CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

OR

Option 3- They release the whole game on the date they said the game would be coming out.

I know. It's such a new, mind blowing concept right!

That's clearly not possible now so it's a completely pointless argument.

Unless you want potentially rushed and unfinished features.

Maps:

Truth & Regret

Empire & Eden

Fathom & Remix

The Rig & Remix

Plaza & Remix

Coliseum & Remix

Pegasus & Orion

Breakout Arena

6x Warzone maps

If the breakout maps are the Space Forge Canvas, they take up only one slot in the line up. We already know there are several different breakout maps, and we know they don't take up individual slots, else we'd have over the 20 map count.

We suspect we're not getting a remix of EVERY dev map, but we are gettting more remixes that have yet to be revealed. At the moment we have 8 Arena maps and 6 Warzone maps, putting us at 14 total. If Forge Canvas Maps count towards the 20, then we have 3 slots left to be filled with remixes or new maps.

Individual forge variants don't count towards the 20 total. Simple as that.

They are ONE map. Deal with it. If these are counted as separate maps in the 20 map lineup when the game launches, I'll eat my hat, but I highly doubt that is the case...

Default Forge variants were counted in previous games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are ONE map. Deal with it. If these are counted as separate maps in the 20 map lineup when the game launches, I'll eat my hat, but I highly doubt that is the case...

Bungie counted them as separate maps in Halo Reach.  Forge World had 5 variants at launch and they counted them in the total. 

Default Forge variants were counted in previous games.

Then lets count all the different Breakout maps towards our 20 count. We'll defo be breaking 20.

Lol such ignorance and ZERO understanding of how Halo plays. You'd think after discussing the game for years on a message board you'd learn.

I've got a game we can play.

It's called "let's see if the next part of this post has anything to do with the argument you just called into question".

Maybe you should play the games for a change instead of exclusively talking about them.

Seriously though, everything you say is SO negative and it brings down the entire forum. All I ever hear from you is whining and arguing, whether it be against forum members or developers. 

Getting sick and tired of watching arguments you participate in unfolding the same way every time. You clearly do have some sort of agenda and constantly skew facts to support your incessant whinery and complaining.

Is there a way to stop myself form seeing this guy's posts?

Ohhhh, sorry you didn't win, but thanks for being on the show.

0c7086a4cba806f53bf2a247f48cf0c5.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Your car analogy simply doesn't work because it doesn't factor in improvements after the initial purchase that online patches / content provides. How do you explain free map packs, does someone sneak in during the night and fit you a new bumper? What about patching in new weapons or balancing the preexisiting sandbox or re-structuring the playlists seasonally?

To be completely fair, the tesla had a patch over night :P 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then lets count all the different Breakout maps towards our 20 count. We'll defo be breaking 20.

Are you not reading the above posts? Blog post said 21 maps.

Arena: 10 including Pegasus and Orion

Warzone: 6

Breakout: 5

That's 21, exactly what the Blog post said.

Are you not reading the above posts? Blog post said 21 maps.

Arena: 10 including Pegasus and Orion

Warzone: 6

Breakout: 5

That's 21, exactly what the Blog post said.

Pegasus and Orion? Fuck I didn't think their reception was good enough to be included

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pegasus and Orion? Fuck I didn't think their reception was good enough to be included

I loved Pegasus. Not saying it was loved by everyone but a lot of people I talked to enjoyed that map.

Wasn't a fan of Orion though but I like all the other maps so who cares.

I've got a game we can play.

It's called "let's see if the next part of this post has anything to do with the argument you just called into question".

Ohhhh, sorry you didn't win, but thanks for being on the show.

Or maybe we can play the game that we're actually talking about? :kappa: Before saying that the maps play the same just because they "look" the same.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

OR

Option 3- They release the whole game on the date they said the game would be coming out.

I know. It's such a new, mind blowing concept right!

I completely agree with you, MCC released the whole game on the date they said the game would be coming out. 

Pretty sure we're announcing launch playlist details next week.

That's not exactly what he means but good to hear we get to see that soon

Or maybe we can play the game that we're actually talking about? :kappa: Before saying that the maps play the same just because they "look" the same.

First of all, the more pressing question is whether or not either of these maps will be fit for competitive play. I don't care about comparing the merits of two maps that are going to get lost in the default slayer playlist where no one gives a crap.

But since we're so up on hat-eating, if Empire and Eden can be show to play demonstrably different a month after release, I'll eat my copy of CEA (which survived the hammer).

My point still stands, if the remixes going forward end up being as minimal as the difference between Eden and Empire, I'm going to be disappointed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like we have glossed over the fact that Forge is SUPPOSED to come out in December, but I feel zero confidence in the timelines that 343 have provided in regards to other components of their past efforts and their ability to roll them out smoothly.  

Why are we so sure about this now??

• Upvote (+1) 2

So with people excited about forge, if good maps get created will they actually be used in competitive?

So with people excited about forge, if good maps get created will they actually be used in competitive?

Only if the pros like them and they follow the same meta for the past 8 years  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

The fact that they wont say anything is more than just a little worrying. You really think he would need to get aome clearance just to say yea the classic gametypes oddball, koth, assault, and race wil be returning. I could see them pulling a "we couldnt balance the gametypes around the new spartan abilites so theyll be included in an upcoming multiplayer update" smh.

I think the chances of them not having any other gametypes (especially after the fans reaction post Halo 4) is much less likely than them altering the gametypes themselves, like I said they probably don't wish to talk about them because they've made controversial changes to them.

I feel like we have glossed over the fact that Forge is SUPPOSED to come out in December, but I feel zero confidence in the timelines that 343 have provided in regards to other components of their past efforts and their ability to roll them out smoothly.  

Why are we so sure about this now??

Forge being delayed likely had little to do with development, it was probably intentional.

Forge being delayed likely had little to do with development, it was probably intentional.

I've heard this a couple times and it is complete speculation, correct??

We were suppose to see Forge MONTHS ago and it never ended up happening. That makes me believe there was a development issue with it more than an intentional delay, but that is also speculation.

That's why I lean more toward what we know. 343 has sucked at implementation and sticking to timelines. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would they delay forge if it had nothing to do with development?

343 may be the purest, blackest evil, but they're not Capcom, now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's why I lean more toward what we know. 343 has sucked at implementation and sticking to timelines. 

I'd say the difference is that 343's being transparent about this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering the scope and scale of the three main modes – the biggest campaign to date, biggest Arena component, and new Warzone which is a massive beast – I'd guess they just didn't have enough development resources to complete Forge. They normally outsource it to Certain Affinity anyway, who seem to have no involvement with Halo 5.

The delay makes perfect sense, and the mode still looks amazing so I have no complaints.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1