CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we please go back to multiple people in theater. I wanna watch film with friends.

Not enough bandwidth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Resource allocation. Any time a developer spends time and money on one part of the game that's time and money they could spend somewhere else, I would rather they invest on more unique and interesting forge canvases, instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

Forge world wasn't even all that great to be honest, would've been amazing if you could go underwater and make a map like abyss (I think that's the name anyway) or you could go further up and make a map more spacey, hell even a cave (that forerunner looking one didn't count either) would've made it more interesting, it really wasn't anything spectacular outside of just being freakin huge.

budget was stupid, doubt they will even have it for 5 but we'll see.

well forge world was supposed to just act as a hub, where you put all your creations using the different areas, I would love for us to go back to having one huge world, but make it more huge, add a space section that you can go to from the ground, allow us to go under water, have different climates etc.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

well forge world was supposed to just act as a hub, where you put all your creations using the different areas, I would love for us to go back to having one huge world, but make it more huge, add a space section that you can go to from the ground, allow us to go under water, have different climates etc.

Kind of wish they would give us a mini halo, you know where it starts off being one environment then progresses into different ones, would be a mini version obviously but the concept is sound.

Kind of wish they would give us a mini halo, you know where it starts off being one environment then progresses into different ones, would be a mini version obviously but the concept is sound.

exactly, forge world at the time was cool because it was one area with a bunch of different sections, buthe whole map looked the same, the only difference was the terrain, we need more than just that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

exactly, forge world at the time was cool because it was one area with a bunch of different sections, buthe whole map looked the same, the only difference was the terrain, we need more than just that.

I think 6 smaller areas with forest, snow, space, sea, caverns, and one flat blank arena would be the best. It would bring more options for creativity in map designs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Terrain options like Halo 2A's would be nice, except without the frameloss if possible lol. 

Multiple areas though, like suggested above, would be nice though.

I'm pretty sure we will get blank forge canvas map.

I am hoping that next week is forge gameplay but it's probably not lol. 

Worst case scenario it's more warzone gameplay which I personally don't care about. 

Best case (IMO) is forge and theater gameplay. Or maybe new build arena gameplay. 

Terrain options like Halo 2A's would be nice, except without the frameloss if possible lol. 

Multiple areas though, like suggested above, would be nice though.

I'm pretty sure we will get blank forge canvas map.

I am hoping that next week is forge gameplay but it's probably not lol. 

Worst case scenario it's more warzone gameplay which I personally don't care about. 

Best case (IMO) is forge and theater gameplay. Or maybe new build arena gameplay. 

Warzone is literally my worst nightmare...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would love to see NEW war zone stuff, not the same map over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That forge world vidoc blew my mind at the time, I want my mind to be blown again.

343 should've done the same thing to WarZone 

Forge info...theater info? Seriously, im nervous about forge being the same.

Same, I'm worried that its going to be another Halo 4/ H2A forge where nothing really innovated. I'm scared that since they haven't announced anything about it yet, that it isn't something they want advertising. I doubt if Forge was this spectacular innovator, they would have kept quiet about it for this long since it could have been used to advertise the game like how Halo Reach did with Forge World, and it doesn't help that we are a month away from release. Hopefully I am wrong and forge in Halo 5 will be amazing so we can have fun customs back again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd really like another Pros vs 343 before H5 launches. Some more more H2C or even some H3. Was a ton of fun last time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would be nice to be able to change the colours of each part in forge, could make it better for callouts in competitive games as well as some crazy custom games maps.

I dont think we could hope for too much more than something like that, I highly doubt forge will be that different to what we've already seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Forge world was needlessly large, so much so you could have 32v32 on there and it still wouldn't be large enough.

Don't misunderstand me, I want maps that are large, however just making maps large for the sake of it is pointless, and really they would be better of making 2 or 3 separate but distinct forge environments.

Yeah I remember trying to get maps to run with no framerate drops in Forge World and wondering why every environment had to be on that one map, why half the pieces had to have proximity lights on them, why every piece had to have some flashy crap on it that made every map look like a mess.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It would be nice to be able to change the colours of each part in forge, could make it better for callouts in competitive games as well as some crazy custom games maps.

I dont think we could hope for too much more than something like that, I highly doubt forge will be that different to what we've already seen.

If Pegasus is any indication, it seems you van change colors and add numbers to blocks. I think they're adding a limited amount of "callouts" - like you have a set amount of verbal callouts you can use with a trait zone on certain parts of the map

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Pegasus is any indication, it seems you van change colors and add numbers to blocks. I think they're adding a limited amount of "callouts" - like you have a set amount of verbal callouts you can use with a trait zone on certain parts of the map

That'll be good, but I still think there's more that could be done though.

Warzone is literally my worst nightmare...

Warzone is sooo boring, I think it would be better if it was a PvP boss battle type of mode, like they have gigantic and OP enemies (think the war sphinx from first E3 trailer) and your team has to battle over it, sort of like what they did with God of War Ascension.

One thing I really hope they don't do is make an 8v8 playlist, I know people want a dedicated BTB playlist but 12v12 will function almost exactly the same and I believe having it be 8v8 is just unnecessary, and considering how much easier it would be to have 12v12 instead of 8v8 I definitely think its better they go that route instead. Classic BTB (no REQ's or AI's) and Wazone in same playlist.

Same, I'm worried that its going to be another Halo 4/ H2A forge where nothing really innovated. I'm scared that since they haven't announced anything about it yet, that it isn't something they want advertising. I doubt if Forge was this spectacular innovator, they would have kept quiet about it for this long since it could have been used to advertise the game like how Halo Reach did with Forge World, and it doesn't help that we are a month away from release. Hopefully I am wrong and forge in Halo 5 will be amazing so we can have fun customs back again.

Well when it came to H4/H2A I believe hardware limits were the main reason why you didn't see any serious improvements, it may also be the case that they simply don't want to improve it any more, as in they don't feel as though its worth their time.

I definitely expect them to get rid of the item limit though, they don't have as much of a reason to put it on forge this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear to christ if there is more shitty commentary...

I'm more excited about the release of Halo 5 that the Halo "Youtubers" actually have to try and make original content instead of relying on early footage, like they think people are only watching for their personality or something special they bring to these videos.

SO CLOSE TO LAUNCH.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If we want Customs to thrive, 343 needs to make the File Sharing more user friendly. Not that mess we got in Halo 4 and MCC. And are we going to be able to search for gametypes/maps again? You know, a feature that was in Halo 3 in 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They should just use the breakout star trek holodeck area as the forge area. Then allow players to pick from different backgrounds/skyboxes and palettes.

Well, I found the Binary Rifle. (Look in the bottom left corner)

I swear you change your profile pic every day. You got like a folder called "super kawaii animu women" on your PC or something? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear you change your profile pic every day. You got like a folder called "super kawaii animu women" on your PC or something? lol

No, just 20 or so folders on specific images for profiles. XP It's really hard for me to get one specific profile image, though, sometimes I'll shoot through multiple images, to see what works as well. *Shruggle*

Well, I found the Binary Rifle. (Look in the bottom left corner)

devblogunconfirmed1-1047617d83204ea1804f

Incineration cannon requires charge up for damage, lets hope binary is the same.