CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Sal1ent

Is there *any* chance that we could see AI placed into Forge? Like have an AI spawn point with time/enemy/number options and some primitive waypoint markers? Something simple like that? 

I would really really like to see that, make some city maps with Jackal snipers roaming the roofs, some Elites with swords defensive maps?

I will give you as many internet points as I can muster if this was a feature.

Seeing how something like this could undermine the Warzone experience, I'll go ahead and assume not.

Does anybody know why it's delayed? I'm curious to know why now.

It's reasonably for the best. Many developers (looking at you, Rockstar) don't polish their key modes at all before launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree obviously. I think it's a logical step but just lacks the bug punch. It's just not there. That's why they only released this little 3 minute trailer 3 weeks prior to launch and half the time they just have forgers saying "this is totally a dream come true it's totes amazeballs I can't even sleep it's just crazy cool". I want a trailer that showcases a giant feature that is so ambitious that people need to hear more about it. Not a bunch of on site interviews about grouping objects.

And we don't even know where 343 could have started with PC usage. It's not JUST about ease of use. There's all kinds of things possible with PC that aren't on Xbox one with a controller. We have no idea what they would have come up with.

I can see where you're coming from. There's a lot of features not discussed in the video, if you haven't read the blog post I would definitely recommend it. Coming from that, there's not much else I would ever even want in forge. Aside from water/ rain they've really gone over and beyond the entire forge communities expectations.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Seeing how something like this could undermine the Warzone experience, I'll go ahead and assume not.

I wish... The variety of things you could do is endless. What about a Breakout game, where your team of four, faces a team of four Elite AI, or a Snipers game against Jackal Sniper AI. Probably not, but a girl can dream. -3-

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent

Is there *any* chance that we could see AI placed into Forge? Like have an AI spawn point with time/enemy/number options and some primitive waypoint markers? Something simple like that? 

I would really really like to see that, make some city maps with Jackal snipers roaming the roofs, some Elites with swords defensive maps?

I will give you as many internet points as I can muster if this was a feature.

AI in Forge was thrown out of the window when they announced that Warzone wouldn't be Forgeable. Your best chance is to wait a few months after Halo 6 launches.

That makes sense, a lot of it, but it is saddening.

AI in Forge was thrown out of the window when they announced that Warzone wouldn't be Forgeable. Your best chance is to wait a few months after the Halo 6 launch.

Ok stop breaking my heart guys.

@@Moa is right about Forgehub.  It went through a really rocky stretch at the end of Reach/beginning of 4, and was totally shut down for about 9 months.  It's been back for about a year and a half now.  Has strong leadership and ownership.  Has really strong connections with the Community Cartographers (the guys that 343 brought in for feedback).  The future looks pretty good.  Forgehub is to forge what Beyond is to competitive Halo.  I'm just glad that it didn't go the way of the dodo, like so many other community sites have during recent years.

Also, I believe one of the Sprint episodes set to release in December will be covering forge.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wish... The variety of things you could do is endless. What about a Breakout game, where your team of four, faces a team of four Elite AI, or a Snipers game against Jackal Sniper AI. Probably not, but a girl can dream. -3-

Would be cool actually. Maybe with the power of the Xbox Two? 

Wouldn't that be really easy though?  It's a cool idea though, if only we had offline bot matches.  Love to make myself feel good at games by jumping in with some bots lol.  

I still think it's a huge shame that Warzone won't be Forgeable. Even if we can't tinker with the AI, just give us the static versions of the maps and let people run loose. The Forge community is full of some absurdly talented people, and such a decision is just limiting their creativity. More stuff to work with is a good thing.

Would be cool actually. Maybe with the power of the Xbox Two? 

LOL

XBOX Two?

Bro were are only like 2 years into current gen consoles. 

What about a Breakout game, where your team of four, faces a team of four Elite AI

Why not against four Elites... which aren't AIs?

#NeverForget #EliteLivesMatter

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL

XBOX Two?

Bro were are only like 2 years into current gen consoles. 

Yeah but we are already have to cut features from games in order for them to run smoothly. I don't see this console generation lasting nearly as long as the Xbox 360 and PS3 era. Not to mention we are years behind the PCs of the time when the Xbox One and PS4 were released.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't follow this thread much, so not sure if it's been talked about but I wanted to know what other people's thoughts were. I am not a fan of the ranking system in the beta because when it comes to the pro rating, it basically rewards the players who play the most. If you play the most you gain the most rating points, as long as you win say half your games. I think it should be if you win and you do well, you gain a certain amount of points, but then if you lose, you lose that same amount of points. This would then make it so the players that are considered "pro" would be the players who win a better % of their games, compared to the players that just play a shit ton. 

I don't follow this thread much, so not sure if it's been talked about but I wanted to know what other people's thoughts were. I am not a fan of the ranking system in the beta because when it comes to the pro rating, it basically rewards the players who play the most. If you play the most you gain the most rating points, as long as you win say half your games. I think it should be if you win and you do well, you gain a certain amount of points, but then if you lose, you lose that same amount of points. This would then make it so the players that are considered "pro" would be the players who win a better % of their games, compared to the players that just play a shit ton. 

That isn't how the Pro ratings work.

Once you hit the majestic land of ELO in the Semi-Pro/Pro rankings, you have a number assigned to you. This rating judges how you stack up against everyone else in these two divisions. The Top 200 people with the highest rating are placed into the Pro division. Your rating does increase and decrease based on wins and losses but it is based on who you match. If you are beating people in Onyx, its barely going to increase, but if you lose to people in Onyx you are going to decrease a lot, because the game expects you to beat those people.

If you are a Semi-Pro with a  1650 Rating, beating another 1700 Semi-Pro might give you a decent leap but beating a Pro at 1800 or even something like 2000 is going to give you a big leap in rating, possibly pushing you past that Top 200 threshold into the Pro division.

TL;DR: It's not about quantity of matches, it's about quality.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm sure it's been discussed but some guys on r/Halo got to play with Forge and they said they can't comment about Legendary Weapons being in forge

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3nriyx/we_played_halo_5s_forge_mode_ask_us_anything/

What the crap is the point of this thread

"Hey guys, we played Forge but we can only talk about the things you already know about!"

• Upvote (+1) 5

"Hey guys, we played Forge but we can only talk about the things you already know about!"

A stupid way to build hype for people who can't read the blog post.

I can wait for Forge, especially if it's that much of an improvement.

That shit is gonna be hard to get the hang of.

They're allowed to elaborate on certain information that 343 revealed. It's not a lot, but it definitely helps.

game developers have been releasing games not fully finished for years, I suppose putting all your eggs in one basket (launch) and expecting it to succeed is a risky business proposition, whatever the reason most game developers do something similar.

10% population? are you serious? even halo 4 had way more than that, think you're being pessimistic as hell.

How many people bought Halo 4? 3 million on launch day?

So you're saying Halo 4 had more than 300k people playing a couple months after release? I'm assuming you just misunderstood me.

• Upvote (+1) 1