CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I saw a tweet that somebody interviewed 343 and 343 said that Halo 5 ending will forever change the universe... Now I'm really nervous about the possibility of 343 killing off Chief. :/

So I saw a tweet that somebody interviewed 343 and 343 said that Halo 5 ending will forever change the universe... Now I'm really nervous about the possibility of 343 killing off Chief. :/

They explicitly said the Flood won't make an appearance but the ending isn't exactly far off as to imply their return.

I'd imagine something inspired by Marathon, a weapon nobody knows a damn thing about being used but it acts as a catalyst for the Floods return...

Why? His story doesn't end until Halo 6. Maybe it's a massive return. Hell, maybe the PRECURSORS reveal themselves for the first time in forever, dwarfing the Forerunners.

They explicitly said the Flood won't make an appearance but the ending isn't exactly off the far end of plot-neutrality.

I'd imagine something inspired by Marathon, a weapon nobody knows a damn thing about being used but it acts as a catalyst for the Floods return...

Now THAT, I wouldn't mind. :)

Why? His story doesn't end until Halo 6. Maybe it's a massive return. Hell, maybe the PRECURSORS reveal themselves for the first time in forever, dwarfing the Forerunners.

I'm nervous because of the way they are advertising the game, yeah yeah I know, it's to promote it. But they did kill cortana. Yeah she's back in the game but as far as we know, she's only a ghost. That's not fully back to me just yet.

Halo 5 is probably going to 900p. BUT! More people = more fun! Its my dream to play infection with 64 players or huge war maps in Halo.

Imagine Spartans fending of dozens of player controlled zombies!!!

Ep9pAr7.jpg

Setting up defensive perimeters!

H4I1QYa.jpg

Hell even going into the mines of MORIA!!!

BFZ6I6X.jpg

I'll just hope for Halo 6 then...but player count should increase this generation for Halo. 24 players custom games please!

I would like to see a Flood-base Warzone map with giant mutant flood bosses and creepy tunnels underground full of combat forms, but the main focus would be a huge assaults on player-held bases. Mmmmmmm.

64 player infection would be nice, imagine the forge maps!

• Upvote (+1) 1

See there you go, You made an opinion that isn't super pc elitist and make sense with context lol

Oh I gotta throw out an extraneous post here and there to rile people up. You'd think I'd be knee deep in the red if I was a super PC elitist. That reminds me of a few topics I need to post in the Tech forum.

Just so people who remember me bringing up side-lore from a different universe, this is how I'd imagine Halo 5 ending, given Halo takes so many notes from the Marathon series already:

A world dies due to a glorified anti-resistance weapon purposed to destroy the sun of L'Howon.

mi.end-2.jpg

In Halo's case which I relate to this, using whatever superweapon (likely Halo Ring) in a feeble attempt to end a conflict, makes things worse...

Except, the Pfhor, much like the Covenant with Halo, had no idea the destructive element of the Early Nova, as it is a catalyst to an indescribable terror beyond realities grasp. It releases an abomination that would actually compare to the Flood quite quite well. Too bad Bungie doesn't want to refine the story to describe this at all, cryptic as it already is.

I still want to see a flood/gravemind remix of Truth... call it Mercy  :bravo:

I hope you're referencing the art direction instead of the gametypes Halo 4 had.

I'll always prefer classic/normal infection over flood.

Lol yeah

No word on file share at this time.

We cannot comment on the inclusion of the gravity hammer at this time.

Like what?

My understanding is that the build/s they were working with were somewhat restrictive. I believe they were unable to access any of the custom game options, and the builds they were working with were probably not final.

Although I'm sure they have information that they're not allowed to share, it's also entirely possible that they simply don't know the answers to all of these questions.

Kinda sucks forge is delayed, but if that means having a good multiplayer at launch then I'm ok with that. Hopefully they don't delay anything else like theater. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Almost certain Chief will die in Halo 5 because of how they keep marketing it and how it will change the future. As dumb as it sounds, I would not put it past 343 to kill him off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda sucks forge is delayed, but if that means having a good multiplayer at launch then I'm ok with that. Hopefully they don't delay anything else like theater.

Yeah I should have looked at it that way, actually if multiplayer is flawless at launch, then I'll be super happy. I'll be ok with forge delayed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Almost certain Chief will die in Halo 5 because of how they keep marketing it and how it will change the future. As dumb as it sounds, I would not put it past 343 to kill him off.

That's my fear :/ it would be hard to keep people interested in the game when the most iconic character in the series is dead. That's just my opinion

Multiplayer gameplay will be 900p to try and keep things stable at 60fps, Campaign will have dynamic resolution depending how action filled the current mission is. Campaign missions are usually more detailed than multiplayer maps.

Source on this?

Expected this place to look like Meridian after the no forge at launch news... I'm disappoint..

+ Warzone could never fill the BTB void. Attacking with a convoy of hogs in 8vs8 CTF >

That's my fear :/ it would be hard to keep people interested in the game when the most iconic character in the series is dead. That's just my opinion

Chief may "die" but will most definitely be in Halo 6. He will return. But his story may overall end in Halo 6, not with death necessarily though. 

Chief may "die" but will most definitely be in Halo 6. He will return. But his story may overall end in Halo 6, not with death necessarily though.

Good point. Kind of depressing having to accept that.

If Chief dies I would honestly like to see Frederick take his place as the franchise lead. But I'm pretty sure that would go to Locke.

I wouldn't even mind if MC dies, just have a good replacement. Though I don't really see him dying off so eh

40 - 64 players Halo? Huh Maybe in Halo 7 on Xbox Dos

Or a spin off

I still want to see a flood/gravemind remix of Truth... call it Mercy  :bravo:

Name is very fitting and it completes the Trio 

I approve