being facetious. 

Things change. CoD was in the gutter when Halo was turning up, and now it is the other way around. It is possible to make the comeback, you just need the right developers. David Vonderhaar is literally the savior of CoD eSports at Treyarch, he actually gives a shit, thats why every game that Treyarch makes is amazing for eSports. I think our equivalent is Josh Holmes - I mean shit, he is here dancing with our "toxic" community  :grunt:

Whether Halo 5 is going to be THE GAME that brings it all back, remains to be seen. Hopefully it brings it all back and onto another level. The dev support is for sure there. I just hope they didnt ignore the Pro Team during development... because if they did they literally stunted the growth of Halo 5 for no reason.

The problem is that Bungie was already doing damage to competitive Halo even while it was popular. They insisted on differentiating between "skilled" gametypes and "casual" gametypes and didn't build the games according to competitive spec, which drove a huge wedge down the middle of the community, one that still exists today. 

Is 343 attempting to fix that? Maybe, but in an ass-backwards way. In my opinion they're essentially trying to make default slayer the "skill" gametype which has problems of its own, and I don't like that they invested the VAST majority of their resources into the most casual game mode in Halo history while giving arena ancillary shit like the mobility options. We know for a fact that Forge doesn't prop up the competitive community either, not on the tournament scene and not in customs, so on that front it basically doesn't matter if Forge is eye-meltingly awesome. 

I don't like that it just looks like 343 is throwing money at us. 

^ I'm sure he'll accept your apology... ...

And here I was thinking IcePrincess was a she.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone have a link to the actual details of HCS and HWC? 

It is intensely frustrating that these are not readily available from a simple Google search. 

And here I was thinking IcePrincess was a she.

Rule 37 dude. Rule 37.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rule 37 dude. Rule 37.

Of course, of course. I should've known better and not let my hopes get the best of me.

Of course, of course. I should've known better and not let my hopes get the best of me.

You had your hopes up? lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is that Bungie was already doing damage to competitive Halo even while it was popular. They insisted on differentiating between "skilled" gametypes and "casual" gametypes and didn't build the games according to competitive spec, which drove a huge wedge down the middle of the community, one that still exists today. 

Is 343 attempting to fix that? Maybe, but in an ass-backwards way. In my opinion they're essentially trying to make default slayer the "skill" gametype which has problems of its own, and I don't like that they invested the VAST majority of their resources into the most casual game mode in Halo history while giving arena ancillary shit like the mobility options. We know for a fact that Forge doesn't prop up the competitive community either, not on the tournament scene and not in customs, so on that front it basically doesn't matter if Forge is eye-meltingly awesome. 

I don't like that it just looks like 343 is throwing money at us. 

Bungie were the casual lords, they just handed it off to MLG and let them handle the eSports side. I guess they at-least cared enough to give us Hardcore in H2 and an MLG Ranked playlist in Halo 3. 

I think for Halo 5 eSports that 343 means well, whether or not they deliver is up in the air. I think step 1 is making sure the game works at launch. I think MCC has left most of the hardcore fans with a sense of shock.

I think Halo 5 will deliver, we might have to fight for the correct settings.. well we will have to fight for them. I am sick of fighting with the developers, shit gets unbelievably old and frustrating after years. Especially when you know (hope) that some members of the Pro Team before they got hired shared the same views as the competitive community, and hopefully are passing it along to the people who can actually make a change.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Announce is scheduled for next week.

Is the pro gameplay also next week?

Bungie were the casual lords, they just handed it off to MLG and let them handle the eSports side. I guess they at-least cared enough to give us Hardcore in H2 and an MLG Ranked playlist in Halo 3. 

I think for Halo 5 eSports that 343 means well, whether or not they deliver is up in the air. I think step 1 is making sure the game works at launch. I think MCC has left most of the hardcore fans with a sense of shock.

I think Halo 5 will deliver, we might have to fight for the correct settings.. well we will have to fight for them. I am sick of fighting with the developers, shit gets unbelievably old and frustrating after years. Especially when you know (hope) that some members of the Pro Team before they got hired shared the same views as the competitive community, and hopefully are passing it along to the people who can actually make a change.

Hopefully the first type of settings will be mostly the "right" settings.

You had your hopes up? lol 

I'm a man that hopes rule 37 is false.

my sarcasm is a failed talent online I suppose

It is intensely frustrating that these are not readily available from a simple Google search. 

Quoting myself so it doesn't get buried (25ppp master race)

I think we got to wait for 343i to drop some news on waypoint. It has been 2 months since the announcement of HWC and yea It is intensely frustrating not knowing whats down the road for HCS atm. I like to think that when the game releases we will know more. I watched the HWC video again today and at the end it says to go to halo.gg for more info...which takes you to waypoint. 19 days

Is the pro gameplay also next week?

Hopefully the first type of settings will be mostly the "right" settings.

I honestly think all we'll have to change are weapon/powerup placements and times. And once they change for HCS, they should be changed everywhere in the game. 

With how nerfed Sprint is (and the maps already being built), it'd be sort of pointless to take it out. Taking out thruster would be more impactful, but I doubt many would like that. In short, comp. play will probably have all the spartan abilities.

@@Sal1ent as long as you and your team show to me and the rest of the community that you guys care about the HCS and Halo's competitive future with the launch and post-launch support of H5, then I will be a happy camper with the game.

Oh you will definitely be a happy CAMPER with power-ups being on dynamic spawns and power weapons taking a whole century to spawn.

Seriously though 343 needs to realize that the HCS settings needs to be ideal for competitive play in order for it to have any merit to it. 343 should start with putting power-ups on static spawns and making the power weapons spawn more frequently.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm a man that hopes rule 37 is false.

my sarcasm is a failed talent online I suppose

I'd believe your sarcasm but I have to go with Batchford's story (I just typed your name wrong like 5 times) 

jk

I think we got to wait for 343i to drop some news on waypoint. It has been 2 months since the announcement of HWC and yea It is intensely frustrating not knowing whats down the road for HCS atm. I like to think that when the game releases we will know more. I watched the HWC video again today and at the end it says to go to halo.gg for more info...which takes you to waypoint. 19 days

So wait a minute, we don't even know if they're going to run the same ridiculous developer "sponsored" tourney nonsense with online qualifiers again? 

So wait a minute, we don't even know if they're going to run the same ridiculous developer "sponsored" tourney nonsense with online qualifiers again? 

I personally don't know what is in store for HCS. Just hoping for the best. And a tournament in Canada.

I think you all already know the answer to your question regarding the included game types. I think we've known for a while truthfully. Same goes for file browser system.

Bet you $20 in bitcoin$ it is the same format as MCC. Probably more money though.

The same source that told me about Forge has also bestowed some fresh info upon me.

Regarding gametypes and file browser.

Would you guys like to know? :)

• Upvote (+1) 1