CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hope there is more we can do with objects in terms of looks than just choosing the color.

Decals?

Do you guys believe we will see a leak in like a week or so? That's usually when the copies of the games start getting moved. Interested to see what we will really get. 

Do you guys believe we will see a leak in like a week or so? That's usually when the copies of the games start getting moved. Interested to see what we will really get.

We will see legal streams a week before by certain people. Im almost certain

Nah. I feel like they're going to have some sort of lockout.

People will post in-game screenshots and ask "Anyone wanna play some Arena?  :kappa: " to tease us...

And I'll personally murder each and every one of them. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we have post launch content lasting through 2016, I hope that H3A will be a supplement to H5. 

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you want H3A to be Halo 5 with Halo 3 maps like what CE anniversary was? Or do you want an actual Halo 3 Anniversary? I hope we get a remastered Halo 3 with a better netcode.

I don't think he realizes that the new forge will make his skill-set, that is the ability to spend exorbitant amounts of time navigating clumsy forge controls, less important. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you want H3A to be Halo 5 with Halo 3 maps like what CE anniversary was? Or do you want an actual Halo 3 Anniversary? I hope we get a remastered Halo 3 with a better netcode.

I enjoy Halo 5 a lot, so I'd prefer it's lifespan to be extended as thoroughly as possible, so yes, I'd prefer an H3 map pack for H5.

For something like H2A I would never want to have to deal with H4 mechanics on H2 maps, so a standalone is something that I prefer. 

However, I consider Halo 5 to be more competitive and enjoyable than H3, hence my preference of a map pack.

• Upvote (+1) 2

giphy.gif

I enjoy Halo 5 a lot, so I'd prefer it's lifespan to be extended as thoroughly as possible, so yes, I'd prefer an H3 map pack for H5.

For something like H2A I would never want to have to deal with H4 mechanics on H2 maps, so a standalone is something that I prefer. 

However, I consider Halo 5 to be more competitive and enjoyable than H3, hence my preference of a map pack.

But don't you think 2 years is enough time though? I'm sure many people want an actual Halo 3 Anniversary seeing how many people were disappointed with CE Anniversary.

But don't you think 2 years is enough time though? I'm sure many people want an actual Halo 3 Anniversary seeing how many people were disappointed with CE Anniversary.

If HWars and REQ content lasts through 2016, the game could be reignited at the end of 2017 through 2018 and then Halo 6 will come out.

I think a lot of the disappointment with CE Anniversary was because the maps were using Reach's sandbox outside of the Anniversary modes, and even those Anniversary modes didn't do CE justice.

If an H3 map pack is designed specifically with H5 gameplay in mind it could help liven up what would hopefully be an already popular title.

Just my 2c, I definitely understand the demand for a remade H3.

I don't hate the guy. He has passion, hopefully he comes up with something good, and unique.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If HWars and REQ content lasts through 2016, the game could be reignited at the end of 2017 through 2018 and then Halo 6 will come out.

Yeah but its Halo 3 Anniversary. Remember how mad everybody was when CE Anniversary came out. By E3 2017, Halo 6 will probably be announced anyways. I'm sure the people who like Halo 5 will come back to it if Halo 3 Anniversary isn't for them. I personally love Halo 3 and want projectiles back with all of its amazing maps in it. Also Halo 5 has different mechanics than Halo 3 so the maps might not work the same way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like we have glossed over the fact that Forge is SUPPOSED to come out in December, but I feel zero confidence in the timelines that 343 have provided in regards to other components of their past efforts and their ability to roll them out smoothly.  

Why are we so sure about this now??

So much this. 343i has a horrible track record when it comes to sticking to deadlines. Did everyone forget about how Reach/H4/MCC were handled?

My predictions:

• BTB takes months to finally come out
  • Forge in the last week of December
  • File share and the gametypes people keep asking for not before 2016
  • First major patch that actually fixes something in March 2016
  • Last playlist update for H5 one year after launch, then it's all aboard the "insert next title" hype train
  • Upvote (+1) 6

So much this. 343i has a horrible track record when it comes to sticking to deadlines. Did everyone forget about how Reach/H4/MCC were handled?

My predictions:

• BTB takes months to finally come out
  • Forge in the last week of December
  • File share and the gametypes people keep asking for not before 2016
  • First major patch that actually fixes something in March 2016
  • Last playlist update for H5 one year after launch, then it's all aboard the "insert next title" hype train
I would agree that 343 is bad at this kind of stuff, but reach was fucked because bungie never updated the game in the year that they had it.

I guess this puts me in the foil-hat camp but I believe BTB wasn't going to be in the game until everyone made a big fuss about it.

I still don't believe the BTB launch timeline of "weeks."

We will see.

BTB's future depends entirely on the success of Warzone, if it does well and then they release BTB and it doesn't do well enough to be a playlist, I would expect them to simply get rid of it.

I agree though, we shall see.

Am I the only one that is sick of remakes? I would rather 343i make something more unique and interesting, perhaps a halo RPG or a game solely revolved around flood or something along those lines, instead of just another (probably poorly done) remake of Halo 3.

Halo 3 sold like hotcakes though, so I assume they'll want to remake it for financial reasons.

I personally can't wait until they remake MCC :kappa: