CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If you can convince the cartographers to send them 343's way then push for it.

They are very excited to see what people can do with the new tools, and will probably have better quality control than before. If there will be a map testing playlist introduced after Forge has been launched, I won't hesitate to give feedback, and even try to get my own creations in the spotlight.

The classic "Don't buy it then" argument, it never gets old.

You are all brainwashed into thinking this is ok for developers to release half the game at launch and promise patches/fixes/the rest of the game months later.

I have yet to see a cohesive argument from any Beyond member here why this is ok for 343 to do this to the Halo community. Instead I just get downvoted, this site has really changed from 2013.

Your argument is full [email protected], Careh. My car analogy is spot on and you failed to muster a worthy argument answering my initial question: Why is it ok for developers to not ship a FULL game on launch day? If it's not done, it's not done. Post launch content? The fuck? Features that were Day One content in Halo 3 are post launch content in Halo 5? How the hell is that ok?

Please, amuse me Beyond. It's starting to get annoying to post here when most of you dance around the ambiguity that actually surrounds 343i's day one launch of this game.

I'm not arguing for you to pucker up and take it, I arguing that you actually stick to your guns and not purchase what you think isn't worth the price you're being asked to pay. I own neither MCC or an XB1 and I stopped paying for XBL like 2 years ago. Why? Because I saw there was no value in those products for me so I either didn't purchase or stopped paying for their services. Guess what I'll be doing at the launch of H5... Re-evaluating if it's worth investing my money and time into these things.

Your car analogy simply doesn't work because it doesn't factor in improvements after the initial purchase that online patches / content provides. How do you explain free map packs, does someone sneak in during the night and fit you a new bumper? What about patching in new weapons or balancing the preexisiting sandbox or re-structuring the playlists seasonally?

You're absolutely delusional if you think a game can be fully balanced and functionally complete at launch. "NO BUT W8 M8 HALOCE DIDN'T HAV PATCH", I mean I guess it was a good game but would they have patched it given the chance? Would they have added new maps, fixed bugs, improved functionality and all that jazz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, those forge maps are being counted in the final map count?

Two Forge Maps and 5 Breakout maps

Pegasus is one of the best maps in the game, IMO, and they both were probably treated with similar care as normal maps.

Breakout maps were designed independently and turned into Forge pieces afterwards. You can count them as Forge maps if you want but they aren't ugly and were not lazily put together.

10 Arena 4v4

5 Breakout

6 Warzone

Maps:

Truth & Regret

Empire & Eden

Fathom & Remix

The Rig & Remix

Plaza & Remix

Coliseum & Remix

Pegasus & Orion

Breakout Arena

6x Warzone maps

yeah, I paid for that map pack ... was made free a few months later. the map packs for H4 were very impressive, tbh, much better than disc maps

I don't remember if I spent money on it or not. I got my Xbox 360 in May 2008 and I think I remembered it being free, could be wrong though.

I still liked all of the Halo 3 DLC maps all were fun to play on except Standoff. And even Standoff was still good because of Sky Castle. I liked Ghost town, Rats Nest, and Orbital even though many people didn't.

one is definitely worse than the other, I'll say that much.

Eden sucked for slayer but I can see that map working really well for game types like Stronghold

one is definitely worse than the other, I'll say that much.

They both played like shit in the beta. I'm holding my opinions until I'm able to play them with good weapon and powerup placements.

Was it confirmed that every arena map would have a remix?

Very recent interview with Holmes... can't remember which website though!

Maps:

Truth & Regret

Empire & Eden

Fathom & Remix

The Rig & Remix

Plaza & Remix

Coliseum & Remix

Pegasus & Orion

Breakout Arena

6x Warzone maps

Nope.

Arena:

• Truth
  • Regret
  • Eden
  • Empire
  • Fathom
  • Plaza
  • Coliseum
  • Rig
  • Pegasus
  • Orion

Breakout:

• Gambol
  • Trident
  • Altitude
  • Crossfire
  • Trench

Warzone:

• Escape from A.R.C.
  • Raid on Apex 7
  • March on Stormbreak
  • 3 More

Breakout Arena is a canvas, not a map.

You're absolutely delusional if you think a game can be fully balanced and functionally complete at launch.

There's "a few bugs", then there's MCC.

There's "more content to be named later", and there's H5 delaying a hugely integral function of the entire thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The day 1 MP "content update" doesn't sound to me like it's the same thing as MCC where you had to download the entire MP? Am I missing something?

The day 1 MP "content update" doesn't sound to me like it's the same thing as MCC where you had to download the entire MP? Am I missing something?

Not even close. MCC couldn't fit on one disc, Halo 5 can. Day one patch will just be bug fixes.

Not even close. MCC couldn't fit on one disc, Halo 5 can. Day one patch will just be bug fixes.

Don't jinx us.

Also, they said it will contain the Multiplayer, same as MCC.

How many non forge variant arena maps are there at launch? 6?

two Standard maps (Pegasus and Orion) and 5 Breakout maps, but I don't count those.

Edit: Nevermind, you asked about Non-Forge. 

There are 8 Standard 4v4 maps

Don't jinx us.

two Standard maps (Pegasus and Orion) and 5 Breakout maps, but I don't count those.

But Sal1ent said most, if not all, Arena maps would get remixes. 

Don't jinx us.

It said "supplement MP map content" as in, it will probably just be maps.

Not true. We exceed the disc w/ MP content. Campaign, audio and core assets fill the disc almost entirely and that's with only two languages (out of 12 total) per disc.

So can we get an estimate on the patch? I know you probably can't give an exact size but over/under 10 gigs?

Not true. We exceed the disc w/ MP content. Campaign, audio and core assets fill the disc almost entirely and that's with only two languages (out of 12 total) per disc.

Thanks for the clarification, guess I misunderstood the article.

So if we don't have internet, what content will we not be able to access if we can't download the day one patch?

Don't jinx us.

I wouldn't really count eden and empire as two separate maps.

7 original maps at launch for arena and no BTB.

Hmm

I just hope the "18" post launch map number isn't artificially inflated like the launch map number is.

do forge maps count as part of the 20 launch maps?

Did I miss them answering what game modes would be available? Or are they still not touching that question?