CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

His power/influence is disproportionate to his knowledge of map design, which is what frustrates me about him. I know a lot of forgers way more worthy - some of which featured in the 343 vid which was fucking awesome #hoperestored

• Upvote (+1) 5

His power/influence is disproportionate to his knowledge of map design, which is what frustrates me about him. I know a lot of forgers way more worthy - some of which featured in the 343 vid which was fucking awesome #hoperestored

But why is that his fault? Why hold something against him that he has no power over? If you had the chance to be well known with minimal skill (not saying Salot is minimally skilled) wouldn't you take that?

If you had the chance to be well known with minimal skill, wouldn't you take that?

I'd use that opportunity to improve my skills. Not much has changed in the 7+ years in regards to his map design, though. Could be a limitation on his end or it could be the simple fact that the community is afraid of fresh, unique designs.

I'd use that opportunity to improve my skills. Not much has changed in the 7+ years in regards to his map design, though. Could be a limitation on his end or it could be the simple fact that the community is afraid of fresh, unique designs.

And that is something we will find out in December. But I don't blame him for making the same kinds of maps if that's what gives him the most people give him the best feedback on. He's just doing what his thing. But to hate a guy because he's popular is a bad reason in my eyes.

And that is something we will find out in December. But I don't blame him for making the same kinds of maps if that's what gives him the most people give him the best feedback on. He's just doing what his thing. But to hate a guy because he's popular is a bad reason in my eyes.

Eh, I don't think it's a matter of popularity. I just don't like playing shitty, generic maps. I agree with you, though. We'll see what the Forge community can bring to the table in December.  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I don't think it's a matter of popularity. I just don't like playing shitty, generic maps. I agree with you, though. We'll see what the Forge community can bring to the table in December. :flames:

Lots of different colored versions of Lockout I guarantee it!

But forreal I'm pumped to see what they can do. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Multiplayer gameplay will be 900p to try and keep things stable at 60fps, Campaign will have dynamic resolution depending how action filled the current mission is. Campaign missions are usually more detailed than multiplayer maps.

Lets wait until we have confirmation on that.

Almost certain Chief will die in Halo 5 because of how they keep marketing it and how it will change the future. As dumb as it sounds, I would not put it past 343 to kill him off.

Chief won't die. If you think he will, you're falling for the marketing. How anyone can argue the marketing isn't good this time around is laughable.

Campaign is already using dynamic resolutions, its just basic deduction that they are lowering graphics in multiplayer to ensure it HAS 60fps. differences between 1080p and 900p are minimal so they are going to do what necessary to get 60fps because they can't go back now.

Oh so you're assuming, ok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets wait until we have confirmation on that.

Oh so you're assuming, ok.

Just doing some sherlock work over here. 

Lots of evidence pointing to it.

There were a few legit people in the video, and a few... not so legit people. I think they just picked the "community cartographers" which I had no idea even existed until now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lots of different colored versions of Lockout I guarantee it!

But forreal I'm pumped to see what they can do. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Ahh so we will have a new Blackout, Pinkout, Blueout, Greenout etc etc.

Chief won't die. If you think he will, you're falling for the marketing. How anyone can argue the marketing isn't good this time around is laughable.

Its the fact that they keep talking of galaxy shattering events along with the marketing and the fact that they're introducing Locke who is doubtless going to take over the series when Chief is gone. These are the same guys who killed Cortana in their first game. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him too.

Almost certain Chief will die in Halo 5 because of how they keep marketing it and how it will change the future. As dumb as it sounds, I would not put it past 343 to kill him off.

Facedesk.

Campaign is already using dynamic resolutions, its just basic deduction that they are lowering graphics in multiplayer to ensure it HAS 60fps. differences between 1080p and 900p are minimal so they are going to do what necessary to get 60fps because they can't go back now.

Campaign was completely rock solid 60fps with dynamic 1080p.

No reason the multiplayer wouldn't use that as well.

There were a few legit people in the video, and a few... not so legit people. I think they just picked the "community cartographers" which I had no idea even existed until now.

by that i think they were implying ducain and psycho duck more than anything else, both have decent sized youtube channels for custom game forging.

But why is that his fault? Why hold something against him that he has no power over? If you had the chance to be well known with minimal skill (not saying Salot is minimally skilled) wouldn't you take that?

I don't hold anything against him per se, just that I wish other maps other than ones created by him were considered. Like if he made Solace before it was made by the devs, it would have got in, received praise and would have stayed in rotation until the next game. Like damn Dispatch and Station 9 -_-

But anyways more important issues; WHERES ODDBALL?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I laughed harder than I should have. When it's not a Midship remake it's another huh? I don't get the obsession with either linear aggression or spawn trapping at all. It's so bland.

At least Station 9 was original.  :kappa:

In fact... I was talking about Station 9 last night, and I brought up how it felt a version of Orbital with shorter tunnels. People weren't disagreeing. It's worth mentioning that Orbital is a fair contender to be the default map with the most linear aggression in all of Halo games.

Campaign was completely rock solid 60fps with dynamic 1080p.

No reason the multiplayer wouldn't use that as well.

I would assume this as well. Except I doubt the dynamic resolution will hit 1080p very often in MP while it will be 1080p most of the time in campaign.

Not that I will even be able to notice.

I still want to see a flood/gravemind remix of Truth... call it Mercy  :bravo:

Call it... Lies.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its the fact that they keep talking of galaxy shattering events along with the marketing and the fact that they're introducing Locke who is doubtless going to take over the series when Chief is gone. These are the same guys who killed Cortana in their first game. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him too.

You are falling for their marketing aha. 

The Guardians will be playing a part in this galaxy stuff, not Chief's death.

The guy just makes what he enjoys making. It's not his fault his maps are popular. Leave the poor guy alone

• Upvote (+1) 3

They've been around since Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2