CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Im not going back and watching videos but it wouldn't surprise me if this was some dumb Warzone sniper with "increased accuracy."

It also wouldn't surprise me if 343 just rewards people for missing. So idk

It doesn't have a skin so no I don't think so.

The Halo 5 sniper is known for having a lot of bullet magnetism at this point.

I agree with all of this.

Halo should not divert from this pattern. We have "copied" so many successful elements from other games and yet for some reason 343 has chosen to try to make a modern Ranking system work and mesh with an outdated style of matchmaking/playlists. Halo 5 needs to have a minimal amount of Ranked playlists.

I really like this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im not going back and watching videos but it wouldn't surprise me if this was some dumb Warzone sniper with "increased accuracy."

It also wouldn't surprise me if 343 just rewards people for missing. So idk

I posted a few pages ago with a sorta fishy snipe kill in Arena.

He didn't have to sacrifice vertical power positions because he used the stall. 

In addition to all the juking utility he showed off, you can also use it to hover closer to ledges that you couldn't normally make. On Eden for example there was a very thin pillar that couldn't normally be reached, but if you Sprint, Jump, Stabilize (then glide for a few seconds), and then trigger a Ground Pound (Glide even closer), you'd eventually reach the ledge. Me and some other people coined this as "Ghosting" when we saw Ghostayame do it in some of the footage from The Sprint.

In addition the GP also has applications of Boost Jumping, such as from Red 1 to Red 2 on Truth, or Red Yard to Red Plat on Empire.

that sounds like some spyro the dragon level shit

• Upvote (+1) 2

that sounds like some spyro the dragon level shit

BEYOND QUICK TIPS: SPYRO SPARTAN ABILITY DLC

If Forge isn't available at launch then I really worry for the direction 343i wants to take for Halo. Things like:

• File Share
  • Split-Screen
  • Forge
  • Custom Games
  • Firefight
  • A well working Theater mode not limited to Arena
  • Every weapon/vehicle having a unique purpose
  • A wide variety of multiplayer modes/playlists
  • ect.

all add a SUBSTANTIAL amount of replay value and the lulz-filled fun that made Halo so popular. 

Warzone, while it seems to have a greater replay value than Spartan Ops, doesn't seem to have the replay value that firefight had in Halo Reach. Have you ever tinkered with the settings and game modes in there? You could literally make it an endless supply of grunts running at you and your buddies while you all had 300% movement speed and bottomless clip Fuel Rod Cannons! At the same time, if you wanted an ODST like survival-based firefight mode against strong enemies while you have no shields with no armor abilities, you could do that. Then you could go into theater mode and edit your own clip/screenshots, showing off a sick clutch you just made to end the round, and put it up on your file share for everyone to see thanks to a simple yet feature-filled searching system.

I do believe 343i is a great studio filled with people who are passionate about Halo, but I just want a Halo game centered around community. A Halo game where I will never get tired of playing or watching, because the amount of tools available to us can almost never allow us to get bored. A game that's both easy to understand, but difficult to master. eSports is great, and don't get me wrong, I loved grinding up to 50 in Lone Wolves in Halo 3. But if that's the only thing I could do in Halo aside from the campaign, it wouldn't be the GOAT.

That's what I always thought made Halo great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This isn't a bad post at all. I agree with the logic. I'd suggest making FFA 8-man though, because the maps are large, but aside from that... proceed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This isn't a bad post at all. I agree with the logic. I'd suggest making FFA 8-man though, because the maps are large, but aside from that... proceed.

Yeah that's on Quinn and design team to decide. I prefer slower paced FFA's so that one was only slightly biased :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The sniper is still what worries me the most about this game right now. Good changes were made to it (reduced recoil), but the bullet magnetism is still insane...

199cf1e031b94b80cd4ed6eac9379b35.gif

This and the fact that it's on a longer respawn time than rockets on most maps leads me to think 343 acknowledges how ridiculous it is. It needs to change.

To view in 1080p:

looks more like a large hit box rather than magnetism.

Really hope this forge news isnt true. 

I mean if it is, this trend really needs to just go away. Patching in big features of a game post launch is just in bad taste.

Honestly it could be one of the best things they've ever done as far as competitive halo is concerned.

Forge (as well as custom game options) has been somewhat controversial within this community, the reason being that it allows players too many options meaning that it ends up splitting the community into pieces and it makes the idea of universal settings almost impossible, if you recall there were like 6 different competitive settings with Halo 4 (goldpro being the most notable) and in the end all it really did was split the community, not saying its necessarily as comparable with halo 5, but still forge and custom games have did good and bad for halo.

The entire point of forge to begin with was ultimately to give players tools to create their own maps (putting pressure off of devs and increasing games lifespan) and from my perspective it may very well be wise to hold off forge's release for a few months (to develop it more thus ensuring the game ultimately has more longevity) instead of releasing it launch day being less useful long term. Forge is considered incredibly significant to halo as a whole, not launching the game with it would likely cause a huge backlash (90% or so would likely buy it anyway because of MP/SP) so for 343i to not include it at launch would be crazy from a business standpoint, unless of course they thought it would end up helping them in the end.

As for games, all they really are is software, it is one thing to intentionally hold off something just to make players pay for it later on, but to refine or enhance a feature then release it to users later on is perfectly fine to me, I would rather they do something risky then just follow the status quo.

well all of that cut-out content being introduced later by a patch shows how bad the time management on 343is side is, or how strict microsoft as a publisher is with the release

i mean imagine the game being shipped with BTB and Forge, the time those two would have required means more bugs in the other parts of that game, means H5 might have been another MCC

ofc i prefer to cut-out parts of the game in order to have the remaing content bug-free, but this isnt really a solution to the actual problem imo

Halo needs a longer development cycle, 343i clearly seems to need more time

Microsoft (343i's publisher) is known for releasing things half-baked, 360 being a prime example.

first its sour, then its sweet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know my stance on it, well, partially anyway. Anyway great post and I agree with it entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah that's on Quinn and design team to decide. I prefer slower paced FFA's so that one was only slightly biased :)

I'm with you on that one, but the size of the maps will make it... turtle-paced.

Forge isn't the problem, the developers are the problem when they fuck shit up with crappy maps and horrible settings.

Do you honestly think Forge would kill H:CE? Naaaah.

I don't see why an entire community should be punished man. The community is divided because the game sucks man, just like what happened with Halo: Reach and Halo 4. Man, you give me a good default setting with good default maps and I can assure you... both the Casual and Competitive players will enjoy the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like a dick being short considering the amount you wrote OP. At the end of the day I have friends and roommates are some of the worst Halo players I've seen in years. You know, struggle to get 1 kill in a game. However they play through the beatings and have fun. With Halo 5 having no real social outside of Warzone it puts me in that awkward position. 

• Upvote (+1) 5