CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You guys honestly think coliseum doesn't look anime? Idk what to say. For me it shouts anime. Maybe I can show the similarities in detail later. But I am now thinking you are all honestly confused what it is I am referring to.

Ok

I don't like the look either but could you be more specific?

I expect either a tournament, or involvement with HCS.

Forge info would be pretty awesome though, gotta say this time around 343i didn't give up everything like they did with H4.

I don't like the look either but could you be more specific?

The funny thing is that its more of a compliment than an insult, frankly I wish more game developers would be more creative with their games, instead of just making everything look as realistic as possible.

Plaza, Colisuem and Regret are my favorites in the Aesthetics category

I fucking hate the fact that every human map has that colored line on every structure like Humanity was stripped off of creativity in the future

So there's still quite a few maps we haven't seen yet on the arena side of things.

So there's still quite a few maps we haven't seen yet on the arena side of things.

We've seen all the maps for Arena.

Anyone else really hoping for a "The Sprint to Gold" series? I've enjoyed every second of The Sprint so far and this seems like it would be an interesting look into the "polish" aspect of game development.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We've seen all the maps for Arena.

Truth, Regret, Empire, Eden, Fathom, Plaza, Rig, Coliseum, Orion, Pegasus, and the two Breakout maps. That's twelve.

Two more.

Actually, I totally get the anime/eastern stuff. And it's not a bad thing, unless you inherently hate anime, I guess.

343i's art style is definitely more angular/curvaceous than Bungie's blocky/bulky art style of the past.
 Halo 4, and, even moreso Halo 5 have a vibe that just screams "Mecha Anime", and less "Hard Sci-Fi Military Hardware." Granted, I feel like Halo, or, at least Bungie, as always had some level of anime influences on them. Remember Oni?

iDzPRwH.png

rYV00E6.png
 Again, this isn't a bad thing. At least, not in my opinion. There are certain things I like and dislike about 343i's artstyle, just as there are certain things I like and dislike about Bungie's. A major complaint I have with the Bungie art style is that Human structures/setups make no functional sense a lot of the times. Like, what the heck is going on in Blackout?

343i's art is more hyper-stylized and not as gritty as the older games, but Is it cartoony? I wouldn't say so. The most cartoony Halo game imo is Halo 3, and I still love that game's visual style to this day.

Some of it, I'd reckon, is visual fidelity, as well as in-lore timeline tech advancements, but I'd argue that a lot of it is pure style. Whether or not that's good is completely subjective, but if Halo was made/published my Square Enix, or Konami, I could see it looking like 343i's art style for sure.​

• Upvote (+1) 5

Are we absolutely sure that the 4 forge maps count?

We've asked and asked and nobody has commented. @@Sal1ent - any confirmation?

Arena Maps so far:

01. Truth

02. Regret

03. Empire

04. Eden

05. Fathom

06. Coliseum

07. Plaza

08. The Rig

Pictures of each in Spoiler:

Halo-5-Guardians-Truth-1.jpg

h5-mp-beta-establishing-regret-lockbox-1

Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplayer-Beta-Empire

H5-MP-Beta-Establishing-Eden-Captains-of

h5-guardians-fathom-establishing-sub.jpg

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-coliseum

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-to

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-the-rig-

NEEDS MORE GRASS :wutface:

i don't think there has been a previous halo game with as many developer made maps where the geometry looks so similar (empire, eden, fathom, plaza, rig) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't think there has been a previous halo game with as many developer made maps where the geometry looks so similar (empire, eden, fathom, plaza, rig) 

CE?(Although you could say that it was due to limitations at the time)

If the Forge maps don't count, we've got another six maps to see.

Willing to bet they'll be remixes.

I'm willing to bet forge count lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the Forge maps counting in the beta, and nothing being said to argue otherwise since then, they will probably count. Best case scenario, only the individual Forge environments will count, which would make them count as a total of 2 maps instead of 4(The Breakout environment counting as 1, and the planet with Orion and Pegasus counting as the other, assuming that there aren't any other Forge environments that we haven't seen)

wall running would suck, wall jumping would be great instead of clamber.

running would be a test, wall jumping would work and would bring interesting maps for sure. I've always said this

Technically, it's a tier 2 weapon, so it's on a dynamic timer and isn't a true power weapon.

Well fuck you tierboy.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

running would be a test, wall jumping would work and would bring interesting maps for sure. I've always said this

maps would all have these huge open hallways to make use of it, I'm not so sure those kinds of maps would work for halo.

Lol if 343 included Forge variants in the map count. Not even Bungie went that low.

You kidding me? Bungie shipped a buttload of maps in Reach on launch, only made in Forge. Blood Gulch, Ascension, The Cage, Sanctuary, Paradiso, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1