CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just so we're clear, there is 0 ambiguity in what Frankie said in that post. He said the same thing in his first post after this Forge news dropped and somehow no one noticed. Forge doesn't need more development; they chose to keep it out for launch as part of their "sustain plan."

Josh Holmes literally just said that they're delaying overhauling Forge so that they can expand it.

It's the comment on top of yours.

The word delay just feels wrong considering how massive of an overhaul this is. If were were just going to receive H2A Forge in December with a few extra bonuses then yeah, we'd have a problem.

The word delay just feels wrong considering how massive of an overhaul this is. If were were just going to receive H2A Forge in December with a few extra bonuses then yeah, we'd have a problem.

Yeah, it's the wrong word. I think I'll steal your word.

Josh Holmes literally just said that they're delaying Forge so that they can expand it.

It's the comment on top of yours.

He did not literally say they're "delaying" Forge. Because, to them, it's not delayed; it's just in time for the holiday break!  :ghost:

• Downvote (-1) 1

How can one dev say one thing and then Frankie says its for a completely different reason?

So confused. 

Is 343 a giant black hole that sucks logic out of our world, one sound explanation at a time?

Forge is not being delayed. It's been their objective to launch Forge after. That's what I got from both Josh Holmes and Frank O'Connor.

• Upvote (+1) 4

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahaahahahaahah....haha....ha.........ha

So its gone from being delayed to "overhauled". Holy shit I better throw out my potential Computer Science degree and get a damn marketing degree. Being able to twist words around to get people to believe my shit. 

Its not being delayed, its being fucking overhauled. Durrka derrp durk.....

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

He did not literally say they're "delaying" Forge. Because, to them, it's not delayed; it's just in time for the holiday break!  :ghost:

Sorry, accidental neg. I always tried to avoid this but I guess I've finally, accidentally, joined the club.

bingo

and to clarify, the purpose of the late release is to both improve Forge on a massive scale as well as supplementing post launch content?

How can one dev say one thing and then Frankie says its for a completely different reason?

So confused. 

Is 343 a giant black hole that sucks logic out of our world, one sound explanation at a time?

Context.

Frankie is saying that Forge is being intentionally withheld from release, and that it's not delayed.

Josh Holmes is explaining why they're doing it. It's so that they can get the massive changes instead of having an iterative upgrade over H2A's Forge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forge is not being delayed. It's been their objective to launch Forge after. That's what I got from both Josh Holmes and Frank O'Connor.

Obviously if they could ship Halo 5 with Forge in it all on the 27th they would, but to make it as good as they want it to be they have to DELAY it.

Obviously if they could ship Halo 5 with Forge in it all on the 27th they would, but to make it as good as they want it to be they have to DELAY it.

Is it a delay if it was never promised or intended to launch?

If they had shown us a normal Forge and then been like "just kidding, we are going to launch in December but make it really big" then that would be a delay.

If they intended to launch in December with a massive overhaul I don't consider that a delay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Announce is scheduled for next week.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have a question, in Forge will we have the option to change the weather? Like for example can we make it rain or snow?

Halo 5 is not the ideal Halo experience I enjoy, however, Halo 5 looks like a lot of fun and A LOT of the stuff I thought was wrong with H4(Reach too) is fixed or entirely gone.

I'm not huge into forge anymore like I was in H3 and the beginning of Halo Reach, but I think that will change with Halo 5. To be 100% honest; as long as the game ships without any major hiccups I will be a happy camper.

Goodluck to you and the rest of 343i on a smooth launch. May the gods be in your favor. :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't know man, seems like a cheap way for us to have the game longer and not get much money back if we return it later with how quick Halo 4 and MCC dropped in price in 2 months.

As long as there are Arena Twitch streams i'm gucci. Fanks for the communication Josh as always.

In all honesty though do any of you even Forge...

No, but every community benefits from it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty though do any of you even Forge...

Custom games man. Forge isn't only about creating wonderful and beautiful maps... its also about modifying and creating silly games. Like holy crap I suck making maps but I love messing around on Forge. Still remember... me and my friends just hanging out in Forge World and doing some silly stuff just for the laughs. Also, if we're not going to have Forge, how can we change the disk maps for our liking? A lot of people complain about Halo 5 because they love to complain, no doubt. But there are people that are actually legitimate concerned and worried and asking interesting questions. The changes in Forge are fucking amazing, but I'm concerned with these decisions and fuck, I hope there's no issues when Forge launches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, but every community benefits from it.

Can't wait to play the 2000 different versions of Midship again.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Custom games man. Forge isn't only about creating wonderful and beautiful maps... its also about modifying and creating silly games. Like holy crap I suck making maps but I love messing around on Forge. Still remember... me and my friends just hanging out in Forge World and doing some silly stuff just for the laughs. Also, if we're not going to have Forge, how can we change the disk maps for our liking? A lot of people complain about Halo 5 because they love to complain, no doubt. But there are people that are actually legitimate concerned and worried and asking interesting questions. The changes in Forge are fucking amazing, but I'm concerned with these decisions and fuck, I hope there's no issues when Forge launches.

Same, i'm trash at forging but I always enjoy playing what the community makes. Which is why Forge is one of the most important things about keeping a population imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait to play the 2000 different versions of Midship again.  :kappa:

You got me there. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, and you will see this post-launch support beyond just Forge with the introduction of new multiplayer content and features. Halo 5 will continue growing and evolving as an experience over time.

Are game types planned as some of the post-launch content? 

:saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1