CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No but in the beta you could nade power weapons to you and you'd get a medal called "Combat Evolved" along with an announcement. :saucey:

Is there a video that proves you cant? because the powerups in H5 look VERY similar to the armor ability pick-ups in Reach. And although Reach didn't have weapon nading, their physics were much like weapons. So if the powerups DO have the same physics as all over weapons, why wouldn't it work?

Plasma grenades only, right?

I believe so.

Is there a video that proves you cant? because the powerups in H5 look VERY similar to the armor ability pick-ups in Reach. And although Reach didn't have weapon nading, their physics were much like weapons. So if the powerups DO have the same physics as all over weapons, why wouldn't it work?

I suppose no one has tried it in the recent builds.

Its Plasmas only, theoretically since Plasma Caster is just a bunch of plasma nades you should be able to use it as well 

I think gameplay showed a plasma nade on powerups and it wouldn't fly away so I don't think you can 

so with those numbers combined we have 513 cosmetic cards in the beta alone, add another 100 for armor mods/power-ups/boosts/Loadout weapons/etc which leaves another 400 cards for weapon variants and more cosmetic stuff, I hope 343 has come up with some good designes!

I'm not a fan of those wax too colofull skins (take a look at the pistol in the REQ blog) but I do like the colores and the pattern of the Hydra skin!

Is this part of the new ARG? I guess it's probably going to be connected to Hunt The Truth Season 2...

I just had four games in a row, found them all within 20 seconds each time. No-one quit. People voted H2C BR's and CE.

No lag, no disconnects, games ended within 10 kills of each other.

What the hell has changed? Tonight was perfect. Legitimately made me really really sad. I feel crap right now knowing every night could have been like this.

If Halo 5 even has 10% of the atmosphere I had tonight I am all for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice to see that you can see the MP lobby status while in the menus.  Been wanting that for a long time.

Also

"There's options to disable assassinations"  :walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

did that guy seriously say fishsticks was a classic control scheme?

Yall got your wish it seems. Assassinations can be disabled

I've heard somewhere else so I'm pretty sure its correct, I think when halo 5 originally came out everyone was expecting it to be like halo 4 or perhaps worse, but 343i have done a much better job at making it competitive than I (or most) expected them to, I never thought they would even give us the ability to disable assassinations so that's an example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did that guy seriously say fishsticks was a classic control scheme?

I've heard somewhere else so I'm pretty sure its correct, I think when halo 5 originally came out everyone was expecting it to be like halo 4 or perhaps worse, but 343i have done a much better job at making it competitive than I (or most) expected them to, I never thought they would even give us the ability to disable assassinations so that's an example.

I didn't think it would be like 4, I thought we were in for another huge shift in direction after that shit storm.

Presentation from 343's Kevin Franklin. Quite an interesting watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

More:

• 10 Assault Rifle Skins

• 7 Battle Rifle Skins

• 5 DMR Skins

• 5 SMG Skins

• 7 Magnum skins

So, here's a question. Do weapons PAST these have skins? Or is this just looking at loadout weapons? If so, how would one equip skins for other weapons, such as a Carbine, or Storm Rifle? Just spitballing, because these weapons had skins in Halo 4, so it seems weird to not have them here.

Define "interesting"

he says he worked on a hardcore competitive fps for the psp. I found that "interesting".
  • Upvote (+1) 2