CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I know this is a terrible way to look at it, but it can't really get worse

Right o.o?

We all said this when Halo: Reach was the main game and Halo 4 was on its way.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My expectations for Halo 5 are extremely low. 343 has to blatantly state things things and not use buzzwords for me to look forward to it.

99.999% chance this is nonsense.

As far as I know, the rumors originated here...http://pastebin.com/qW6LVdFx

Frankie's response...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67995921&postcount=256

Yeah that was from July 4th 2013 iirc, I doubt the rumor was true at all (frankie's response was great btw) but it opened me up to the possibility of an RPG halo, at first it didn't make sense but the more I thought about it the more likely it sounded, I concluded that halo would fit the RPG genre well (perhaps better than any other) and frankly I would be surprised if MS didn't steer the franchise in that direction at some point or another.

So yeah rumor fake, RPG halo inevitable.

btw fuck midship, lets hope and pray 343i doesn't make any remakes next time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Midship Remake

If they dont do it we will, 3-4 times and we will use all of them in our settings #mapvariety

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they dont do it we will, 3-4 times and we will use all of them in our settings #mapvariety

Meh, Onyx and Simplex were the H4 Midship Clones, and Amplified and Onslaught were the H3 Middy clones; and they were only used once each at the end of their life cycle.

If sprint is in there, I'm done. I have not enjoyed a single Halo that focused game play around sprint. 

It's sad because, up until now, I've always been optimistic that somehow Bungie/343 would learn from their mistakes and would listen and improve the newest edition of Halo.

This has not been the case.

I really hope Halo 5 is good, but I'm not holding my breath this time around.

Halo won't get better. It will still have the crap we hate. 343i knew what we wanted before halo 4 even cam out so yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm sorry? Want to rephrase that for me?

Was directed at Sprint being innate + in all playlists.

Was directed at Sprint being innate + in all playlists.

Still not a way to approach a discussion.

You've had warnings in the past; be respectful.

As for my reasoning obviously I don't want sprint in the next Halo title, but its becoming a normality across all shooters, and has been in the past two Halo games. I have a well developed anti-Sprint speech, but I just don't see it being removed for the next title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 were to implement the things they know 95% of the players don't want then it shows, no matter how much dev support they give, they are truly not listening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem isn't sprint itself, it's that it doesn't work in Halo. It works in COD, Gears of War, Battlefield, but not in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 were to implement the things they know 95% of the players don't want then it shows, no matter how much dev support they give, they are truly not listening.

The problem isn't sprint itself, it's that it doesn't work in Halo. It works in COD, Gears of War, Battlefield, but not in Halo.

It isn't 95% of people that dislike Sprint. If I had to guess I'd say 15-25% would prefer it removed. It doesn't work in Competitive Halo, no doubt, but it only affects standard Halo at a foundational level, and is unnoticed by most players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem I've always had with sprint was that it was unnecessary, COD/battlefield are military shooters and are heavily based on realism so having sprint makes sense plus they have really fast killtimes which makes the effects of sprints insignificant, as for gears its heavily based around movement and has had sprint since the beginning so they have to follow up on that, as for halo though it has had very little impact on halo as a whole (in fact most argue it has a negative one) and really just ends up being a waste of a button, I really hope they get rid of sprint in future halo titles simply so I don't have to worry about my X button being broken from excessive use.

Also I found what @@Gaard was talking about...

http://www.lazygamer.net/rumour-2/is-halo-5-going-to-be-an-open-world-shooter/

At best just a rumor, the supposed 343i employee leak was more likely really.

The problem I've always had with sprint was that it was unnecessary, COD/battlefield are military shooters and are heavily based on realism so having sprint makes sense plus they have really fast killtimes which makes the effects of sprints insignificant, as for gears its heavily based around movement and has had sprint since the beginning so they have to follow up on that, as for halo though it has had very little impact on halo as a whole (in fact most argue it has a negative one) and really just ends up being a waste of a button, I really hope they get rid of sprint in future halo titles simply so I don't have to worry about my X button being broken from excessive use.

Also I found what @@Gaard was talking about...

http://www.lazygamer.net/rumour-2/is-halo-5-going-to-be-an-open-world-shooter/

At best just a rumor, the supposed 343i employee leak was more likely really.

Everyone and their grandma has believed that rumor. Not only has it been debunked, but it is absolutely absurd. There is no way a main Halo title would stray from the golden formula that Halo campaigns fit into. Perhaps for a spin-off title (i.e. ODST, where it worked well), but a main Halo campaign will never be open world.

To add on to that, the supposed 'leaker' had awful grammar and spewed a bunch of other nonsense that would have crippled the multiplayer formula.

4 weeks till E3....

Halo 5 to be the savior or the nail in the coffin(forever) to competitive Halo as it is(not like there is much at the moment anyway)

Everyone and their grandma has believed that rumor. Not only has it been debunked, but it is absolutely absurd. There is no way a main Halo title would stray from the golden formula that Halo campaigns fit into. Perhaps for a spin-off title (i.e. ODST, where it worked well), but a main Halo campaign will never be open world.

To add on to that, the supposed 'leaker' had awful grammar and spewed a bunch of other nonsense that would have crippled the multiplayer formula.

Yeah they would NEVER stray from halo's formula :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah they would NEVER stray from halo's formula :kappa:

Multiplayer has to change for the game to sell; a new story, enemies, weapons, and characters are enough to change a campaign.

I see your point though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't care if Halo 5 is delayed. Just please lord let it be good!

Me and you both bro. Idc if its 5 months late just please god let it be good.

Multiplayer has to change for the game to sell; a new story, enemies, weapons, and characters are enough to change a campaign.

I see your point though.

What makes me believe it at least a little is that it has an incredible amount of tech talk mixed with a good deal of inside knowledge, its incredibly ambitious (something they would do for a next gen halo title) and if you look at the way halo has gone in the last odd something years (insane amounts of variation, class based sandbox, and a general amount of player customization and control) halo being an RPG game makes some level of sense, not saying it necessarily will happen but I think the chances are definitely in my favor on this one and really I think it would be wonderful for halo (SP wise)

Halo5chaser pretty much :kappa:

What makes me believe it at least a little is that it has an incredible amount of tech talk mixed with a good deal of inside knowledge, its incredibly ambitious (something they would do for a next gen halo title) and if you look at the way halo has gone in the last odd something years (insane amounts of variation, class based sandbox, and a general amount of player customization and control) halo being an RPG game makes some level of sense, not saying it necessarily will happen but I think the chances are definitely in my favor on this one and really I think it would be wonderful for halo (SP wise)

Halo5chaser pretty much :kappa:

I'm going to have to disagree. Halo should never stray close to RPG elements.