CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd say the difference is that 343's being transparent about this.

In what way are the being transparent about this? Honest question, because I don't see much transparency outside of a month they want to release it in. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got a game we can play.

It's called "let's see if the next part of this post has anything to do with the argument you just called into question".

Ohhhh, sorry you didn't win, but thanks for being on the show.

0c7086a4cba806f53bf2a247f48cf0c5.jpg

Both sections of my comment have to do with the fact that your posts are both ill-informed and negative. You display minimal knowledge of the game despite talking about it constantly, and on top of that, each post contributes nothing to the discussion other than to further your own anti 343 agenda.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

negative

The only part of that post that was even arguably true, so you can see why I'm having a hard time properly engaging.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like we have glossed over the fact that Forge is SUPPOSED to come out in December, but I feel zero confidence in the timelines that 343 have provided in regards to other components of their past efforts and their ability to roll them out smoothly.  

Why are we so sure about this now??

Only the people who pre-ordered the game are sure about this semi- :kappa:

Fingers crossed for Team Doubles on release day.

After 3 years and 3 releases 343 will still be looking at the data to see if people want doubles 4+ months later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've heard this a couple times and it is complete speculation, correct??

We were suppose to see Forge MONTHS ago and it never ended up happening. That makes me believe there was a development issue with it more than an intentional delay, but that is also speculation.

That's why I lean more toward what we know. 343 has sucked at implementation and sticking to timelines. 

so let me get this straight, you believe a month and a half is enough time to fix a broken forge? Even if forge was glitched out its safe to assume they would've released it launch day, then patched it up later on.

You can believe whatever you like though, no matter what their reasons it still won't come until December.

Considering the scope and scale of the three main modes – the biggest campaign to date, biggest Arena component, and new Warzone which is a massive beast – I'd guess they just didn't have enough development resources to complete Forge. They normally outsource it to Certain Affinity anyway, who seem to have no involvement with Halo 5.

The delay makes perfect sense, and the mode still looks amazing so I have no complaints.

there is zero evidence to suggest H5 will have the biggest campaign to date, as for Arena that's probably true but quality>quantity.

Does anybody know if this game will have the Perfection medal?

yes. I've seen it numerous times even from beta footage. Then again I don't exactly remember seeing the actual medal or not.

I honestly think its a stupid medal because it encourages camping, but whatever.

so let me get this straight, you believe a month and a half is enough time to fix a broken forge? Even if forge was glitched out its safe to assume they would've released it launch day, then patched it up later on.

You can believe whatever you like though, no matter what their reasons it still won't come until December.

there is zero evidence to suggest H5 will have the biggest campaign to date, as for Arena that's probably true but quality>quantity.

All hands on deck a lot of tweaking could happen in a month and a half. Additionally, it would have been a lot bigger time period than that because they've been working on it and are continuing to give themselves more time AND that is also conditional on them making their release date and it working then. 

Why not just release the game in December? Seriously, if it can't be completed until then, don't fucking release it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Why is it ok for developers to not ship a FULL game on launch day? If it's not done, it's not done. Post launch content? The fuck? Features that were Day One content in Halo 3 are post launch content in Halo 5? How the hell is that ok?

People forget quickly and want their next fix. As long as you "apologize" and create a slick marketing campaign for your next title while brushing your previous disasters underneath the carpet the sales will come unfortunately. You'll see comments like "my pre-order won't affect anything in the long run", yet these people picked up MCC on day/week one and got completely burnt and shunned in the following months. It's pathetic. Even if 343 decided to remove sprint, lower the laughably high bullet magnetism, removed spartan abilities, included forge at launch, and decreased the size of the maps I still wouldn't buy their game because the thought of my money going into their dirty pockets makes me sick to my stomach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody know if this game will have the Perfection medal?

It does. It was in the beta but the game would end before the medal was actually shown. Hopefully that's fixed for launch.

Why not just release the game in December? Seriously, if it can't be completed until then, don't fucking release it.

Because 95% of the people who are going to purchase this game couldn't give two shits about Forge.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Both sections of my comment have to do with the fact that your posts are both ill-informed and negative. You display minimal knowledge of the game despite talking about it constantly, and on top of that, each post contributes nothing to the discussion other than to further your own anti 343 agenda.

just ignore the guy, he's literally been complaining nonstop since the MLG forums existed

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It HAS TO!!!!! come out before call of duty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

YESSSSS PLeaseeeeeee.

Other developers are gonna think its "OK" just to release game at 60$ with a major component missing. Fuck, so many people are just complacent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It HAS TO!!!!! come out before call of duty.

Don't forget Rainbow Six and Fallout 4, you know, games made by developers who are competent enough to not have to release important content months after release.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I completely agree with you, MCC released the whole game on the date they said the game would be coming out. 

And?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't forget Rainbow Six and Fallout 4, you know, games made by developers who are competent enough to not have to release important content months after release.

You can't mention an Ubisoft game when talking about competent developers. Come on son!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you not reading the above posts? Blog post said 21 maps.

Arena: 10 including Pegasus and Orion

Warzone: 6

Breakout: 5

That's 21, exactly what the Blog post said.

What blog post? I thought we were getting a couple more maps that we haven't seen yet, hence my stance that Pegasus and Orion don't count as separate maps. Guess that means the other blank canvas map doesn't count.

This whole counting system is borked.

I've already posted this but:

Okay, we have two possible situations:

Situation 1: the campaign, arena and Warzone release in october. BTB a few weeks later and forge in December.

Situation 2: the entire game is delayed and releases when forge is complete in December.

In both situations we have to wait until December to play what you consider to be the full game. However with situation 1 we get to play the majority of the game whilst we wait for forge and btb to be completed. In situation 2 we can't play anything, even though the campaign, arena and Warzone and complete.

What benefits do we get from situation 2?

It's not about benefit to us, it's about the fact that there is absolutely no incentive to follow through once they have your $60.

And before you even try, no, the Halo fandom clearly does not learn from prior experience.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You can't mention an Ubisoft game when talking about competent developers. Come on son!

It was either Ubisoft or EA :kappa:

It's not about benefit to us, it's about the fact that there is absolutely no incentive to follow through once they have your $60.

The funny thing is 343 has illustrated quite clearly how much they're willing to "follow through" once they have your cash, oh wait never mind they're split into 2 different teams all is forgiven.

It's cool they're releasing all the content with the game but if the game doesn't work at launch, it doesn't matter.

I have absolutely zero hope in Rainbow Six launching flawlessly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Ubisoft. 

But yeah so many other DEVs actually give the full damn game at launch. 

This is a principle of INTEGRITY not about if "oh we can just play it inthe future duurrrka duurrr"

• Upvote (+1) 1

And before you even try, no, the Halo fandom clearly does not learn from prior experience.

So you expect them to just straight up not release forge or btb?