CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Your complaining will mean nothing if you still give them your 60 dollars at the end of the day.

Not true. Videos like this can hit big at times and it causes a lot of changes for developers. TB is a good example. Just because someone bought a game doesn't mean that their complaints mean nothing. That hasn't been the case for the last few years. When a rant gets viral in the gaming community, no one is asking "but did he buy the game?" If anything, them not buying the game makes their argument useless.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can we just delay forge forever, please. 

Now that Truth and Regret are in the game, hopefully he'll feel compelled to make something else than a Midship re-imagination.

I totally understand the frustration, but if 343i is timely with adding in things like BTB and Forge, and everything is working golden on launch day, I'll be ok with it.

Given 343s track record with "soonTM" makes me cautiously optimistic, however.

Well that's disappointing. I've asked @@Sal1ent about whether file sharing would be in Halo 5, and I hope the lack of a response is because he's attempting to avoid spoiling an announcement, though I'm not sure of the likelihood of a Custom Games/Theater/File Sharing information dump.

I would be surprised if file sharing/theater are not in Halo 5, file sharing was made available in Halo 4 post launch I believe so all they really have to do with that is copy/paste, as for theater spectator mode is basically the same thing, so that kind of is expected.

As for the gametypes I believe the real reason they aren't talking about them is because they've been altered a good deal, they can't say "KOTH will be in Halo 5" when they've made their own version of KOTH, nor can they say it isn't because that'll just be heart breaking, we'll see anyway.

Lol is there a problem with this guy or something?

He's the guy who made Simplex and Station 9. He's the reason why we still have Midship remakes in literally every Halo game. 

Station 9 was literally cancer.

Not true. Videos like this can hit big at times and it causes a lot of changes for developers. TB is a good example. Just because someone bought a game doesn't mean that their complaints mean nothing. That hasn't been the case for the last few years. When a rant gets viral in the gaming community, no one is asking "but did he buy the game?" If anything, them not buying the game makes their argument useless.

fair point.

Now that Truth and Regret are in the game, hopefully he'll feel compelled to make something else than a Midship re-imagination.

That's the problem, his non-Midship maps are absolutely trash. His claim to fame is Midship remakes.

It is amazing that the we've been stuck at 16 players since the original Xbox. Two generations later, we get a higher player count but it's only locked to one gametype in matchmaking...

Meanwhile I can hit up a 64 player CSGO lobby and play LOTR zombies all day.  

They probably can't fit more because performance will suffer or something. Typical limitations.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

MCC is what happens when you don't even give a shit and ship the project off to people who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

ok-o.gif
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I assume 343i fears that people will run their own version of Warzone in custom games, thus decreasing REQ pack sales, same logic behind not allowing variants in custom games, outside of that I don't see any reason why they wouldn't...

I think its funny how everyone was telling them they shouldn't increase the player limit, now that they did we're now complaining about not increasing the player limit in customs, kind of ironic I think.

No one was saying this. They were saying that they didn't want 343 to increase the 4v4 style of play to 5v5 or 6v6. No one cares about the competitive merit of Big Team Warzone. 24, 30, 60, whatever the player count is, it doesn't matter. As long as 4v4 remains to be the core focus, they can do whatever the hell they want with the social gametypes. Though what they bring to those gametypes needs to be available for customs as well so the community can ticker with it for themselves.

We're not asking for access to REQ card in customs or AI (which would be nice), just the 24 player count. As of right now, there is zero reasons for anyone who just likes to play customs to get Halo 5 at launch and that's unacceptable. Maybe if we didn't get this treatment with Halo 4 and MCC, it would be more bearable, but that isn't the case.

343 has accomplished a hat trick with unfinished games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be surprised if file sharing/theater are not in Halo 5, file sharing was made available in Halo 4 post launch I believe so all they really have to do with that is copy/paste, as for theater spectator mode is basically the same thing, so that kind of is expected.

As for the gametypes I believe the real reason they aren't talking about them is because they've been altered a good deal, they can't say "KOTH will be in Halo 5" when they've made their own version of KOTH, nor can they say it isn't because that'll just be heart breaking, we'll see anyway.

Josh confirmed the presence of Theater for multiplayer in an interview with this site. What he didn't confirm is whether Campaign Theater would be present, which is particularly worrying; Halo has lost enough speedrunners since that functionality was absent from Halo 4. Having such functionality also makes sense for 343i in terms of growing the player-base for future Halo titles by giving players the tools to record campaign gameplay and subsequently produce content, with speedruns being some of the most interesting and engaging campaign content that is produced.

Watch, game reviewers are going to be dishonest by telling us, "Yeah, it's game of the year worthy". You fooled me once with H4, you fooled me twice on MCC, And now I'm aware of your third attempt. Quit fooling people with your shady business practices.

If we get fucked for the third time, Microsoft better give us the biggest apologies in their history of their business. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Campaign Theater out again? Oh man oh man

That hasn't been confirmed (which is why I'm worried, but we can't say for certain whether it will be present or not at this stage).

Watch, game reviewers are going to be dishonest by telling us, "Yeah, it's game of the year worthy". You fooled me once with H4, you fooled me twice on MCC, And now I'm aware of your third attempt. Quit fooling people with your shady business practices.

If we get fucked for the third time, Microsoft better give us the biggest apologies in their history of their business.

TRASH TALK INITIATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKXLRxltyBs

• Upvote (+1) 4

Campaign Theater out again? Oh man oh man

I love how we're hearing bad news less than a month til release. Why is it that people haven't notice that with the last 2 halo titles? When you start hearing bad news about a game within a month of release, that's when you should be concerned.

Meanwhile I can hit up a 64 player CSGO lobby and play LOTR zombies all day.  

They probably can't fit more because performance will suffer or something. Typical limitations.

Sorry a $400 entertainment package doesn't have the same performance as a PC with a single component that costs that much. Don't start that shit please, doesn't help the mood in here, which is quite positive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The tech-gadget blogs are just as bad as gaming journalism really.

Okay, after Halo 4 and this, can we all agree that for Halo 6, if 343 holds back talking about a certain feature in the game, that it's either not as good as we've seen in previous games or delayed?

Sure, but the hype train would already be in full effect.

Well, we're going to need a midship remake for our no sprint 3sk pistol settings. Bigship looks like it could play no sprint BTB  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's the guy who made Simplex and Station 9. He's the reason why we still have Midship remakes in literally every Halo game. 

Station 9 was literally cancer.

Is there still a chance to get 343 to brick his console in December