CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Right before war zone was revealed we discussed the total amount of players halo could realistically support with its type of sandbox, and war zone gets it right, 12v12 is realistically the best we can do.

Wait, forge is delayed?

No, they're just releasing it at a later date than the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why the huge delays on big team battle and forge? If I remember correctly, Halo 3 launched with both of these, and at that time, forge was just as complex on the 360 as it was fairly new as well. Didn't Halo 3 function right at launch?

Like obviously 343 wants to get it right, but didn't Bungie get everything right at launch?

Why the huge delays on big team battle and forge? If I remember correctly, Halo 3 launched with both of these, and at that time, forge was just as complex on the 360 as it was fairly new as well. Didn't Halo 3 function right at launch?

Like obviously 343 wants to get it right, but didn't Bungie get everything right at launch?

I'd imagine there's more that goes into games nowadays, the 3 year dev cycle for halo may be too short, I mean hell, doom was made in less than a year right? That was all new software being made at the time as well if I'm not mistaken.

These are different times we live in.

I'd imagine there's more that goes into games nowadays, the 3 year dev cycle for halo may be too short, I mean hell, doom was made in less than a year right? That was all new software being made at the time as well if I'm not mistaken.

On that point, I really do hope Halo 6 has a 4 year development cycle. They should really try for that extra year, especially given what's occurred here. While we have a lot of content, some of it has to be released later, due to time constraints, and lack of delays to go with it. They have everything to benefit from, with extra time.

Chief may "die" but will most definitely be in Halo 6. He will return. But his story may overall end in Halo 6, not with death necessarily though. 

Yeah, they could pull a Halo 3, have him float in space forever, alive and dead at the same time or have him retire. That way people don't get all mad about him dying, however I would like to see how Master Cheif dies, I mean he is like 50 years old now or something. 

On that point, I really do hope Halo 6 has a 4 year development cycle. They should really try for that extra year, especially given what's occurred here. While we have a lot of content, some of it has to be released later, due to time constraints, and lack of delays to go with it. They have everything to benefit from, with extra time.

I honestly think it's time for games to do a 4 year release cycle now. I mean just look at what has been going down lately with mainstream games. It's kind of pathetic. I mean even CoD the recycled crop of the year has switched to a 3 year cycle. It must mean it's time for a 4 year cycle lol

I honestly think it's time for games to do a 4 year release cycle now. I mean just look at what has been going down lately with mainstream games. It's kind of pathetic. I mean even CoD the recycled crop of the year has switched to a 3 year cycle. It must mean it's time for a 4 year cycle lol

CoD, however, hasn't switched to it, due to a need for more development time. It's obvious that despite the extra year, the franchise is still stagnating. Halo on the other hand, obviously needs it, for main titles at least.

CoD, however, hasn't switched to it, due to a need for more development time. It's obvious that despite the extra year, the franchise is still stagnating. Halo on the other hand, obviously needs it, for main titles at least.

If anything, Halo is going to start moving away from 3 year cycles to shorter ones. They're trying to make the series yearly now and I could totally see Halo 6 coming out in 2017 after hearing Bonnie Ross talk about how much mon..I mean, how many games could be made for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Longer dev time for the main titles would leave room for spin offs and such, lemon brought this up before, how instead of trying to have the one experience fits all game, we could build off of what halo is with main titles without doing things that are contradictory to its core, and have those new and unique experiences with other games set in the same universe. I would love a red orchestra/rising storm kind of halo game(not an exact copy but you get the idea).

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can we just delay forge forever, please. 

oh my god this guy needs to get out. Remember that overscaled H4 forge map he made to balance no-descope? no idea..

Guess it doesn't matter though, at this rate we wont need any forge maps for competitive HYPE

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh my god this guy needs to get out. Remember that overscaled H4 forge map he made to balance no-descope? no idea..

Guess it doesn't matter though, at this rate we wont need any forge maps for competitive HYPE

Salot be all "Now I can make my Midship clones in HD GRAPHICS!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like you  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair to Salot, from what I remember back in the Reach Forge days (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here), Salot made a good amount of maps that weren't just 2 base 2 towers. They were pretty decent from what I recall, but he had way more positive criticism for 2b2t maps than his other maps. Dude just did what he was better at

• Upvote (+1) 2

People should lay off of Salot a little. He's had a few missteps (I've never liked Station 9 / Downfall), but 90% of what the dude does is to try to satisfy the needs of the community.

Also he has stuck with it when the rest of the old H3FF guys like me got fed up and gave it up completely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

... Who's Salot?

Dude makes forge maps and stuff. He made Onslaught from H3 and a few other maps I cant recall right now

edit: Station 9 as well ni h4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Known for generic 2 base 2 tower midship clones.  Hard to blame him considering it's really all the comp community has accepted for the last 7 years, but still... we're better than that now.  I'd expect much more from him.  I have been expecting much more from him. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why though? No one wants anything "original" or anything of the sort. He did try some original maps but he's either much better at making 2b2t or the people just want 2bt2 a lot more and it's been consistent since h3 to H4 from what I see.

And at least the dude stayed. Barely anyone was there for h4 from what I remember

Source on this?

Campaign is already using dynamic resolutions, its just basic deduction that they are lowering graphics in multiplayer to ensure it HAS 60fps. differences between 1080p and 900p are minimal so they are going to do what necessary to get 60fps because they can't go back now.