CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's kind of embarassing that 343 is unable to even discuss game types 3 weeks from launch. Is announcing Oddball an IGN exclusive?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I fail to see how it's embarrassing. Either they don't want to talk about it yet, which seems to be the case, or they aren't sure yet. Chances are the game releases with other gametypes in customs but no playlists in Arena for said gametypes. I'd be really surprised if they couldn't get oddball or KoTH into the game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Big Team Battle is coming and Warzone will fill that void.

Doubt it. Most big team players will play warzone for a few days and then move on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I fail to see how it's embarrassing. Either they don't want to talk about it yet, which seems to be the case, or they aren't sure yet. Chances are the game releases with other gametypes in customs but no playlists in Arena for said gametypes. I'd be really surprised if they couldn't get oddball or KoTH into the game.

The game is finished. They know.

Yah the game is 3 weeks out from launch and they don't know what game types are in the game yet.

Doubt it. Most big team players will play warzone for a few days and then move on. 

Eh, I could see it holding over for a few weeks.

Don't forget Rainbow Six and Fallout 4, you know, games made by developers who are competent enough to not have to release important content months after release.

Doesn't mean that their games ship perfectly on release. Games running Gamebryo(Fallout and TES) are so ridden with bugs that unnoficial patches are considered a necessity on the PC releases.

So you expect them to just straight up not release forge or btb?

I guess this puts me in the foil-hat camp but I believe BTB wasn't going to be in the game until everyone made a big fuss about it.

I still don't believe the BTB launch timeline of "weeks."

We will see.

It's not about benefit to us, it's about the fact that there is absolutely no incentive to follow through once they have your $60.

s6vqc.jpg

Just give me Slayer, CTF, Oddball for sure.

I happen to like Ricochet, and if 343 wants to throw in KOTH, and some of these Territories or Strongholds gametypes then that's cool too.

I just need the top three though. I know they confirmed strongholds but I can take it or leave it.

Halo 5 may be a great game, but as a matter of principle I'm not buying it until it's complete and I see it plays well. This trend of releasing core features months after release is getting old real quick and the fact that consumers put up with it is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not about benefit to us, it's about the fact that there is absolutely no incentive to follow through once they have your $60.

And before you even try, no, the Halo fandom clearly does not learn from prior experience.

If only we had a recent example where a Halo developer released an unfinished product and then failed to deliver on pre-release promises. Oh well, I guess we'll have to rely on the professional credibility of 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 may be a great game, but as a matter of principle I'm not buying it until it's complete and I see it plays well. This trend of releasing core features months after release is getting old real quick and the fact that consumers put up with it is ridiculous.

Marketing hype is more important and effective than actual content apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So forge shouldnt have been pushed back or whatever. But this game will have a 3 year life cycle, soo 34 months with forge. Atleast its not a 6 month delay.

Eh, I could see it holding over for a few weeks.

You're probably right. I underestimate the amount of kiddos who find that random gameplay fun. 

As for me and my BTB friends, we'll be in arena (and then probably COD) until BTB releases. Not Warzone. 

So forge shouldnt have been pushed back or whatever. But this game will have a 3 year life cycle, soo 34 months with forge. Atleast its not a 6 month delay.

I expect the third year of this cycle to be complemented with H3:A, though I'm not sure if it'll be a map pack like CEA, or stand-alone like H2A. 

I expect the third year of this cycle to be complemented with H3:A, though I'm not sure if it'll be a map pack like CEA, or stand-alone like H2A.

Im going with

2016: Halo Wars 2

2017: Halo 3 anniversary

2018: Halo 6

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we have post launch content lasting through 2016, I hope that H3A will be a supplement to H5.