• Crossfire
  • Trench

Warzone:

• Escape from A.R.C.
  • Raid on Apex 7
  • March on Stormbreak
  • 3 More

Breakout Arena is a canvas, not a map.

For the millionth time, Pegasus and Orion are on the same canvas map, they don't each hold their own unique place in the map count even if forge maps are included... We have 3 forge canvas maps, plus all the dev maps. Keep it simple.

The classic "Don't buy it then" argument, it never gets old.

You are all brainwashed into thinking this is ok for developers to release half the game at launch and promise patches/fixes/the rest of the game months later.

I have yet to see a cohesive argument from any Beyond member here why this is ok for 343 to do this to the Halo community. Instead I just get downvoted, this site has really changed from 2013.

Your argument is full [email protected], Careh. My car analogy is spot on and you failed to muster a worthy argument answering my initial question: Why is it ok for developers to not ship a FULL game on launch day? If it's not done, it's not done. Post launch content? The fuck? Features that were Day One content in Halo 3 are post launch content in Halo 5? How the hell is that ok?

Please, amuse me Beyond. It's starting to get annoying to post here when most of you dance around the ambiguity that actually surrounds 343i's day one launch of this game.

Okay, we have two possible situations:

Situation 1: the campaign, arena and Warzone release in october. BTB a few weeks later and forge in December.

Situation 2: the entire game is delayed and releases when forge is complete in December.

In both situations we have to wait until December to play what you consider to be the full game. However with situation 1 we get to play the majority of the game whilst we wait for forge and btb to be completed. In situation 2 we can't play anything, even though the campaign, arena and Warzone and complete.

What benefits do we get from situation 2?

Multiplayer (which requires internet, of course). As soon as you connect your console, you'll download the MP content update.

Good to hear. Hopefully you guys can get a rough size out there before the 27th so people know what to expect when installing off disc.

Will players be able to play custom games or Forge (in December) offline or will it require an Xbox LIVE connection?

Did I miss them answering what game modes would be available? Or are they still not touching that question?

Not with a ten-foot pole.

Good to hear. Hopefully you guys can get a rough size out there before the 27th so people know what to expect when installing off disc.

Will players be able to play custom games or Forge (in December) offline or will it require an Xbox LIVE connection?

These will require a connection to LIVE because they both run on dedicated servers.

@@Sal1ent

Forge looks spectacular, honestly superb.

What can we expect from a file sharing system to complement it.  Hope you guys understand the impact a well built online fire sharing system akin to H3's/Reach's has on the longevity of the game.  Very difficult for customs to thrive (as well as forging websites) without a real way to download maps.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

These will require a connection to LIVE because they both run on dedicated servers.

Lets say I'm making this awesome map and I lose my connection to live, what happens?

Does my map auto-save and kick me to the main menu or do I lose progress?

Okay, we have two possible situations:

Situation 1: the campaign, arena and Warzone release in october. BTB a few weeks later and forge in December.

Situation 2: the entire game is delayed and releases when forge is complete in December.

In both situations we have to wait until December to play what you consider to be the full game. However with situation 1 we get to play the majority of the game whilst we wait for forge and btb to be completed. In situation 2 we can't play anything, even though the campaign, arena and Warzone and complete.

What benefits do we get from situation 2?

OR

Option 3- They release the whole game on the date they said the game would be coming out.

I know. It's such a new, mind blowing concept right!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have we seen all the Arena maps already?

If that's the case, won't we run into the same disconnecting issues we faced in the first two seasons of the HCS?

Not true. We exceed the disc w/ MP content. Campaign, audio and core assets fill the disc almost entirely and that's with only two languages (out of 12 total) per disc.

Your making me a little nervous. Not gonna lie

• Downvote (-1) 2

What maps are included in that 21 at launch figure?

Would forge maps like Pegasus/Orion be included, seperately?

Would forge/Breakout maps be included?

Will the Arena remixes all be available at launch, or are they coming as DLC? 

Please answer what you can ;)

For the millionth time, Pegasus and Orion are on the same canvas map, they don't each hold their own unique place in the map count even if forge maps are included... We have 3 forge canvas maps, plus all the dev maps. Keep it simple.

Canvas maps are not included in the map count. When referring to maps they count them based on playable maps that are placed into the matchmaking rotation. You can play Slayer on Pegasus and Orion separately, they are separate maps.

Pretty sure we're announcing launch playlist details next week.

Once again, we aren't asking about playlists. We are asking about game types. If you announce no Team Objective playlist like CTF-exclusive for example, should we just assume that Oddball and co. are not in the game?

do forge maps count as part of the 20 launch maps?

Yup

I wouldn't really count eden and empire as two separate maps.

7 original maps at launch for arena and no BTB.

Hmm

I just hope the "18" post launch map number isn't artificially inflated like the launch map number is.

Empire and Eden play COMPLETELY different. Eden is an asymmetrical, EXTREMELY vertical map with long sightlines and a unique weapon layout. Based on some pictures and footage it got even more complex than what we saw in the beta.

I other than maybe Breakout maps which all follow a pretty consistent design pattern, I wouldn't really call the map count inflated, considering this is the most maps we've ever launched with in Halo history (in Arena alone).

But Sal1ent said most, if not all, Arena maps would get remixes. 

Yeah, we are kinda in the dark about this. We would have seen footage by them by now if they were coming at launch. I guess we have to expect the worst and assume some of them may arrive post launch.

@@Sal1ent

We are asking about specific game types, such as oddball, KOTH, etc. NOT LAUNCH PLAYLISTS. If you can't answer these questions I totally understand, but can you at least address that you can't answer questions about game types instead of side stepping them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will we able to download the MP content update before the 27th if we have it pre-ordered digitally? That way we can play the game when it is unlocked.

Playlist announcement next week? Yes!!! Hopefully it's a good list. Really hope we will at least have some social playlist...

Will we able to download the MP content update before the 27th if we have it pre-ordered digitally? That way we can play the game when it is unlocked.

Yup, its in the blog post.

Pretty sure we're announcing launch playlist details next week.

While we are curious to know what playlists will be available in matchmaking, we're more eager to know what gametypes will be available to play, both in matchmaking and in custom games. Thus far we've heard only about Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and Breakout. Will Oddball, King of the Hill, Assault, and the other staple Halo gametypes be available in Halo 5 in any fashion at launch?

Canvas maps are not included in the map count. When referring to maps they count them based on playable maps that are placed into the matchmaking rotation. You can play Slayer on Pegasus and Orion separately, they are separate maps.

They are ONE map. Deal with it. If these are counted as separate maps in the 20 map lineup when the game launches, I'll eat my hat, but I highly doubt that is the case...

The fact that they wont say anything is more than just a little worrying. You really think he would need to get aome clearance just to say yea the classic gametypes oddball, koth, assault, and race wil be returning. I could see them pulling a "we couldnt balance the gametypes around the new spartan abilites so theyll be included in an upcoming multiplayer update" smh.

They are ONE map. Deal with it. If these are counted as separate maps in the 20 map lineup when the game launches, I'll eat my hat, but I highly doubt that is the case...

Get ready to grab your preferred marinade. You can purchase a Beyond hat to snack on from our store

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somebody get @@Humpflung to post a video for a hat-recipe that Frederic_104 can eat...  :P

Or do what Infinity suggests. :P

EDIT: posting while tired sucks.

@@Sal1ent it would be greatly appreciated if you could at least make one comment or acknowledge we are curious to know the fate of oddball, etc. If you can't because of spoilers, then just say that. :)