CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watch, game reviewers are going to be dishonest by telling us, "Yeah, it's game of the year worthy". You fooled me once with H4, you fooled me twice on MCC, And now I'm aware of your third attempt. Quit fooling people with your shady business practices.

If we get fucked for the third time, Microsoft better give us the biggest apologies in their history of their business. 

They've fooled you for fuckin everything. Who on this planet that knows an ounce about video games still takes reviews seriously?

Sorry a $400 entertainment package doesn't have the same performance as a PC with a single component that costs that much. Don't start that shit please, doesn't help the mood in here, which is quite positive.

A $100 GPU component could do the job, but i was simply just giving explanation of why.

Anyways to give a fair comparison battlefield 4 can handle 64 players and battlefront can handle 40 players. Halo is still behind. Developers need to start optimizing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

really.........FUCKING REALLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRo9z5BOm3Q

btw this video is 50 50 on likes and dislikes.

WTF do 343 think they are doing. Lets just release unfinished games to the public. It will make people play the game longer.

I'm paying 60 for a completed game not a unfinished game that will be finished in the months to come.

I'm so done with this company

Then pay 60 for the completed game in December.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one was saying this. They were saying that they didn't want 343 to increase the 4v4 style of play to 5v5 or 6v6. No one cares about the competitive merit of Big Team Warzone. 24, 30, 60, whatever the player count is, it doesn't matter. As long as 4v4 remains to be the core focus, they can do whatever the hell they want with the social gametypes. Though what they bring to those gametypes needs to be available for customs as well so the community can ticker with it for themselves.

We're not asking for access to REQ card in customs or AI (which would be nice), just the 24 player count. As of right now, there is zero reasons for anyone who just likes to play customs to get Halo 5 at launch and that's unacceptable. Maybe if we didn't get this treatment with Halo 4 and MCC, it would be more bearable, but that isn't the case.

343 has accomplished a hat trick with unfinished games.

People have been asking for AI in forge for years, so that's just wrong, moving on.

not allowing Warzone to be forgeable, not allowing 24 player limits, not allowing legendary weapons (I assume other weapon variants too?) I assume all are directly related to Warzone in one way or another, now you might believe that its just a matter of the game being rushed or something but considering all the advances made elsewhere I doubt it wasn't intentional.

In any case I doubt having the regular 16 player limit will be a problem, considering that's the way it has always been.

Josh confirmed the presence of Theater for multiplayer in an interview with this site. What he didn't confirm is whether Campaign Theater would be present, which is particularly worrying; Halo has lost enough speedrunners since that functionality was absent from Halo 4. Having such functionality also makes sense for 343i in terms of growing the player-base for future Halo titles by giving players the tools to record campaign gameplay and subsequently produce content, with speedruns being some of the most interesting and engaging campaign content that is produced.

I remember that when I would play campaign I would watch certain segments over and over again, watching AI's fight against one another (especially involving the flood) in theater, so I kind of miss campaign theater, I assume it wasn't in Halo 4 because of the game being unfinished so I expect SP theater to be there.

They've fooled you for fuckin everything. Who on this planet that knows an ounce about video games still takes reviews seriously?

not all reviewers are bad, to be fair.

People have been asking for AI in forge for years, so that's just wrong, moving on.

not allowing Warzone to be forgeable, not allowing 24 player limits, not allowing legendary weapons (I assume other weapon variants too?) I assume all are directly related to Warzone in one way or another, now you might believe that its just a matter of the game being rushed or something but considering all the advances made elsewhere I doubt it wasn't intentional.

In any case I doubt having the regular 16 player limit will be a problem, considering that's the way it has always been.

I remember that when I would play campaign I would watch certain segments over and over again, watching AI's fight against one another (especially involving the flood) in theater, so I kind of miss campaign theater, I assume it wasn't in Halo 4 because of the game being unfinished so I expect SP theater to be there.

I think a large reason it wasn't in Halo 4 was because of all the scripted events and QTE's. When one of those 'cinematic' things happen in a game, they don't design anything that the player can't see so they can save memory. For instance, when MC is flying through the space at the end of the first mission and when he's flying through the horizontal lift near the end, I promise you that MC's body is all fucked up looking because they are using so many assets to create that scripted event that the player can see, which was totally needed. If Halo 4 had campaign theater, you would see all these flaws.

• Upvote (+1) 1

not all reviewers are bad, to be fair.

Videogamecritic.net 

Mostly specializes in classic games, wary of online gaming, but otherwise fair and balanced discussion all around. David isn't even paid to write.

I've been a member for years so yeah. Nice humble community.

Anyways to give a fair comparison battlefield 4 can handle 64 players and battlefront can handle 40 players. Halo is still behind. Developers need to start optimizing.

Adding more players to Big Team modes is literally the last feature I would want them to focus on.

In like a week do you think we will see people with copies of the game? Sometimes people get leaked disc copies of the game 2 weeks before release. It'd be nice to know about the playlist and custom game options. 

A $100 GPU component could do the job, but i was simply just giving explanation of why.

Let's not get into the cost debate. 

Halo doesn't need 40 players. It also has the AI which takes up a decent chunk of memory to sync, also it's 1080p not 720p like Battlefield 4 is on consoles (900p for PS4). Halo 5 runs at 1080p60fps from what we've been told so far (might be just below 1080p) so the AI + frame rate will take up a lot of memory.

h1z1 has 200 players but CSGO doesn't..

pretty sure it's a design choice.

64-player Halo, heck, even 40 player Halo would be really dumb. No offense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a large reason it wasn't in Halo 4 was because of all the scripted events and QTE's. When one of those 'cinematic' things happen in a game, they don't design anything that the player can't see so they can save memory. For instance, when MC is flying through the space at the end of the first mission and when he's flying through the horizontal lift near the end, I promise you that MC's body is all fucked up looking because they are using so many assets to create that scripted event that the player can see, which was totally needed. If Halo 4 had campaign theater, you would see all these flaws.

I never really thought about that... Doesn't halo 5 have QTE's as well?

64-player Halo, heck, even 40 player Halo would be really dumb. No offense.

I don't know. 4v4 Arena gametypes and 32v32 vehicle frenzy on large maps in one Halo game sounds like a blast.

I don't know. 4v4 Arena gametypes and 32v32 vehicle frenzy on large maps in one game sounds like a blast.

We'd need really big maps for that. I just mean as it stands now, it would be really ridiculous to play. Imagine 64 or 40 players on a standard BTB map.

Behind what? Halo isn't really designed for anything more than BTB. I'd say Warzone could be pushing it for what Halo should be at.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One has to consider exactly why people got into BTB to begin with, and the conclusion I came to was that because there were more players on the map at once, it allowed vehicular play to come more into effect, and you know there's clearly an audience that loves to play around with the vehicles and I imagine the way the vehicles are now it would be impossible to have them in MP outside of BTB.

Warzone will probably allow for even more vehicular madness, so I would assume it'll do an even job of pleasing the BTB audience than BTB did, the only people I realistically see preferring BTB are those that don't enjoy REQ's or AI's (which I think will be a minority) and even then they could easily provide a mode where AI's and REQ's aren't there but keeping the 12v12 player limit, so ultimately I doubt you'll see BTB making all that much of a comeback.

I'm not hating on BTB, Warzone is just superior.

You don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I love reading this forum but Jesus Christ you guys are poison.

thanks ghandi.

Let's not get into the cost debate. 

Halo doesn't need 40 players. It also has the AI which takes up a decent chunk of memory to sync, also it's 1080p not 720p like Battlefield 4 is on consoles (900p for PS4). Halo 5 runs at 1080p60fps from what we've been told so far (might be just below 1080p) so the AI + frame rate will take up a lot of memory.

Halo 5 is probably going to 900p. BUT! More people = more fun! Its my dream to play infection with 64 players or huge war maps in Halo.

Imagine Spartans fending of dozens of player controlled zombies!!!

Ep9pAr7.jpg

Setting up defensive perimeters!

H4I1QYa.jpg

Hell even going into the mines of MORIA!!!

BFZ6I6X.jpg

I'll just hope for Halo 6 then...but player count should increase this generation for Halo. 24 players custom games please!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Isn't Halo 5 going to be 1080p 60fps but when there are too many objects/events happening they are going to tone down the resolution to keep the 60 fps? So it isn't a consistent 1080p but it should reach it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't Halo 5 going to be 1080p 60fps but when there are too many objects/events happening they are going to tone down the resolution to keep the 60 fps? So it isn't a consistent 1080p but it should reach it

Multiplayer gameplay will be 900p to try and keep things stable at 60fps, Campaign will have dynamic resolution depending how action filled the current mission is. Campaign missions are usually more detailed than multiplayer maps.

Halo 5 is probably going to 900p. BUT! More people = more fun! Its my dream to play infection with 64 players or huge war maps in Halo.

Imagine Spartans fending of dozens of player controlled zombies!!!

Ep9pAr7.jpg

Setting up defensive perimeters!

H4I1QYa.jpg

Hell even going into the mines of MORIA!!!

BFZ6I6X.jpg

I'll just hope for Halo 6 then...but player count should increase this generation for Halo. 24 players custom games please!

See there you go, You made an opinion that isn't super pc elitist and make sense with context lol

What the crap is the point of this thread

"Hey guys, we played Forge but we can only talk about the things you already know about!"

Lol yeah

No word on file share at this time.

We cannot comment on the inclusion of the gravity hammer at this time.

Like what?