CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

244c2064e07628f5b440ef037e7211ca.gif

Both teams fighting over the points for the boss. Last hit gets it all! This is pretty darn epic, there are so many people. Definitely check this part out for yourself in RULs 24 minute Warzone gameplay.

Hopefully it doesn't just end there. To my knowledge, the Warder Eternal is the final boss and once it's dead, there is nothing else. Becomes a straight up Slayer game until one team hits 1000 points.

Hopefully it doesn't just end there. To my knowledge, the Warder Eternal is the final boss and once it's dead, there is nothing else. Becomes a straight up Slayer game until one team hits 1000 points.

So Warden Eternal just a mini boss in the campaign? 

Wonder who the Villain is

So Warden Eternal just a mini boss in the campaign? 

Wonder who the Villain is

No idea how he will be used in Campaign but I hope he doesn't remain as a meh bullet sponge like he does in that footage.

They really put no descope on a sniper to make it ultra rare or whatever. It's like they're mocking us.

But all those rare power weapons are really cool for the most part. I wish there was some sort of firefight mode or an equivent survival mode that would better feature these weapons. The whole system of unlocking unique guns is definitily tailored towards PvE.

What are people's thoughts on placing these weapons on arena maps or even in HCS? I hope a couple of them get added, maybe even some of the modified utility weapons too.

They really put descope on a sniper to make it ultra rare or whatever. It's like they're mocking us.

But all those rare power weapons are really cool for the most part. I wish there was some sort of firefight mode or an equivent survival mode that would better feature these weapons. The whole system of unlocking unique guns is definitily tailored towards PvE.

What are people's thoughts on placing these weapons on arena maps or even in HCS? I hope a couple of them get added, maybe even some of the modified utility weapons too.

If there is a need for them, I'd love to see it. I don't want them just shoe-horned in for the sake of using them in Arena.

No idea how he will be used in Campaign but I hope he doesn't remain as a meh bullet sponge like he does in that footage.

Bullet Sponging and a lot of Standing Around 

Halo 5 AI so far 

I like the new animations though very refreshing

Personally my favourite part of RUL's 24 min Apex 7 video is at 10:10...

"Death comes to you, human!"  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time the Warden Eternal spawns the game becomes a high school pile on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty I'd love to see some of the Arena games randomly spawn the "Legendary" weapons. Obviously not in HCS settings but for standard game modes it would be cool to see.

We had Truth spawning a Prophets Bane. What if it normally spawned a regular sword and there was a chance of it spawning a Prophet's Bane instead. You'd still get the countdown timer to signify it spawning in 10 seconds (or whatever it was) but it wouldn't always spawn.

Sidenote I think Warzone looks like a lot of fun. In my current gaming mindset I'd probably play it more than Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is nobody talking about the fact the BR suddenly has a different scope....this scares me

And warzone footage looks pure anime :x

Why is nobody talking about the fact the BR suddenly has a different scope....this scares me

In Warzone some of the weapons have different scopes and even effects depending on which card you use/have. Can't use them in Arena so it's purely a Warzone thing.

Warzone looks incredible, the fact there is a variation for every weapon, skins for everything, and so on should keep people playing for months and month on end, I know I would.

Another thing that I hadn't really thought about before is that Warzone might be a mode people go into right after campaign, because of the difficulty level of the AI I see players who are experts at taking them down being of a lot more value than they would in regular MP.

Oh and did anyone else see the BR that disentigrates folks? goddamn that was sexy, we should use that in arena for goodness grape.

It's one of the weapon variants.

What is this, Halo CE?

WEE WOO WEE WOO! CE didn't give enough immersion, bro! What are ya? Some sort of CE purist?  Halo 5's new direction is stunning and brave!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So uh, is there not a gravity hammer in this game...?

I hope not. Would be a great step in the right direction. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Grifball?!

Pretty sure one of the dev's confirmed the return of Grifball at RTX I believe. So that would include a gravity hammer