CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So you expect them to just straight up not release forge or btb?

It's a horrible precedent to lay down and accept. That's the bottom line.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've already posted this but:

Okay, we have two possible situations:

Situation 1: the campaign, arena and Warzone release in october. BTB a few weeks later and forge in December.

Situation 2: the entire game is delayed and releases when forge is complete in December.

In both situations we have to wait until December to play what you consider to be the full game. However with situation 1 we get to play the majority of the game whilst we wait for forge and btb to be completed. In situation 2 we can't play anything, even though the campaign, arena and Warzone and complete.

What benefits do we get from situation 2?

well for one its arguably a better release date, as it's away from a lot of big games, and it's also good for a game to release with all of its content, so players don't just stop giving a shit early.

Exactly. 

This title it is Forge. Next title they give us two weeks to really enjoy the campaign before access to multiplayer is made available. 

Or custom games will open up and be available after you get use to the multiplayer experience. 

It's just a slippery slope that's becoming an all too common trend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly. 

This title it is Forge. Next title they give us two weeks to really enjoy the campaign before access to multiplayer is made available. 

Or custom games will open up and be available after you get use to the multiplayer experience. 

it's been getting worse and worse ever since devs got the ability to update games.

It's cool they're releasing all the content with the game but if the game doesn't work at launch, it doesn't matter.

I have absolutely zero hope in Rainbow Six launching flawlessly.

No Ubisoft. 

You know I often forget that Assassins Creed Unity was by Ubisoft, I was thinking about Farcry 4 and how great that game was. Bethesda has been impressive for the most part, at least for console gaming standards.

Exactly. 

Nevermind the fact that Forge is a feature that has been in three previous Halo titles without delay.

If this were a brand new, never-before-seen feature it would be more understandable, but this is the status quo for the Halo franchise.

Well if forge is important to you then wait for it to be released before buying the game.

If it doesn't arrive by December, raise hell then.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Exactly. 

This is an industry problem though. Not just Halo. The only way things change is if we hit them in their wallets, and nobody is willing to do that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maps:

Truth & Regret

Empire & Eden

Fathom & Remix

The Rig & Remix

Plaza & Remix

Coliseum & Remix

Pegasus & Orion

Breakout Arena

6x Warzone maps

Someone call Sirlin and get him to make Halo HD Turbo Remix!

Nevermind the fact that Forge is a feature that has been in three previous Halo titles without delay.

If this were a brand new, never-before-seen feature it would be more understandable, but this is the status quo for the Halo franchise.

Firefight was in two titles and wasn't included in Halo 4 at all. Considering Campaign and Arena were expanded upon more than ever and Warzone/REQs are massive, a major forge update makes sense with a delay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Firefight was in two titles and wasn't included in Halo 4 at all. Considering Campaign and Arena were expanded upon more than ever and Warzone/REQs are massive, a major forge update makes sense with a delay.

God forbid they delay Warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How are these even comparable? 

Firefight was replaced with Spartan Ops, available day one

Big Team Battle is coming and Warzone will fill that void.

Forge is still coming, just not until December

Casuals will come out with pitchforks and demand 343 be hung for their crimes.

Yeah, delay their most theoretically lucrative mode. That's a perfectly sound business decision.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wish Halo 5 was an IGN First game at some point. I feel like there would be a much better chance that we would actually get answers. What gametypes are available in custom games? What maps count towards the 21? These are simple questions that I feel like we deserve to know as consumers and we can't even get a "we can't talk about that right now" from anyone at 343 just to even acknowledge us.

With that said, I'm 95% sure we aren't getting gametypes other than slayer, CTF, and strongholds at launch. What I see happening is them releasing 1 classic gametype with each DLC. Adding in other game types will be part of their post release sustain plan or whatever load of crap that is. There is literally no purpose in delaying these gametypes. If players leave the game, they aren't coming back when 343 releases Oddball or KOTH. No one buys Halo for those gametypes. People buy Halo and EXPECT those gametypes.

I'll be happy being wrong but right now, I'm assuming the worst, because 343 has been way too silent about this. They were silent about forge until they released that it's coming in December. They're silent about gametypes so I'll assume they're delayed as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I'm not that annoyed at the exclusion of Forge at launch.

I'm:

1. More concerned about those who play Halo for Forge/Custom Games exclusively. I do feel bad for those people. I will be happy in Arena but those who enjoy creating maps or playing any sort of modified custom game will be very disappointed.

2. Much more concerned about the whole "well then when do we get it". December? Because going by 343's track record, my intuition keeps saying that all of these things (BTB, Forge, and perhaps more) that aren't launching with the game may take a while. 

We saw it with the File Share system, with Ranks for both MCC and Halo 4, with the weapon tuning patches for H4, for the patches for MCC functonality, etc. This isn't a bash 343 post, but rather a "I'm just over the whole waiting and wondering about things" post. If Forge isn't going to be released on launch, fine. But at least give us an exact date that we will be able to play it, then release it on that day. If thats the case - we're all gucci. But please, for the sake of our sanity, no more "soons".

Not looking forward to coming on here every few days to see when Forge will be implemented. Not looking to more vague posts by devs and Bravo of "soon", etc. Its draining I guess. I really hope for the sake of the Halo community that we aren't left in the dark for months on end, with deadlines being pushed back and questions being ignored.

Either way, I'm sure Forge will be great in H5, and I hope enough Forgers come back the game will full intentions on creating some awesome maps for the rest of us.

All hands on deck a lot of tweaking could happen in a month and a half. Additionally, it would have been a lot bigger time period than that because they've been working on it and are continuing to give themselves more time AND that is also conditional on them making their release date and it working then. 

I feel as though people's bad experience with MCC makes them think that delaying things is more acceptable than it really is, don't get me wrong I'm not crying about forge being delayed, I'm just saying that to just assume every single time a delay occurs its because of development is wrong.

Yeah, delay their most theoretically lucrative mode. That's a perfectly sound business decision.

Of all the things I could not care less about, I could not care less about this the most.

Also Jawshe stop being so negative

• Upvote (+1) 4

What I don't understand is why I can watch videos of two campaign levels and plot cut-scenes, but I don't know what maps or gametypes are in MP.

This is like bizzaro backwards land.

Couldn't agree more.

there is zero evidence to suggest H5 will have the biggest campaign to date, as for Arena that's probably true but quality>quantity.

15 missions is the same as Halo 2, plus the added component of co-op focus, plus obviously with each game and console generation the gameplay and environments grow in scale and intensity. Not guaranteeing it will be the largest but no reason it shouldn't be based on what they've shown us so far.

What blog post? I thought we were getting a couple more maps that we haven't seen yet, hence my stance that Pegasus and Orion don't count as separate maps. Guess that means the other blank canvas map doesn't count.

This whole counting system is borked.

Today's Gold blog post had an infographic saying 21 maps. The counting system isn't borked, I don't see what you are basing your counting system on. Obviously 343 would want to inflate the count as much as possible, its common sense, so the Forge and Breakout maps are definitely in the count.

10 Arena. 5 Breakout. 6 Warzone.

How are these even comparable? 

Firefight was replaced with Spartan Ops, available day one

Big Team Battle is coming and Warzone will fill that void.

Forge is still coming, just not until December

Calling Spartan Ops a replacement is strange wording. The same way Spartan Ops was removed in favor of Warzone.

I'm not exactly arguing that something else should be replacing Forge, but the amount of content that has been expanded on in the Day 1 features is more than any Halo game to date.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What I don't understand is why I can watch videos of two campaign levels and plot cut-scenes, but I don't know what maps or gametypes are in MP.

This is like bizzaro backwards land.

343 doesn't wanna spoil the Arena plot.

SPOILER ALERT

The main character dies.

• Upvote (+1) 2

15 missions is the same as Halo 2, plus the added component of co-op focus, plus obviously with each game and console generation the gameplay and environments grow in scale and intensity. Not guaranteeing it will be the largest but no reason it shouldn't be based on what they've shown us so far.

Today's Gold blog post had an infographic saying 21 maps. The counting system isn't borked, I don't see what you are basing your counting system on. Obviously 343 would want to inflate the count as much as possible, its common sense, so the Forge and Breakout maps are definitely in the count.

10 Arena. 5 Breakout. 6 Warzone.

Calling Spartan Ops a replacement is strange wording. The same way Spartan Ops was removed in favor of Warzone.

I'm not exactly arguing that something else should be replacing Forge, but the amount of content we have in the Day 1 features is more than any Halo game to date.

343 said multiple times that Spartan Ops would fill the void that Firefight left, I'd hardly call it strange.

I don't care if we have more day one features when the fan favourites are still missing at launch.