CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I seriously doubt that's what Frankie meant by pacing content.

That's not confirmed. We need clarification on the context.

I mean...it's not exactly an ambiguous statement. It's pretty clearly stated.

It could very well be that they planned to release forge months after the game came out all along. In fact the statement that it will be released just in time for the holiday season makes that a reasonable assumption as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Incidentally, a good one for 343. 

tumblr_nq5lo6evxR1swzy8do1_250.gif

How has this gif not popped up before with how 343 has done thiings?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will there be more forge pallets as DLC for forge? A desert map? (Sandbox/Sandtrap remake pwease) :)

Will there be DLC for forge such as weapons, objects, vehicles?

Will we be able to apply textures to objects such as a hexagonal pattern like on covenant ships?

@@Sal1ent

some in depth stuff about req packs. We get to see a new BR skin, and a cool looking scorpion

urban-scorpion-12b4316de3244fbcaa305b729

EDIT: just realized this is old, but im keeping it up anyway  :halo:

i'm really tired 

I'm pretty sure delaying Forge on purpose will do more harm than good. If you have it done just release it on launch day. Having as much content as possible at launch is important to maintaining a population. Add DLC later if you have to but let us play our custom games at launch please!

Maybe the word pacing meant that they were focused on warzone, campaign, and arena all before even working on forge. And with all the new additions to forge, they can't get it done in time.

Maybe the word pacing meant that they were focused on warzone, campaign, and arena all before even working on forge. And with all the new additions to forge, they can't get it done in time.

it damages the game no matter how you slice it, forge can be amazing, but if no one is there to play it.....

it damages the game no matter how you slice it, forge can be amazing, but if no one is there to play it.....

I agree. Or they should have announced it a month ago so the community would at least know and not be left in the dark about it. I was just doing my best to make an excuse for 343, they need as many as they can get.

Will there be more forge pallets as DLC for forge? A desert map? (Sandbox/Sandtrap remake pwease) :)

Will there be DLC for forge such as weapons, objects, vehicles?

Will we be able to apply textures to objects such as a hexagonal pattern like on covenant ships?

@@Sal1ent

343 has said they are committed to continuing to improve forge after it's released, and that they will be adding more content/features in the future.

Regarding your last question, there will be decals available, but we don't know specifics about them yet. Forge will not launch with the ability to change or add 'textures' to pieces, but supposedly you can still make unique looking pieces with the new coloring and lighting system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now they're pacing their content the same way they pace their gameplay.. delayed and annoying.

Am I cool yet?

Just so we're clear, there is 0 ambiguity in what Frankie said in that post. He said the same thing in his first post after this Forge news dropped and somehow no one noticed. Forge doesn't need more development; they chose to keep it out for launch as part of their "sustain plan."

DjJMYt8.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Josh, what we're annoyed with is that from game to game it seems to be pulling shit out of hat in regard to what 343 decides to include (or exclude) and what to focus on. From the modifications to Reach all the way through present day, 343's train of thought is nothing short of mysterious and anything but consistent.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reality check: game development is a series of choices, bound by finite resources (people, money, time). We make deliberate choices about what to prioritize given these constraints. You may think that because a feature or mode has shipped in the past we can simply cut and paste to bring it forward, but that's not the way it works. Especially moving to a new console and completely overhauling the engine. Everything needs to be built from scratch.

We start with a vision of what we want to create. We prioritize the things we are most passionate about and we think will provide the most enjoyment to players. Take Warzone, for example. We wanted to create a fun mode that brought together many different aspects of Halo into one massive experience. This is our reinvention of a big team experience for next gen Halo. Now many of you here on Beyond may not be super excited about the mode but for many Halo fans it's a dream come true. It's BTB on steroids.

We heard the feedback from core fans that many of them also wanted a more classic BTB experience. So we decided to build this in addition to Warzone. But we remain focused on delivering a great Warzone experience first. That's not some cynical attempt to force you to play our new mode, it's simply a matter of keeping our eye on the ball in play. We want Warzone to be great when we launch.

In the case of Forge, we could have taken a more conservative approach. It would have taken a lot less effort and time, but we wanted to push the boundaries of what was possible and give the Forge community the best tools possible. We also wanted to set ourselves up for a model where we could continue to react to their feedback after the mode launches to continue evolving and improving it. Releasing in December gives the community time to become familiar with the new sandbox and it allows us to stay true to our vision without compromising the feature set.

Frankly the value included with Halo 5: Guardians is staggering. It's an absolutely massive game with a ton of features and experiences. It the product of three years of blood sweat and tears from a team absolutely obsessed with making the best Halo game yet. That said, value is subjective as different people want different things. If you disagree with our choices, I can respect that.

BUT...

I sincerely hope you will all love the game. :)

Thanks for taking the time.

Is there any possibility you can at least address when/if/where we will learn about the game types that will be in Halo 5.