CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So does this mean the Pistol is pretty much going to make other weapons useless and overpower them except for obvious power weapons?

Seems odd. Hasn't been this way since CE.

So does this mean the Pistol is pretty much going to make other weapons useless and overpower them except for obvious power weapons?

no, where are you getting that from? And CE the weapons were all good as well
  • Upvote (+1) 1

no, BR/DMR/Carbine/LR all offer much easier to use options. They're definitely worth picking up. 

no, where are you getting that from? And CE the weapons were all good as well

I'm just assuming based on the kill times we have right now. The BR and Pistol are both 1.2 TTKs, along with many other weapons being 1.2, but I'm sure the pistol shoots faster in Halo 5, unless they changed it.

Yeah, the other CE weapons were good other than the AR. That thing was useless. :P

no, BR/DMR/Carbine/LR all offer much easier to use options. They're definitely worth picking up. 

Good to know. Not saying I prefer easier/less skill over learning to be good with a weapon. I'm not against the pistol at all. I enjoyed it being the utility weapon in CE, but it just seems odd to have the tier 2 weapons if they're not worth picking up, which is why I asked.

I guess I'm just concerned with weapon balancing, but we shall see.

I'm not against the pistol at all. I enjoyed it being the utility weapon in CE, but it just seems odd to have the tier 2 weapons if they're not worth picking up, which is why I asked.

That's the sad state of the current sandbox...it's too cluttered

Yeah, the other CE weapons were good other than the AR. That thing was useless. 

H1 AR is useless if you suck at the game. Only real gun that is useless is the Needler.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What halo 1 did you play? 

Halo CE only had the Pistol and AR as standard weapons, the rest except the shotgun and needler I suppose, were power weapons which are better than the pistol, depending on situation. The pistol dominated in CE with it's 3SK, there's no denying that, but I never had a need to pick up any other weapon, other than the sniper rifle, or use them because of how good it was in comparison.

H1 AR is useless if you suck at the game. Only real gun that is useless is the Needler.

I dunno, I rarely get killed by the AR and can still kill them with the pistol faster than they can kill me, but maybe they suck, I don't know.. The only instance where I can see the AR being used is if you're in a very very close range. I will agree about the Needler though, even though I honestly forgot about it.

I dunno, I rarely get killed by the AR and can still kill them with the pistol faster than they can kill me, but maybe they suck, I don't know.. The only instance where I can see the AR being used is if you're in a very very close range. I will agree about the Needler though, even though I honestly forgot about it.

H1 AR is useful as a technical weapon, as you can use it to quick camo. It also has one of the fastest/longest reaching melees in the game, therefore it is a double melee beast.

If you only use Pistol in OG, you're going to get fucked. MCC you get away with a lot of bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just assuming based on the kill times we have right now. The BR and Pistol are both 1.2 TTKs, along with many other weapons being 1.2, but I'm sure the pistol shoots faster in Halo 5, unless they changed it.

Yeah, the other CE weapons were good other than the AR. That thing was useless. :P

Nah most weapons are pretty viable. BR is easy mode and good for CQC/cleaning up kills, Pistol is utility but hardest, DMR is upgraded Pistol w/ Range, Carbine looks beasty iirc, LR is scary to control space/top mid

AR was pretty good just had to know when to use it

H1 AR is useful as a technical weapon, as you can use it to quick camo. It also has one of the fastest/longest reaching melees in the game, therefore it is a double melee beast.

If you only use Pistol in OG, you're going to get fucked. MCC you get away with a lot of bullshit.

I haven't touched OG in a long time, unfortunately, since no one really cared about Halo among my group of friends. Never got to play it against others. I guess I'm just used to MCCs mess, which is mostly what I was referring to to begin with. Also was referring to the PC version of the game, which I'll assume is just as bad.

Nah most weapons are pretty viable. BR is easy mode and good for CQC/cleaning up kills, Pistol is utility but hardest, DMR is upgraded Pistol w/ Range, Carbine looks beasty iirc, LR is scary to control space/top mid

AR was pretty good just had to know when to use it

Interesting. Any reason why pistol is harder to use over the other weapons? I'm confused about that.

I haven't touched OG in a long time, unfortunately, since no one really cared about Halo among my group of friends. Never got to play it against others. I guess I'm just used to MCCs mess, which is mostly what I was referring to to begin with. Also was referring to the PC version of the game, which I'll assume is just as bad.

Interesting. Any reason why pistol is harder to use over the other weapons? I'm confused about that.

Pistol was the only gun besides Sniper (And Plasma Rifle if you want to count that) that headshots mattered. With it being single shot and the game in general having high damage weapons in their general niche (things like CQC, Long range, etc) and the game having low bullet magnetism, resulted in Pistol having a very quick TTK but a much slower (compared to the fastest TTK which is 0.6) average TTK. Making the other guns way more viable 

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC is an utter mess. If you want to put things into perspective, check out http://www.halobugs.com

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really? I love and use the Needler constantly. XP It's instant death once the fire rate begins ramping up, especially at range, when the enemy doesn't initially see me.

Really? I love and use the Needler constantly. XP It's instant death once the fire rate begins ramping up, especially at range, when the enemy doesn't initially see me.

You can bypass the acceleration by holding RT while reloading.

The biggest problem is that you can dodge the needles by simply strafing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest problem is that you can dodge the needles by simply strafing.

That's again, assuming you charge head-on into your enemy. The Needler isn't really an assault weapon, it's more so an ambush weapon, well, until Halo 3, and Halo 4, the latter making the weapon an absolute death machine.

This lack of news is absolutely terrible.

There's almost always a lack of news during the week-end. We got REQ and CTF news last week and IGN will be releasing some more info next week. it's not that bad.

Advantages of using the Plasma Rifle over the Magnum in an ambush?  I mean yeah the guy turns around slower, but couldn't you just as easily five-shot or three-shot him?

Any scenario where you would ever want to use the Plasma Pistol?  Aside from vehicles I can't think of any, and even then you have frag nades.

That's again, assuming you charge head-on into your enemy. The Needler isn't really an assault weapon, it's more so an ambush weapon, well, until Halo 3, and Halo 4, the latter making the weapon an absolute death machine.

I agree.  Fire it off at long-ish range and the opponent will die to it before they even realize what is happening.  Very situational sure, but not entirely worthless.

Advantages of using the Plasma Rifle over the Magnum in an ambush? I mean yeah the guy turns around slower, but couldn't you just as easily five-shot or three-shot him?

Any scenario where you would ever want to use the Plasma Pistol? Aside from vehicles I can't think of any, and even then you have frag nades.

I agree. Fire it off at long-ish range and the opponent will die to it before they even realize what is happening. Very situational sure, but not entirely worthless.

Plasma pistol is helpful for taking out OS.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You guys excited about getting all this new info from the community members? I know I am!

947aa2c14ed0541ec2b152b4ed30533d.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree.  Fire it off at long-ish range and the opponent will die to it before they even realize what is happening.  Very situational sure, but not entirely worthless.

For the most part, the Needler really is worthless, even in BTB.

At least the AR is great at murdering vehicle drivers, all the Needler does fire slow-moving pink darts that can be easily avoided.

Plasma pistol is helpful for taking out OS.

plasma caster in halo 5 takes out someone with OS when charged, really wish we had a version of OS that was 3 or 4 layers but degraded with time (like it did originally with H4) would be interesting anyway.

For the most part, the Needler really is worthless, even in BTB.

At least the AR is great at murdering vehicle drivers, all the Needler does fire slow-moving pink darts that can be easily avoided.

the needler has its moments, in halo 5 though with everyone using thrusters and slide I expect it to be less useful this time around.