CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This looks delicious. I am so excited right now and I'm not even forger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys... I was thinking of making a series leading up to H5 (or maybe do it for h5) of me getting used to southpaw after over a decade of default (bumper jumper)..

I am VERY average when it comes to aiming skills. I tried everything to improve my aim these past few years and it has been very frustrating. 90 percent of my kills are from outsmarting them, not outBR-ing (maybe sometimes if its a good day). But I have recently discovered something.

I found out my left thumb would have been better at aiming if I used southpaw from the very beginning. I discovered this first by swirling (ogre-twitching) the analog and realizing I couldn't do it counter-clockwise. But with my left thumb, I could do both ways perfectly and very quickly.

It would be very interesting to see if I can sacrifice my years of second nature practice completely and learn ALL OVER AGAIN to hopefully become better than before. day by day. frustration, raging and asking why have I done this to myself.

Im debating whether I should start during h5, or now and lead up to h5. but what do you sexy people think?

bruh..

Hey guys... I was thinking of making a series leading up to H5 (or maybe do it for h5) of me getting used to southpaw after over a decade of default (bumper jumper)..

I am VERY average when it comes to aiming skills. I tried everything to improve my aim these past few years and it has been very frustrating. 90 percent of my kills are from outsmarting them, not outBR-ing (maybe sometimes if its a good day). But I have recently discovered something.

I found out my left thumb would have been better at aiming if I used southpaw from the very beginning. I discovered this first by swirling (ogre-twitching) the analog and realizing I couldn't do it counter-clockwise. But with my left thumb, I could do both ways perfectly and very quickly.

It would be very interesting to see if I can sacrifice my years of second nature practice completely and learn ALL OVER AGAIN to hopefully become better than before. day by day. frustration, raging and asking why have I done this to myself.

Im debating whether I should start during h5, or now and lead up to h5. but what do you sexy people think?

if you think it will help, just start practicing right now so that when halo 5 drops you're all set

Can't wait for Onslaught to be remade again

Forge being delayed = Edgy settings and bad forge maps will also be delayed  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't wait for Onslaught to be remade again

I've already sketched up my latest creation: Ampslaughtdown 9.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Forge being delayed = Edgy settings and bad forge maps will also be delayed  :prayers:

But custom games will be there day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Changing the subject a bit:

So, unfortunately my plans to 4p legendary coop w/ my regular crew has fallen apart due to my silly new work schedule D: 

Have to work that day, BUT, I am looking for 3 more people to do Legendary 4 player coop campaign on launch day (afternoon)!

Details:

1) Must be an above average Halo player
2) No talking during cutscenes, or skipping them (obv)
3) Will be doing the entire coop campaign in 4 player legendary coop from start to finish (with breaks)

Time: October 27th at 4:30PM EST. I have the 28th off, so we can pull an all nighter to beat the game. 

Let me know if any of you cool cats are interested! This game definitely seems like it will benefit from playing w/ a group of 4 the first time through like it was meant to be, rather than alone.

Okay, after Halo 4 and this, can we all agree that for Halo 6, if 343 holds back talking about a certain feature in the game, that it's either not as good as we've seen in previous games or delayed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems like I am one of the only one who liked Onslaught lol.  :(

Please tell me I'm not the only one xD

You better have a scorpion top mid.

Well, with the new GoldPro settings, I'm hoping to have better strafe acceleration and a 3sk in the tank. Should be balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that means you spawn in as a Spartan to test out the map... 

Yeah I figured it's just kinda odd to me they called it that instead of "Edit Mode" or something. Also, what does "[bake lights]" mean? Something to do with rendering the light and shadows when coming out of edit mode?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, with the new GoldPro settings, I'm hoping to have better strafe acceleration and a 3sk in the tank. Should be balanced.

Oh man I'm gonna be pushing that map for HCS!

ForgeHub is the first Forge community I learned about, and it goes so far back and I don't remember when that was.

I think its been around since pretty close to the launch of Halo 3. I remember going on ForgeHub before Foundry was released, while people were building everything on Last Resort. I eventually got to the point where I was checking the site multiple times a day because of how fast people were releasing things.

There was 1v1 map contest (I think they may have held a few of them during H3) where I was downloading basically every entered map. Turns out 1v1 maps are perfect for 4-player FFAs on splitscreen. So every time my friends and I got together we'd play splitscreen on brand new, super well-made maps. Those times were probably the most fun I've ever had playing Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I figured it's just kinda odd to me they called it that instead of "Edit Mode" or something. Also, what does "[bake lights]" mean? Something to do with rendering the light and shadows when coming out of edit mode?

If you don't want to wait for the lighting to render you can spawn in without waiting